Confirmed with Link: FLA trades Stralman, prospect Kolyachonok, & a 2nd rounder ('24) to ARI for a 7th rounder ('24)

ursavolta

Aug 9, 2010
miami, Fl
Zito being really aggressive here and bleeding assets. I think it's fine so far, since we seem to have hit a jackpot with a guy like Forsling without spending any.

But now the D definitely needs an upgrade so that will be interesting to see.
I don't think he's "bleeding" per say. He is properly utilizing it at the right time. Would we have liked to just trade a 3rd and a 7th for a capdump? Hell yeah. We have to sell a little to get a little and looking at this team.. this is definitely the time.

Like you said, we could give up Koly because we have Forsling, Weegar and Ekblad. We also still have d prospects in the system, Priskie, Keeper, Ludwig, Keeper, Kierstad and Nause. That is one thing I like about Zito is that every trade he makes he plugs the hole effectively. I think I would be more worried if we only had Ekblad and we were making this trade. The second we gave up is more than likely a high third at this point. We have to give Barkov, Huber & Ekblad their support before they get too old or worse, too disgruntled with the lack of proper, successful re-tooling. I have never seen this team structured soo deep that we are worrying about getting a BOTTOM SIX VET Dman.

Just think about that for a sec, we are worried over getting a....

bottom..

six..

dman. This offseason.

If we fix our special teams and consistency we would be close to unstoppable. I am glad Zito is refreshing the soil. Things are looking up guys.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I have a feeling the Vatrano rumour was connected to Seattle taking a player and then flipping to us. Obviously that didn't come to fruition and then we moved on to Reinhart, so moving him probably isn't even on the radar anymore.
Seattle took a lot of LHD, maybe one of them was with a deal with FL in mind. Perhaps Francis is now trying to get a little better deal than Zito wants to give. Seems like Francis has high demands for any trade proposals.
Zito is not finished, he wouldn’t have paid the price to move Stralman if he didn’t have a plan to add to the D.

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
I don't think he's "bleeding" per say. He is properly utilizing it at the right time. Would we have liked to just trade a 3rd and a 7th for a capdump? Hell yeah. We have to sell a little to get a little and looking at this team.. this is definitely the time.

Like you said, we could give up Koly because we have Forsling, Weegar and Ekblad. We also still have d prospects in the system, Priskie, Keeper, Ludwig, Keeper, Kierstad and Nause. That is one thing I like about Zito is that every trade he makes he plugs the hole effectively. I think I would be more worried if we only had Ekblad and we were making this trade. The second we gave up is more than likely a high third at this point. We have to give Barkov, Huber & Ekblad their support before they get too old or worse, too disgruntled with the lack of proper, successful re-tooling. I have never seen this team structured soo deep that we are worrying about getting a BOTTOM SIX VET Dman.

Just think about that for a sec, we are worried over getting a....

bottom..

six..

dman. This offseason.

If we fix our special teams and consistency we would be close to unstoppable. I am glad Zito is refreshing the soil. Things are looking up guys.
A bottom six Dman? What?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So what D in free agency are we trying to add or is this to make room for Reinhart deal.

Has to be Suter or Savard. I'll take either for 1 year deal. Which wont happen ;(

I'm scared

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I could see Savard due to his time in CBJ, and if Zito knew him well.

30 years old so not over the hill age wise but someone not to give a 4+ year deal to either

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Has to be Suter or Savard. I'll take either for 1 year deal. Which wont happen ;(

I'm scared

If Lamo is part of the bidding process, Suter is going to get paid even as an over the hill veteran.
Savard is going to the Habs since Weber is LTIRetiring... I'd reckon that he'll get a 6x6 deal from Bergevin.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Why does everyone think it is Suter ?
Can we not afford the others.... I get D Hamilton being way too expensive, and maybe same with Barrie, but
what about Martinez ?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Why does everyone think it is Suter ?
Can we not afford the others.... I get D Hamilton being way too expensive, and maybe same with Barrie, but
what about Martinez ?

Martinez sounds like he has a deal on the table to stay in Vegas.

Ryan Murray might be an affordable option if he's willing to take less money for more term.

I'll take Chara for one year lol

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I don’t like this trade. Strals was one of the better d to mentor a young partner. Better then Ek, Weegar, Forsling, Gudas and Nuti, when it comes to mentoring. Bad decisions was the problem in the po and a pair with Gudas and Nuti isn’t great when it come to that.

I get that Zito needed the capspace, but it’ll only be enough for either Reinhart or another D. They problem with both is that neither will sign a one year deal.

3 of Strals 5,5 mil will be used to cover Yandle 5,3 buyout, compared to 2,3 this season...

With no big contracts ending next summer, exept Barkov, it will be hard to resign Barkov.

I would rather have kept Strals, since it’ll be difficult to use the cap for a replacement.

To those who think Sonk should have waived. Would it have made any difference? If this was the price for geting rid of Strals 5,5 over one year. What would the cost for two years of a bigger contract and Yandle be?

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Martinez sounds like he has a deal on the table to stay in Vegas.

Ryan Murray might be an affordable option if he's willing to take less money for more term.

I'll take Chara for one year lol

I would take Chara for a year as well lol.

I figured Martinez might stay but they are running short on cash no ?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

I'm scared

I'd be looking at just keeping Montour or maybe a Mike Reilly...I feel like he's a bit under-rated...would be a steady 4/5 type guy for us. Maybe pair him with Gudas.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I don’t like this trade. Strals was one of the better d to mentor a young partner. Better then Ek, Weegar, Forsling, Gudas and Nuti, when it comes to mentoring. Bad decisions was the problem in the po and a pair with Gudas and Nuti isn’t great when it come to that.

I get that Zito needed the capspace, but it’ll only be enough for either Reinhart or another D. They problem with both is that neither will sign a one year deal.

3 of Strals 5,5 mil will be used to cover Yandle 5,3 buyout, compared to 2,3 this season...

With no big contracts ending next summer, exept Barkov, it will be hard to resign Barkov.

I would rather have kept Strals, since it’ll be difficult to use the cap for a replacement.

To those who think Sonk should have waived. Would it have made any difference? If this was the price for geting rid of Strals 5,5 over one year. What would the cost for two years of a bigger contract and Yandle be?

The money now allows us to sign Reinhart and a Dman, not one or the other.

And we have to deal with Verhaeghe as well before next summer, not just Barkov.

Reactions: KW

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
The money now allows us to sign Reinhart and a Dman, not one or the other.

And we have to deal with Verhaeghe as well before next summer, not just Barkov.
How do you get both for 5,5 over one year?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Won't be such a fan of this move if it means bringing in another aging and over the hill d-man in Suter.

Sorry but he's just not what this team needs.

$6.25milx4 for Reinhart
Trade Vatrano for Schmidt (20% retained: $5.95mil -> $4.75mil)
Sign Kase for $3.2milx2
Cap space remaining: $11.8mil
-> 11.8 - 6.25 (= 5.55) + 2.53 (= 8.08) - 4.75 (= 3.33) - 3.2 = 0.1

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Duke - Lundell - Kase
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist

Schmidt - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Gildon - Gudas

If they don't go right up against the cap ceiling then this trade ends up being rather useless and silly.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
$6.25milx4 for Reinhart
Trade Vatrano for Schmidt (20% retained: $5.95mil -> $4.75mil)
Sign Kase for $3.2milx2
Cap space remaining: $11.8mil
-> 11.8 - 6.25 (= 5.55) + 2.53 (= 8.08) - 4.75 (= 3.33) - 3.2 = 0.1

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Duke - Lundell - Kase
Marchment - Acciari - Hornqvist

Schmidt - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Gildon - Gudas

If they don't go right up against the cap ceiling then this trade ends up being rather useless and silly.

Kase doesn't seem necessary IMO. Would rather save his cap hit for a trade deadline acq or any other 1 yr contract.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Kase doesn't seem necessary IMO. Would rather save his cap hit for a trade deadline acq or any other 1 yr contract.

Not a fan of TDL acquisitions because those are a great way to bleed assets unless they convert into contract extensions (e.g. currently Bennett vs. Montour). Kase would be a 20 goal scorer on this team and imo better suited for playoff action.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Not a fan of TDL acquisitions because those are a great way to bleed assets unless they convert into contract extensions (e.g. currently Bennett vs. Montour). Kase would be a 20 goal scorer on this team and imo better suited for playoff action.

I would view a TDL move in the event of an injury or something and we need help.

But I'm not against any of what you submitted. I would easily trade for a retained Schmidt.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00