Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Why? What's wrong with EVOO?
Genuinely curious.

IDK, it just sounds extra stupid. Why can't you just write olive oil ? EVOO... Its similar to slappin' monster stickers on your car but in the food industry.

That dude probably uses tweezers to plate burgers too.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
IDK, it just sounds extra stupid. Why can't you just write olive oil ? EVOO... Its similar to slappin' monster stickers on your car but in the food industry.

That dude probably uses tweezers to plate burgers too.
LOL.

I have yet to find real EVOO here but taste wise, it makes a world of difference. Back home we had a couple of olive trees at the house, we'd collect the olives and take them to a "presser", a place with an old school manual pressing machine that gives you the best tasting olive oil you've ever tried.

If it's not this color, it's not EV and real EVOO is expensive. That's why most shitty companies sell Olive oil in green tinted bottles.
upload_2019-12-8_18-4-52.png

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
LOL.

I have yet to find real EVOO here but taste wise, it makes a world of difference. Back home we had a couple of olive trees at the house, we'd collect the olives and take them to a "presser", a place with an old school manual pressing machine that gives you the best tasting olive oil you've ever tried.

If it's not this color, it's not EV and real EVOO is expensive. That's why most ****ty companies sell Olive oil in green tinted bottles.
View attachment 288535

It is still, olive oil.

Im also unsure you have actually went out of your way to get good olive oil, I mean, its 2020, there's very little thing you can't get worldwide with money.

And no, "this" color doesn't mean better, it probably just means it was picked later in the season, greener would be earlier. The glass is dark because Olive Oil is sensible to light, it can go bad in a clear bottle...

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It is still, olive oil.

Im also unsure you have actually went out of your way to get good olive oil, I mean, its 2020, there's very little thing you can't get worldwide with money.

And no, "this" color doesn't mean better, it probably just means it was picked later in the season, greener would be earlier. The glass is dark because Olive Oil is sensible to light, it can go bad in a clear bottle...
It's absolutely not the same. Especially when you're consuming it unheated, the taste is very distinct. You could eat that with nothing but a pita bread, an onion and a sprinkle of salt.

I don't go out of my way to look for certain things that aren't exactly essentials anymore. Having EVOO would be nice but the cost and the time I have to invest in finding it for what I will use it for isn't a priority. I don't want to pay a premium for brands that claim to be EV that usually turn out to be regular olive oil mixed with other oils, or regular olive oil mixed with extra virgin, etc...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Id rather dummies don't call something EVOO

Why stop there ? Maybe a burger could be accompanied by some DFFF (Double fried french fries)...

Starting with a salad of chard, rapini, arugula and peapods....

Reactions: Treb

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Very good
Alpha destiny
Choose one mother****er
What are your issues with it? It suits me well for what I want right now, which is 2 total body strength building days, plus it incorporates dead stop training which I'm a big believer in. Plus it's very fun. And it works.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What are your issues with it? It suits me well for what I want right now, which is 2 total body strength building days, plus it incorporates dead stop training which I'm a big believer in. Plus it's very fun. And it works.
Hey man, if you happy with whatever you're doing, stick with it. I just thought you were on it for a while.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's absolutely not the same. Especially when you're consuming it unheated, the taste is very distinct. You could eat that with nothing but a pita bread, an onion and a sprinkle of salt.

I don't go out of my way to look for certain things that aren't exactly essentials anymore. Having EVOO would be nice but the cost and the time I have to invest in finding it for what I will use it for isn't a priority. I don't want to pay a premium for brands that claim to be EV that usually turn out to be regular olive oil mixed with other oils, or regular olive oil mixed with extra virgin, etc...
Once you get accustomed to 100% olive oil there's no way back. I have yet to find something I could stomach at the supermarket, all those olives oils for sure are mixed and all taste like sh*t.

Reactions: angusyoung

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Need some expertise from some of you guys.

From experience, whats a realistic weekly weight loss threshold not to suffer attention deficits at work, considering a 50-80 hour work week ?

And minimum amount of training to stay fit and keep muscle gains ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Need some expertise from some of you guys.

From experience, whats a realistic weekly weight loss threshold not to suffer attention deficits at work, considering a 50-80 hour work week ?

And minimum amount of training to stay fit and keep muscle gains ?

2 lbs a week or 1,000 calories a day early on if you're doing conventional calorie restriction. However, the longer you go, the more likely that your body will shift to reducing metabolism and catabolizing lean tissue instead of catabolizing fat. You might want to track your heart rate and body temperature along with your weight to see if and when your metabolism slows.

Note that in the first two weeks your weight loss might be considerably greater due to shedding water. That's fine, normal, healthy, but not what you want to measure. Your body just maintains a higher equilibrium water weight as you consume more carbs. That's what it is supposed to do. Given that, your numbers in your first two weeks will be harder to interpret.

Fasting plausibly enables greater weight loss without metabolic slowdown, but may also be harder to pull off, or simply less appealing, for other reasons.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
2 lbs a week or 1,000 calories a day early on if you're doing conventional calorie restriction. However, the longer you go, the more likely that your body will shift to reducing metabolism and catabolizing lean tissue instead of catabolizing fat. You might want to track your heart rate and body temperature along with your weight to see if and when your metabolism slows.

Note that in the first two weeks your weight loss might be considerably greater due to shedding water. That's fine, normal, healthy, but not what you want to measure. Your body just maintains a higher equilibrium water weight as you consume more carbs. That's what it is supposed to do. Given that, your numbers in your first two weeks will be harder to interpret.

Fasting plausibly enables greater weight loss without metabolic slowdown, but may also be harder to pull off, or simply less appealing, for other reasons.
1000cal reduction seems very high mate.
We prescribe a 200~300cal drop and that's only for the average joe with no concern.
1000Cals drop for someone working up to 80h per week on top of being physically active seems way too high.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
1000cal reduction seems very high mate.
We prescribe a 200~300cal drop and that's only for the average joe with no concern.
1000Cals drop for someone working up to 80h per week on top of being physically active seems way too high.

I'm skeptical.

Going 200 calories below maintenance means a loss of 1.6 lbs of fat a month. The dedication required must be incredible. To lose 10 lbs you have to keep at it for FIVE months. It also seems like tremendous micromanagement, as 200 calories is below the margin of error in either calories in or calories out.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I would definitely side with the lower range calorie drop for sustained weight loss. Sure you can lose more weight faster cutting calories significantly, but unless you are desperate (like trying to fit into your tux for your own wedding), it isn't worth it if the goal is sustained weight loss. Dropping weight slowly and surely always works better long term and you feel better as well. Days become weeks become months become years. That's why lifestyle changes are more successful than shorter term strategies.

For myself, the difference between cutting and bulking is eating a sandwich mid day or not. The sandwich being about 600 calories, so it would make sense for the difference between maintenance and cutting to be about half that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm skeptical.

Going 200 calories below maintenance means a loss of 1.6 lbs of fat a month. The dedication required must be incredible. To lose 10 lbs you have to keep at it for FIVE months. It also seems like tremendous micromanagement, as 200 calories is below the margin of error in either calories in or calories out.
Well, theres doing things right or not... obviously removing 1000 calories will yield more results, but 1000 calories is like 50% of a normal diet... thats huge. Also not sure what you mean by margin of error, its food removed, no matter what the number is.

What matters is slowly monitoring progress. Id start with 300idh for two weeks and keep track of weight, bpm, appetite, energy, etc. Then adjust from there.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would definitely side with the lower range calorie drop for sustained weight loss. Sure you can lose more weight faster cutting calories significantly, but unless you are desperate (like trying to fit into your tux for your own wedding), it isn't worth it if the goal is sustained weight loss. Dropping weight slowly and surely always works better long term and you feel better as well. Days become weeks become months become years. That's why lifestyle changes are more successful than shorter term strategies.

For myself, the difference between cutting and bulking is eating a sandwich mid day or not. The sandwich being about 600 calories, so it would make sense for the difference between maintenance and cutting to be about half that.
It really depends on body type and other factors as 300 calories does nothing for a lot of people.

I have to eat @ 3700+ to gain weight and about 3200 to start losing. Anything between that and it doesnt move.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It really depends on body type and other factors as 300 calories does nothing for a lot of people.

I have to eat @ 3700+ to gain weight and about 3200 to start losing. Anything between that and it doesnt move.
you're like 225, right? So that would make sense. Does depend on where you are at and what you are trying to do. I'm a lean 185lbs so I base my 600 calorie sandwich on that. When I bulk I'm not trying to lose my 6 pack, so it's gotta be slow and steady. My point is though that cutting doesn't have to be a huge thing, 300 calories is like half a sandwich.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm skeptical.

I said 200-300 and that is the starting point, generally speaking. If you cut 1000 cals off someone's diet right off the bat, forget, they'll be hungry all the time and be miserable. To top it off, if the person isn't even paying attention to his quality of food, then they'll be tired, lethargic, mental focus will drop, etc. It's just not a good sustainable strategy.

I went with a generic approach with 200-300, cut that, see how the body respond, if not good enough, then drop by another 100-200. Little by little.

Cutting 1000 cals just won't work...unless you're talking about someone who's binging on 4000-5000 cals. But if that's the case, cals don't matter, just eat better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad