Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Robert Hagg for 2022 6th round pick

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So in the past two weeks...
IN:
Giroux, Chiarot, Hagg, Lindbohm
OUT:
Ekblad, Vatrano, Juolevi, Carlsson (foregone conclusion)

idk man, that's a lot of turnover (looking at the blueline mainly). bit nervous tbh
From the guys who are leaving all 3 weren't good enough to make the lineup regularly. And Ekblad simply got injured, not like the Panthers got a say in it.

Reactions: Laus723

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This reminds me of when Zito's Jackets traded a 5th for a washed up McQuaid, when they supposedly went all-in.

Except Mcquaid was legit super tough and a decent defender. I have no idea how Hagg has kept an NHL job.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Hope they get some gems in the late rounds. If they don't get any playoff success from these trades, it's gonna be hard to replicate when verhaghee, Huber and duclair are due for their raises. I hope it works out, I like this cats team. Honestly don't want to face them in the first round.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Hope they get some gems in the late rounds. If they don't get any playoff success from these trades, it's gonna be hard to replicate when verhaghee, Huber and duclair are due for their raises. I hope it works out, I like this cats team. Honestly don't want to face them in the first round.

Duclair and Verhaeghe are signed for a bit. Huby, Weegar and Knight are the concerns for 23-24

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't hate this. That's actual fair value, or even better for a depth "oh no 3 guys are injured!!" kind of D during the playoffs.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This reminds me of when Zito's Jackets traded a 5th for a washed up McQuaid, when they supposedly went all-in.

Except Mcquaid was legit super tough and a decent defender. I have no idea how Hagg has kept an NHL job.
McQuaid was tough. He was a decent defender at his best, but by the end of the time with the B's he was less than decent. Certainly no better than Hagg. But sure he had a funny mullet and fought so he was a folk hero for some in New England.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Knight is a concern? He hasn't done anything yet.
I think the concern is that he'll be a 3-4 million dollar goalie or offer-sheet candidate. With Bob signed to that contract long-term, each dollar spent on goalie is precious.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Dear Florida, thank you in advance for making sure Hextall doesn't bring this ex-Flyer scrub to Pittsburgh. If we simply must trade for ex-Flyers (or perhaps ex-L.A. Kings) and ignore all other available players, could we please get Tim Kerr or Behn Wilson instead? They'd be more useful, even at their current ages, and fill a much-needed role in the process.
Hextall is going into the playoffs with the softest D in the NHL. Without addressing this expect the same result.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hagg wasn't as bad as Flyer fans memory of him was. Perhaps because he wasn't getting nearly the sort of key situation time in Buffalo, but he was alright as a 3rd pairing guy who was a PK regular. Just don't ever, ever, ever put him on the right side. That? That was the sort of stuff Flyer fans talk about when they talk about Hagg being terrible.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
A late 6th rd pick ? Why not just give him for free.

surely you could’ve negotiated to a 4th, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad