Confirmed with Link: FLA trades Stralman, prospect Kolyachonok, & a 2nd rounder ('24) to ARI for a 7th rounder ('24)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I mean, trust Zito, but I'm gonna be pissed if we did this trade just to bring in a lateral improvement.

Or they're really counting on Nutivaara to get his shit together, which I have zero faith in after last season.
Yeah he was good in the playoffs, hope an improvement is lined up and this is not strictly a cap dump.

Reactions: scholl

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah he was good in the playoffs, hope an improvement is lined up and this is not strictly a cap dump.
I'm just looking at the UFA market, especially now that Martinez and Suter (+ the d-men signed by Seattle) seem to be signing somewhere else, and I don't see a clear improvement that justifies paying a 2nd rounder to bring in another Stralman.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I wonder what the cost is? Do we have to pay them? (Possibly yes with his cap.) Or maybe it's "future considerations"?
We've given up a 1st and 2nd round pick of the next draft already; I hope we're not giving up more.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm just looking at the UFA market, especially now that Martinez and Suter (+ the d-men signed by Seattle) seem to be signing somewhere else, and I don't see a clear improvement that justifies paying a 2nd rounder to bring in another Stralman.
Where ever Vatrano goes will make up for this lost pick. I'm more concerned with the actual blue line than the pick.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
This confirms it to me that Zito is in Win Now mode.

I didn't follow Kolyachonok much so I don't know how he fit into the future, but Zito didn't draft him so he doesn't care.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->