Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CBJ] Markus Nutivaara for Cliff Pu

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I had actually forgotten all about Pu. I thought he had potential when drafted but he just fell off the map like a small sand island after a tsunami.
Nutivaara is worth his contract so great trade for the Panthers.

Reactions: Laus723

Twain

Jul 1, 2019
Well Kukan took his place this season and he was #7 during the playoffs. 2.7m is too much for that role in a flat cap world. Still shocked that they had to give him away and couldn’t even get a late pick. He is quite good after all and the cap hit is also reasonable. But I guess nobody wanted to give up anything of value.

Reactions: Laus723

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I had actually forgotten all about Pu. I thought he had potential when drafted but he just fell off the map like a small sand island after a tsunami.
Nutivaara is worth his contract so great trade for the Panthers.

Pu surprises when you least expect it

Reactions: MaWa and drktmplr12

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, you know what the Irish say... try to fill one hand with wishes and the other hand with Pu and see which fills up first. Seems Columbus found out.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I really dont expect the CBJ to go after Hall, but 2 UFAs would be interesting. They would need to clear space for that. We all know that Jarmo likes to make bold moves.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Nuti is a good player on a great contract. He’ll end up in Florida’s top 4, although I would more comfortably describe him as a #5. Zito got a steal and he knows it. I expected Jarmo and Zito to work together to help Florida upgrade their D but this isn’t quite what I expected.

Jarmo got a little cap space. For TBD.

It doesn’t feel good right now as a Jackets fan, but he was not penciled in our starting 6. Very curious what Jarmo has up his sleeve because he has been high on Nuti since the draft.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Any Columbus fans want to give us the run down on him? His ice time was comparable to kukan. Is he strictly a 3rd pairing or can he comfortably play on the 2nd line if needed? Does he play both sides? Capfriendly has him listed as a RD but he’s left handed
Second pairing normally - he was just pushed down by us having good guys elsewhere (and Gavrikov really taking off). Plays either side effectively. Decent passer and puckmover. Has pretty much no physical game, and while his shot isn't terrible it's not really all that great either. He's a Universal Fill-In.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad