Confirmed with Link: FLA trades Stralman, prospect Kolyachonok, & a 2nd rounder ('24) to ARI for a 7th rounder ('24)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Coyotes hired the assistants from the last two teams to win the cup to fill their hockey ops, will be interesting to see how that plays out going forward.

GM Bill Armstrong, from AGM with St Louis
Director of Scouting Darryl Plandowski, from AD with Tampa.

Turned over the whole scouting department as well.

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see the results of BA's work but your draftees from this year were picked off the board so I personally don't see how the Yotes can effectively translate the upcoming tank operation into a positive outcome in the distant future for you.

e: However, I commend you for stealing Seattle's spotlight of taking on bad contracts while they end up in the no man's land where they don't have the picks to tank or the players to compete.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Koly feels like another prospect that Marco Dano used to be: played big minutes for the Slovak national team and played in the KHL too... and his game just didn't translate to the NHL. (ofc Koly played OHL but...)
Huh?

One is a D, one is a F.
One is Belarussian, One is Slovakian.
One was a late 1st rd pick. One was a late 2nd round pick.
Dano was a small, not great skating guy. Koly has good size and a good skater.

I don't even understand this comparision.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Huh?

One is a D, one is a F.
One is Belarussian, One is Slovakian.
One was a late 1st rd pick. One was a late 2nd round pick.
Dano was a small, not great skating guy. Koly has good size and a good skater.

I don't even understand this comparision.

I'm not trying to compare position or nationality here. Both played in the KHL very early on as being further ahead in their development but that wasn't an indication of them being ready for the AHL/NHL.

You can read about his skating deficiencies and other physical attributes here if you don't remember the player:
Marko Dano: 2013 NHL Draft Prospect Profile

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It's not like anyone is shouting about it on the roof of BB&T Center, but okay. I'm expecting there to be other moves to justify this, but we're allowed to disagree on what we see right now, and right now the trade doesn't look that great. Hanzal summed it up perfectly in this post:

Zito's track record (so far) deserves the benefit of the doubt, but it'll be interesting to see how quickly people turn on him if or when the trades aren't all unicorns and rainbows.
I guess I felt that he wasn’t being given the benefit of doubt… he couldn’t do act 1 and act 2 of the Stralman Saga in one go, or so I’m inclined to think at this point, because literally everything he’s done has been for a good and rational reason. I’d expect this to be more of the same.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
$11.8mil cap space left currently - $6.25mil for Reinhart ($25mil over four years) = $5.55mil
Zito can get a top4 LD with that dough. Trade Vatrano for more cap space.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I feel like Vatrano would've been traded by now if Zito was looking to dump him for cap space.

I have a feeling the Vatrano rumour was connected to Seattle taking a player and then flipping to us. Obviously that didn't come to fruition and then we moved on to Reinhart, so moving him probably isn't even on the radar anymore.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I have a feeling the Vatrano rumour was connected to Seattle taking a player and then flipping to us. Obviously that didn't come to fruition and then we moved on to Reinhart, so moving him probably isn't even on the radar anymore.

Considering that Seattle has made only one deal (Pitlick for a 4th) when they should be wheeling and dealing like no tomorrow with their cap space, Francis is likely a very difficult trading partner.

peterbiz09

Jun 24, 2012
Miami, FL
Getting rid of stralman is a win. The price was a bit steep but the cap space to make more moves or even have in the back pocket for the trade deadline could prove to be invaluable.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Zito being really aggressive here and bleeding assets. I think it's fine so far, since we seem to have hit a jackpot with a guy like Forsling without spending any.

But now the D definitely needs an upgrade so that will be interesting to see.

Reactions: 16Skippy

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I like how he's spread out the years of the picks though, it makes it easier to sustain.

Yeah I think he probably doesn't want to move the 1st or 2nd rounder from 2023 to keep a steady flow of prospects coming in.

Who do you think he'll target on D? I can't see us having more that about 3.5 million in cap space after signing Reinhart and Verheage and trading Vatrano.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah I think he probably doesn't want to move the 1st or 2nd rounder from 2023 to keep a steady flow of prospects coming in.

Who do you think he'll target on D? I can't see us having more that about 3.5 million in cap space after signing Reinhart and Verheage and trading Vatrano.

Agreed.

I really don't know, and nothing out there really attracts me(now that we are out on Suter). Martinez is too expensive. I like Hakanpaa but we'd have too many rd. Maybe Weegar moves over to the left side again. I don't want Edler, he was always kinda slow and now he must be close to being a pylon. I say just sign a guy for really cheap who can fight with Nuti and Kiersted for playing time. Maybe we pick up someone at the deadline. We almost can't add another contract commitment over 2M beyond this season because Hags' raise kicks in in 22-23 as well as Barkov's.

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
To be fair Tallon had worst trades with Arizona: let’s see how he uses the cup.

I mentally moved Koly over the Reinhardt trade and I’m still happy:
Koly+Stralman+1st+Levi+2nd isn’t insane if lock ST long term. He might be the Hossa piece Tallon never found. At this point Ek, Weegar and Forsling are Keith, Seabriok and Hammer. Huberdeau and Barkov are Kane and Toews

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
  • I personally think this is Zito’s worst trade so far. I thought Stralman was still a serviceable d-man and actually played well sometimes. With his last year left on the contract I think it was a little too rich to move him for what we did.

I can see this but it wasn't so much about Strals, we need the cap space pure and simple. But now we also need a replacement though, preferably a veteran.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
To be fair Tallon had worst trades with Arizona: let’s see how he uses the cup.

I mentally moved Koly over the Reinhardt trade and I’m still happy:
Koly+Stralman+1st+Levi+2nd isn’t insane if lock ST long term. He might be the Hossa piece Tallon never found. At this point Ek, Weegar and Forsling are Keith, Seabriok and Hammer. Huberdeau and Barkov are Kane and Toews
What am I missing? He made 1 trade and fleeced them by getting rid of Demers. Jokinen was Martin...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad