Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Robert Hagg for 2022 6th round pick

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Three open slots, no retention on this particular deal.
You gotta believe they plan on using them if they didn't use one here, right? I mean even bumping it up to a 4th or 5th is better than wasting it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You gotta believe they plan on using them if they didn't use one here, right? I mean even bumping it up to a 4th or 5th is better than wasting it.

I would think they should, but who knows? Maybe the doom-and-gloom folks are right about the owners going full cheapskate? Or maybe they haven't been included because NHL GM's are a cliquish bunch and none of Adams' friends (if he has any) have needed any retention yet?

Reactions: Daz28

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I remember when Florida was salty about Tampa activating Kucherov for Game 1 of the playoffs last year.

I'll be watching how they handle Ekblad very closely this year. Will be ready for a fanbase to eat crow.

Not like I care if they activate him Game 1 of the playoffs or not. It's just I fully expect fans to defend that action when they were so angry about the same action last year.
Why so whiny?

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I would think they should, but who knows? Maybe the doom-and-gloom folks are right about the owners going full cheapskate? Or maybe they haven't been included because NHL GM's are a cliquish bunch and none of Adams' friends (if he has any) have needed any retention yet?
Yeah, I don't see us having 3 guys that are going to be well sought after. Makes it curious as to why they didn't use one here.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Use one on Miller

i don’t see butcher getting moved but he could have retention. He fits in as 7th D in press box.

other possible players getting moved are under $1M in salary/ cap

Reactions: harv33173

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
it’s not worth using a retention just to turn a 6 th to a 5th. Rather use one on higher return.like moving a 3rd to a 2nd.
Yeah, but better to use it than be left with them in our pocket. I mean TOR is gonna need every penny. If it pushes Anderson from a 3rd to a 2nd, that'd be great.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
An argument can be made that Hagg is the worst defensemen in the NHL.

Not the kind of depth a contender should be adding.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah, but better to use it than be left with them in our pocket. I mean TOR is gonna need every penny. If it pushes Anderson from a 3rd to a 2nd, that'd be great.

im not helping Toronto. Ihope Anderson knows better than want to play there.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
im not helping Toronto. Ihope Anderson knows better than want to play there.
They ain't winning the cup, and THEIR 2nd rounder helps us. Giving them CA is pretty much just trolling their fans

Fairy Price

Apr 5, 2009
Fort Lauderdale
I remember when Florida was salty about Tampa activating Kucherov for Game 1 of the playoffs last year.

I'll be watching how they handle Ekblad very closely this year. Will be ready for a fanbase to eat crow.

Not like I care if they activate him Game 1 of the playoffs or not. It's just I fully expect fans to defend that action when they were so angry about the same action last year.
Except Kucherov was held out until the playoffs to circumvent the cap. Ekblad was seriously injured last game. Differnt scenario

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Ekblad just got hurt in season. Kuch was skating at full strength with the team for a month before the playoffs began.

If we actually use Ekblads LTIR status to ice a playoff team with over a 90 million dollar price tag, then and only then would it be somewhat in the same realm. But hey, you do you.

Reactions: harv33173

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He's not that bad.

I watched him play over 200 games for the Flyers. He really is that bad. The numbers support it too. He has the undisputed worst gap control in the NHL, is a zero offensively, and too heavy-footed to defend the cycle well. He gets to his man after the puck is gone every single time. He's tough and will put his body on the line, but otherwise he's a truly awful defensemen.

-11.3 CF% Relative for his CAREER. The rest of his metrics are as bad or worse.

Reactions: mja

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Ekblad just got hurt in season. Kuch was skating at full strength with the team for a month before the playoffs began.

If we actually use Ekblads LTIR status to ice a playoff team with over a 90 million dollar price tag, then and only then would it be somewhat in the same realm. But hey, you do you.

Ah yes, practicing to get into game shape before returning is now against the rules. Weird how the NHL's investigation missed that and didn't punish the Bolts. I'm sure you're right.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ah yes, practicing to get into game shape before returning is now against the rules. Weird how the NHL's investigation missed that and didn't punish the Bolts. I'm sure you're right.
So the rehabbing his injury all summer while the Bolts looked for trades for your RFAs or older guys, and once no one in the league would help you guys out, then announcing the surgery and ensuing season long rehab on the eve of the season, thus allowing the Bolts to miraculously sign the guys you all wanted to keep after all, that never happened either. You skipped a year long cap hell, by gaming the system.

By the letter of the current CBA no rules were broken, but it was all very conveniently done by your front office. Spirit of circumvention, no doubt, but not punishable, so it is what it is.

Be salty if you want, dislike us if you must, but do not think anyone or any other franchise is feeling bad that the Bolts are feeling the Atlantic heat this season.

Please stop.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Good analysis Dr Internet.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Good analysis Dr Internet.
I also do house calls, and follow the TB media who had been reporting on it for months. Every fan on the TB boards knows/knew that Kucherov would be ready to go in time for the series, because he had been ready. They also did some IR movements at the TDL to facilitate their additions to that team, but it was Kucherov that was the main play before the season even began that allowed them to resign Cirelli, and not have to trade a piece before the season to become cap compliant.

Its humorous when I see posters pushing back on this subject.

Having Ekblad get hurt and trying to rehab him back before the playoffs begin and being placed on IR now at the end of the season is not even in the same galaxy as to what was done last season by the Bolts, lol.

It surprised me they one of their fans would even bring that topic up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2