OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
A couple of interesting callouts in regards to The Game Changers in the last 24 hours.

Firstly, Brian Shaw (politely) issued a challange to Patrik Baboumian in regards to a liftoff of any lift during a recent Q&A on his youtube channel. Well Baboumian accepted, and he and Shaw will squareoff in a max raw squat sometime in the spring.

Secondly, Joe Rogans massage therapist and crystalologist Chriss Kresser was scheduled to go on the JRE next week to "debunk" The Game Changers. Well the narrator of Game Changers James Wilks has challanged Joe Rogan to make it a debate. We will see if Joe lets Wilks on, though Joe likely just wants a forum for Kresser to spread his misinformation.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Reviving this thread because I need to humble brag again

So basically my gyms dumbbells stop at 125 and now I can incline press 125 for 8s...

Ill move to pressing them overhead for 8 and then Ill need to find a new gym.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So today I went in for a DEXA scan. Suffice it to say, body fat calipers are extremely inaccurate. I am quite happy with my progress, but the body fat calipers underestimate body fat by a good 3 or so %. Officially I am 19.6% body fat, at 89.1 kg. At the start of my diet the calipers indicated 22% body fat at 94.1 kg. In reality, that must have been more like 24-5% just for the math to work out with how much weight I lost. 4 weeks ago the calipers read 17.7%.

My next plan is to try and find ''maintenance,'' and change my lifting program to a 4 day upper-lower split. Owing to the fact that I am still evidently a bit of a chunky monkey I will be in ''body recomp'' mode, as opposed to a proper ''bulk.'' I'll stay in this mode until the first week of May at which point it will be time to shred down for summer.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Took my Bianchi our for the last ride of the season. Love that bike!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
New project I'm working on in the Kingdom is..simply put...sick.
Huge gym space, two pools, spa with top of the line treatments, exclusive equipments, running track, VIP areas with gyms, conference room, multiple lounges, top class restaurant, highly qualified staffs...

Man..what an undertaking. Can't wait for it to be complete by Q1 2020.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Reviving this thread because I need to humble brag again

So basically my gyms dumbbells stop at 125 and now I can incline press 125 for 8s...

Ill move to pressing them overhead for 8 and then Ill need to find a new gym.
Jesus dude, that's impressive!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Honestly I think my incline presses are the most impressive.
DB Rows gotta be mine..rowing 110 for 7...unfortunately that was only once as the gyms I went to stopped at 99lbs.
I'm now in more properly equipped gym so I'm sure I'll climb that up, and I'm talking pretty strict reps.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Took my Bianchi our for the last ride of the season. Love that bike!
took my goldrace out last time before it started snowing 2 weeks ago, weather is better now but ride needed fixing so next outdoor ride will be next spring after finetuning and a new paint job.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Must be like one of those Baboumian records..

That'd be pretty cool maybe Id get to meet Brian Shaw and be a complete fan boy about it

One time, @Mrb1p threw a football a quarter mile.

9gDV.gif

Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad