OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I completely disagree. It's a radical time for a radical change. **** christmas turkey and terry's chocolate oranges, it's time to get ****IN SHREDDED!!

aSCVcHo.gif
for most people, just being healthy is fine.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
After gyming, what's the type of shower I've to do... Hot? Cold?
Cold baths reduces muscle inflammation, which helps recovery but unless you're a serious athlete or trainer, you don't need to do that.
If you want to lower your body temperature so you're not continuing to sweat after training+showering, then a lukewarm-cold shower also helps that.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Thinking about cycling something here. I don't know what yet and I'm a little nervous about the whole idea, but I'm about to say f*** all that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Thinking about cycling something here. I don't know what yet and I'm a little nervous about the whole idea, but I'm about to say **** all that.
Go for it. Do it right though, test your levels before. Get pharma grade from a reliable source.
If you're over mid-thirties, I'd say go see a doctor about TRT.
I'm 36 now, waiting a couple of years before I probably get on TRT.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Cold baths reduces muscle inflammation, which helps recovery but unless you're a serious athlete or trainer, you don't need to do that.
If you want to lower your body temperature so you're not continuing to sweat after training+showering, then a lukewarm-cold shower also helps that.

Study shows it does not help recovery

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Go for it. Do it right though, test your levels before. Get pharma grade from a reliable source.
If you're over mid-thirties, I'd say go see a doctor about TRT.
I'm 36 now, waiting a couple of years before I probably get on TRT.
I'm 40, been considering it for awhile now. Just so much information out there. I know I can get easily enough through my local gym, but I don't necessarily trust that they know what they are doing, but if I do decide to move forward I will be getting a few tests done before/during/after, but I'm definitely leaning towards it.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm 40, been considering it for awhile now. Just so much information out there. I know I can get easily enough through my local gym, but I don't necessarily trust that they know what they are doing, but if I do decide to move forward I will be getting a few tests done before/during/after, but I'm definitely leaning towards it.
If youre forty you can probably get some actual human grade TRT at your family dr.

Alternatively, Ostarine may be a good dip into this world.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If youre forty you can probably get some actual human grade TRT at your family dr.

Alternatively, Ostarine may be a good dip into this world.
I've definitely considered Ostarine as my first choice. I think TRT might be the way to go though. I've done tons of reading and just find it a bit confusing how to get started.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No offense, but why would someone even bother taking steroids if his career doesn't revolve around being huge/strong?

Seems like a lot of risk taking for the sake of... looking more swole?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Oh you're 40? f*** yeah buddy, blast away! I'm going to hop on the bicycle when I'm 35. That's where this whole thing is going anyways, let's just enjoy a few years where I don't have to be on TRT constantly and can recover my normal levels of testosterone.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No offense, but why would someone even bother taking steroids if his career doesn't revolve around being huge/strong?

Seems like a lot of risk taking for the sake of... looking more swole?

''No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.'' -Bob Ross

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've definitely considered Ostarine as my first choice. I think TRT might be the way to go though. I've done tons of reading and just find it a bit confusing how to get started.

Just ask your doctor about TRT and theyll take it from there.

Otherwise its not as complicated as it looks, you just have to start slow, take the right thing, buy the right thing and have an appropriate PCT.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I knew it that it's not a myth. Sounds good.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
My understanding is is that cold baths are good for metabolism and inflammation, but warm baths are better for the immune system. They might also be better for the cardiovascular system.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Taking steroids won’t turn you into a pro either.

When I was in undergrad a varsity DL tested positive for steroids. He didn't even dress for the games, was buried on the depth chart, but managed to get headlines etc. that caused problems for everyone.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Taking steroids won’t turn you into a pro either.

Some people wants shortcuts instead of making this a way of life. Building muscles takes a lot of time.

I mean, about risks if you think about it, is that different than skydiving or any other crazy activities some people do for fun?

Not for me though. I was buidling the natural way but it was a choice. I don't mind others doing differently except when they advocate exercises and programs that would probably not work as well if they were not on this stuff.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, but they'll allow you to achieve something that would be otherwise impossible.

...are you seriously not even curious what you would look or feel like on, say, 400mg test?
Im hella f***ing curious yeah.

I see AT LEAST a 700 pounds deadlift, a 450 bench and a 650 squats in the works if I ever pin it. That would be glorious.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
This is why I will never mess with steroids. Just seems like a never ending game of well you took this, now you have to take that. It's just unnecessary.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This is why I will never mess with steroids. Just seems like a never ending game of well you took this, now you have to take that. It's just unnecessary.

Our lives are already completely unnatural.

Homo sapiens are supposed to have a life expectancy of ~40.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad