Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Robert Hagg for 2022 6th round pick

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Ekblad is injured for regular season and we need home court advantage. I'm guessing price will be somehting like Heponiemi+3rd.
That'd be a terrible move. Hippo will be a good, cap-neglible bottom 6er next year. Hagg should be our 9D if we're healthy.

But I don't see how we are getting Hagg without giving up Carlsson...unless we're immediately gonna flip Carlsson for a 5th Rounder or something.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Your team is probably the favorite to win the cup now I don't know how you can complain about that
Because if we don't win the cup this year (or even if we do), we're being set up to have no depth for a run next year. It isn't even the picks I'm complaining about. It's the hemorrhaging of <$1m players who we know can play.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Florida add Hagg and put Ekblad on LTIR they'd have $6.2m capspace to work with.

1647794931746.png

Reactions: hn777

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Dear Florida, thank you in advance for making sure Hextall doesn't bring this ex-Flyer scrub to Pittsburgh. If we simply must trade for ex-Flyers (or perhaps ex-L.A. Kings) and ignore all other available players, could we please get Tim Kerr or Behn Wilson instead? They'd be more useful, even at their current ages, and fill a much-needed role in the process.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s a good get. I’ve always liked him even though he was a scapegoat for Flyers fans. Has done pretty ok this season with Buffalo. Great hitter
He was a scapegoat for good reason, but I trust that he was better upon leaving because everyone else does too. I would take him back tomorrow if it undoes the last 8 months.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

If it's Hagg for a pick, then we aren't done. Carlsson is going somewhere (probably as part of the mission to recoup picks).

Even with Ekblad on LTIR, we'd still have 8 waiver eligible d-men, and three LHD fighting for the 6D role.

Forsling - Weegar
Chiarot - Gudas
xxxx - Montour

xxxx = Hagg, Lindbohm, Carlsson

Lindbohm is a UFA and we just signed him, so he has no trade value. Maybe we'll waive him, but it's more likely that we'd flip Carlsson (RFA who has done well as our 6D) for a mid-round pick.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Dear Florida, thank you in advance for making sure Hextall doesn't bring this ex-Flyer scrub to Pittsburgh. If we simply must trade for ex-Flyers (or perhaps ex-L.A. Kings) and ignore all other available players, could we please get Tim Kerr or Behn Wilson instead? They'd be more useful, even at their current ages, and fill a much-needed role in the process.
Thank god! No more Hagg to Pittsburgh. Dodged a bullet here.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
So in the past two weeks...
IN:
Giroux, Chiarot, Hagg, Lindbohm
OUT:
Ekblad, Vatrano, Juolevi, Carlsson (foregone conclusion)

idk man, that's a lot of turnover (looking at the blueline mainly). bit nervous tbh

Reactions: uncleben

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
So in the past two weeks...
IN:
Giroux, Chiarot, Hagg, Lindbohm
OUT:
Ekblad, Vatrano, Juolevi, Carlsson (foregone conclusion)

idk man, that's a lot of turnover (looking at the blueline mainly). bit nervous tbh

Ekblad - Likely back for 1st round
Vatrano - Didn't even play full time and replaced by a superior player
Juolevi - Come on
Carlsson - Probably still kept for depth and was essentially 6/7 D.

That's not that much turnover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad