OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Would you guys take test by itself or with arimidex, clomid, hcg, etc.

There are basically two things keeping me from doing test:

1.) a source of pharma grade test
2.) a source of pharma grade PCT and arimidex

If you put those things in front of me I'd be riding the bike as we speak lol.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
There are basically two things keeping me from doing test:

1.) a source of pharma grade test
2.) a source of pharma grade PCT and arimidex

If you put those things in front of me I'd be riding the bike as we speak lol.

Really? Is it that hard to get a hold of?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
No offense, but why would someone even bother taking steroids if his career doesn't revolve around being huge/strong?

Seems like a lot of risk taking for the sake of... looking more swole?
I'm closing in on 50. At my gym, there are tons of older guys in their 50s, 60s, 70s. A handful of them look in unbelievably good shape. I asked everyone their secret. At first they give the usual BS, but once they get to know you they tell the truth: and everyone of them is taking something. And a few of them are MDs. After that, I was sold.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm closing in on 50. At my gym, there are tons of older guys in their 50s, 60s, 70s. A handful of them look in unbelievably good shape. I asked everyone their secret. At first they give the usual BS, but once they get to know you they tell the truth: and everyone of them is taking something. And a few of them are MDs. After that, I was sold.

Is it a whole food plant based diet?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No, but they'll allow you to achieve something that would be otherwise impossible.

...are you seriously not even curious what you would look or feel like on, say, 400mg test?

I honestly don’t care.

To each his own, but to me getting into steroids at 40 years old when you’re not even a pro bodybuilder/weightlifter is like the equivalent of buying a convertible Mustang GT.

Reactions: DAChampion

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I honestly don’t care.

To each his own, but to me getting into steroids at 40 years old when you’re not even a pro bodybuilder/weightlifter is like the equivalent of buying a convertible Mustang GT.
Calls dealer to cancel convertible Mustang GT purchase...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I have never done any of these exercise in my life and Im wider than this dude

Check mate

I did the lat pulldown one today and it was pretty good. It's a huge stretch and a good contraction. The pullover looks awesome as well. It mimics that pullover machine that Yates uses.

You wider than Yates, homie?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I did the lat pulldown one today and it was pretty good. It's a huge stretch and a good contraction. The pullover looks awesome as well. It mimics that pullover machine that Yates uses.

You wider than Yates, homie?

Why do you follow so many cringry fitness channel :laugh:

The pull over ain't new, but its also a very niche exercise. Yates built his back with heavy ass rows and pumping HGH and Synthol in them lats, none of that wtv it is this dude thought he discovered BS.

Sounds like bro-science more than anything

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Why do you follow so many cringry fitness channel :laugh:

I found that video by googling ''dorian yates back workout.'' Is there someone else I should be listening to when it comes to back workouts?

The pull over ain't new, but its also a very niche exercise. Yates built his back with heavy ass rows and pumping HGH and Synthol in them lats, none of that wtv it is this dude thought he discovered BS.

Sounds like bro-science more than anything

Pullovers were always a big part of Yates' programs, and he never did synthol. But moreover, both Yates and Ryan are giving the exact same advice in their videos, just different exercise variations. A ''yates row'' is like the bottom portion of that pullover machine.

Lats are tricky. They're involved in so many different functions with so many assisting muscles it's easy to not hit them at all. If your lats respond to anything then good for you, but the rest of us have to think about this stuff.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I found that video by googling ''dorian yates back workout.'' Is there someone else I should be listening to when it comes to back workouts?

Pullovers were always a big part of Yates' programs, and he never did synthol. But moreover, both Yates and Ryan are giving the exact same advice in their videos, just different exercise variations. A ''yates row'' is like the bottom portion of that pullover machine.

Lats are tricky. They're involved in so many different functions with so many assisting muscles it's easy to not hit them at all. If your lats respond to anything then good for you, but the rest of us have to think about this stuff.

All my muscles react to training easily, because I have a great mind muscle connection. Arnie was onto something when he said he could do a single set and it would be more valuable than anyone else who'd do twenty.

Anyway, yeah you touched on something else here, all those movements are already pretty much included in the general lat movements. mimic a pullover and then mimic a pullup, your lats are working in the same way.

All these exercise are basically mimicking a pull up, turn your screen so that his head faces upwards and youll basically see him doing a pullup.

His first exercise is basically a pull-up but seated and he then goes a bit further for no particular reason (Try to engage your lats in that range, won't happen, basically theyre only stabilizing at this point, kinda like a bench position.), his second move is essentially the upper part of a pull-up, where youre trying to get your chest through your arms to the bar and his third move is a pullover... thats basically the first part of a pull-up, unless youre a lazy bum and you don't stretch all the way.

Anyway Im just bitching cause you can use these and theyll work anyway, I just found it pretty dumb how he thought he came up with something new.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
All my muscles react to training easily, because I have a great mind muscle connection. Arnie was onto something when he said he could do a single set and it would be more valuable than anyone else who'd do twenty.

Anyway, yeah you touched on something else here, all those movements are already pretty much included in the general lat movements. mimic a pullover and then mimic a pullup, your lats are working in the same way.

All these exercise are basically mimicking a pull up, turn your screen so that his head faces upwards and youll basically see him doing a pullup.

His first exercise is basically a pull-up but seated and he then goes a bit further for no particular reason (Try to engage your lats in that range, won't happen, basically theyre only stabilizing at this point, kinda like a bench position.), his second move is essentially the upper part of a pull-up, where youre trying to get your chest through your arms to the bar and his third move is a pullover... thats basically the first part of a pull-up, unless youre a lazy bum and you don't stretch all the way.

Anyway Im just *****ing cause you can use these and theyll work anyway, I just found it pretty dumb how he thought he came up with something new.

Nah. Your lats grow from pullups likely because of their insertions and origins and your overall biomechanics. Some people are lucky. I feel pullups almost entirely in my biceps and teres, virtually nothing in my lats.

Look around your gym: you will likely see very, very few inspiring sets of lats. I think it's because of a variety of factors: first, chest is almost always prioritized ahead of back, and second, the lat function is far more complicated than, say, the pecs. To fully shorten a lat, you have to retract your scapula, laterally flex your spine and extend your shoulder. To fully shorten your pec, you have to move your elbow across your body.

I don't think it's heresy to suggest that most traditional exercises don't fully engage the lat for most people, and they certainly don't take it through a full stretch and contraction.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nah. Your lats grow from pullups likely because of their insertions and origins and your overall biomechanics. Some people are lucky. I feel pullups almost entirely in my biceps and teres, virtually nothing in my lats.

Look around your gym: you will likely see very, very few inspiring sets of lats. I think it's because of a variety of factors: first, chest is almost always prioritized ahead of back, and second, the lat function is far more complicated than, say, the pecs. To fully shorten a lat, you have to retract your scapula, laterally flex your spine and extend your shoulder. To fully shorten your pec, you have to move your elbow across your body.

I don't think it's heresy to suggest that most traditional exercises don't fully engage the lat for most people, and they certainly don't take it through a full stretch and contraction.

Yes, obviously its really hard to focus on the lat, and thats what Im saying, How much of you feeling it in your bicep is related to your insertion versus your poor mind muscle connection ? I mean your muscle is connected in the same way mine is connected, it has the same function, its attached to the same part of our bodies. There's not a muscle in my body that I have trouble focusing on, not my calves, not my triceps, not my lats, nothing. Doesn't mean they all grow from it, but thats another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad