lol "terrible"

Extremely terrible

Screenshot_20200613-183056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Supposedly this is purely a cap move.

Nutivaara is fine on the 2nd or 3rd pairing. Not much of a goal scorer and can have a lapse on defense but a good skater and puck mover.

Oh were used to Matheson. Nothing can be worse

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't see how a 2.6M$ player who actually is worth that money is a cap dump

I think it's one part market and one part team fit.

Hit contract is fine, although he hasn't lived up to his breakout in 17-18. He's kind of living in that no-man's land where he's a good third pair guy but not quite good enough on the 2nd pair. He's the type of guy where, yeah, his salary is fine, but teams are going to ask themselves if they can get away with someone cheaper in that role.

I think you're going to see that in this market in general, but it goes doubly for Columbus who has two very strong, minute eating D on their right side already. Florida, on the other hand, would probably like to bring Stralman's minutes down a bit. They now have another option on the right side to take some of those minutes.

You would think Jarmo could get something for him, though. I smell a bit of a favour to his old pal Zito.

Reactions: Guttersniped

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Nutivaara's contract puts him in something of an awkward spot for a lot of potential trade partners right now. He's overpaid to be a 3rd pairing Dman. But how many teams would be comfortable acquiring him as a full time 2nd pairing guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad