Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CBJ] Markus Nutivaara for Cliff Pu

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Have to feel a bit for Priskie on this one. He moved from Carolina where he was block to now get blocked again in Florida. He was suppose to be NHL ready.

The Panther had this Jacob MacDonald guy in the fold couple of years ago. Scored almost at a point-per-game pace in the AHL but didn't get an extended look in the show due to deficiencies in his defensive game. Probably the same applies to Priskie as well if he's not getting a decent opportunity in the NHL.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
The Panther had this Jacob MacDonald guy in the fold couple of years ago. Scored almost at a point-per-game pace in the AHL but didn't get an extended look in the show due to deficiencies in his defensive game. Probably the same applies to Priskie as well if he's not getting a decent opportunity in the NHL.
He was acquired at the trade deadline by the Panthers in the deal with Carolina. Only played 5 games for their farm team so pretty hard to judge anything off of that. now you have on the right side

Ekblad
Stralman
Nutivaava

Don't see him getting a sniff unless there is injuries or a trade. If I am a team I would see what it would take to get him with a new GM in town looking to mold his team. He already non tendered one of the pieces from that trade at the deadline.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I forgot about Pu, and checked his stats. 63 AHL games over two seasons, with three goals and eight assists to show for it? I guess he just didn't pan out, like a lot of guys after the second round? I'm wondering how he netted a guy with 244 NHL games?

Reactions: Laus723

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He was acquired at the trade deadline by the Panthers in the deal with Carolina. Only played 5 games for their farm team so pretty hard to judge anything off of that. now you have on the right side

Ekblad
Stralman
Nutivaava

Don't see him getting a sniff unless there is injuries or a trade. If I am a team I would see what it would take to get him with a new GM in town looking to mold his team. He already non tendered one of the pieces from that trade at the deadline.
Priskie is a local kid and probably next guy up. Nuti is probably playing left side.

my guess is that Priskie gets the call up when we dump Yandle...They both aren’t great defenders

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Priskie is a local kid and probably next guy up. Nuti is probably playing left side.

my guess is that Priskie gets the call up when we dump Yandle...They both aren’t great defenders

If Nuti plays the left side then it makes more sense. I know Priskie is a local kid that's why I made my initial comment. Dumping Yandle in this off season will take some serious work and most likely cost assets.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
I have zero idea who Pu is, but this move may have just saved David Savard. Nuti makes too much for. 6th defenseman, 4/5 when Murray is out. He was good the year before last, but then let Kukan pass him on the depth chart, and Peeke would have played above him this year and we’d lose him to Seattle most likely.
He’ll get a much bigger opportunity to play in Florida. Good for him. Wish him well.

This cap space better mean something.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I have zero idea who Pu is, but this move may have just saved David Savard. Nuti makes too much for. 6th defenseman, 4/5 when Murray is out. He was good the year before last, but then let Kukan pass him on the depth chart, and Peeke would have played above him this year and we’d lose him to Seattle most likely.
He’ll get a much bigger opportunity to play in Florida. Good for him. Wish him well.

This cap space better mean something.
Means that CBJ owner saves 2.6 millions?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Good move to make cap space. Didnt need a roster player back. Nuti is a top 4 but was on a team overloaded with top 4.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
That's seems really, really bad for Columbus, unless Nutivaara has gotten way worse in recent years. :dunno:

If you need quick cap space and have to retain salary to get rid of 4M dollar #4 dman Maatta, it doesn’t surprise me that #5 dman Nuti and his 2.7M cap hit comes for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad