Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CBJ] Markus Nutivaara for Cliff Pu

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I remember when Pu was drafted from London. He fell hard in the draft because some criticized him for being too soft butt he's actually been getting better at going to the dirty areas and scoring some greasy goals. He tends to be really streaky - some games Pu is all over the ice while others games he just doesn't seem to get out of his end. This year his play towards the end really tapered off and he was playing sloppy in all three zones. Some former teammates have quietly told their coach that they don't want to play with Pu anymore. There's been a lot of dark days for Pu but I trust things will get brighter. I don't want to sound too corny, butt Pu might be more of a long-term project that requires a lot of patience. He doesn't have first line center potential but he could still develop into a very solid number 2.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
If CBJ won't be able to sign Pietrangelo/Hall/whoever they're going for, they'll look very bad...

Unless ownership requested cap dumps because of you-know-what

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
123.jpg

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If CBJ won't be able to sign Pietrangelo/Hall/whoever they're going for, they'll look very bad...

Unless ownership requested cap dumps because of you-know-what

Why? Nutivarra was a healthy scratch in the playoffs, he had been passed and is making way too much to be a 6/7 D. They have Harrington signed already for 1M cheaper to do the same job. As for the Murray deal I can see why they did that as well, he had been replaced by Gavrikov and would be making way too much to be 3rd pair. The return was light but he's an oft injured player that is going to be a free agent next summer, a 5th is a bit weak but I don't know if he had 2nd round value either.

Reactions: Laus723

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that Markus Nutivaara has proved to be a very nice NHL-calibrated defenseman in a top 4-5 role. So even if Jarmo didn't feel that he needs Markus at this price point I'm sure that the Florida Panthers will be very happy with this trade. Nice!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad