OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Might as well indulge if youre going to eat "Keto cheese cake". Cakes cant be healthy no matter what you coin it as.

Better fat low carbs than fat high carbs :laugh:

Portion was also smaller than a lot of the others ones, so that helps too.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I wish you good luck in your endeavor. If you still have time for another perspective......

5. Drink this smoothie, make adjustments as you see fit. Made things EASY during the week as it fills you up with a low calorie count and a lot of nutrition.
Detox Keto Green Smoothie

I've cut out refined sugar and starch and I could do something like that easily.

I'm not big on fruit-fresh berries, the odd apple. Love greens and vegetables.

As long as a smoothie isn't horrific I could chug it down no problem. I don't even care if it is chunky like the recipe says to avoid.

Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Just saying but when youre trying to lose weight drinking your carbs is probably the biggest mistake you could make

I've barely been drinking these days but guzzled a lot of beer a couple of weekends ago. It's amazing how bloated I felt.

A man my age should have a tiny appetite or a fierce metabolism if he is going to drink that golden stuff on the regular.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've barely been drinking these days but guzzled a lot of beer a couple of weekends ago. It's amazing how bloated I felt.

A man my age should have a tiny appetite or a fierce metabolism if he is going to drink that golden stuff on the regular.
After about three years of heavy drinking I basically look at a beer and immediatly bloat for two days and have to hit the toilet for the fountain to open, and not the golden one. Not tolerating booze anymore was the best bad thing that ever happened to me. Now I can drink two beers and feel the same way I felt after chugging two ten liters and singing love songs with a not so good looking drunk milf at the karaoke.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
After about three years of heavy drinking I basically look at a beer and immediatly bloat for two days and have to hit the toilet for the fountain to open, and not the golden one. Not tolerating booze anymore was the best bad thing that ever happened to me. Now I can drink two beers and feel the same way I felt after chugging two ten liters and singing love songs with a not so good looking drunk milf at the karaoke.

I don't drink often and I rarely overindulge, but I can absolutely guzzle beer and consume red wine too quickly as well. I've never found a spirit or cocktail that did it for me. Maybe I should switch to something I don't like.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't drink often and I rarely overindulge, but I can absolutely guzzle beer and consume red wine too quickly as well. I've never found a spirit or cocktail that did it for me. Maybe I should switch to something I don't like.
I used to be a huge fan of tequila, rum and whiskey/scotch but now just the smell of it makes me throw up. Gin will always be a favorite though, its subtle enough that you can enjoy it even when you're not used to it, unlike the other three.

Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I used to be a huge fan of tequila, rum and whiskey/scotch but now just the smell of it makes me throw up. Gin will always be a favorite though, its subtle enough that you can enjoy it even when you're not used to it, unlike the other three.

My old man was good for at least 1,000 strong G&Ts a year so the smell alone lost it's subtlety years ago.

I don't mind the odd Bloody Mary but it can't be a go to drink for a few reasons.

Reactions: Mrb1p

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

You could try Campari and soda. It's an Italian aperitif that has a bitter bottom tone. Personally I love it, but most people can't appreciate it. If I recall correctly, it's about 25% ABV.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We are going way OT here, but favourite cocktail is the El Diablo. It's basically a moscow mule but with Tequila and added Chambord. Freaking delicious and deadly.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
There's an awesome cocktail restaurant here that doesn't have a menu. You just describe what you feel like drinking, and the guy improvises a cocktail. It's like cocktail jazz.

Unfortunately the normies know about it now so you need a reservation.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Okay the vegetarian diet doesn't agree with me. Jeeeeeeeezuuuus it leads to the worst, worst, worst smelling farts. I have a troubled belly. I can't poop.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Okay the vegetarian diet doesn't agree with me. Jeeeeeeeezuuuus it leads to the worst, worst, worst smelling farts. I have a troubled belly. I can't poop.
If you are going from a lot of meat to a lot of beans it’ll take some time for the bacteria in your gut to adjust. Keep on. And don’t be afraid of tofu.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Old fashioned and espresso martinis are my current go-to for casual drinks.
G&T if I want to have a long night of drinking until the wee hours.

There are a lot of cool customizing bars here where you tell them what flavor/essence you want, ex: smoky herbal essences, and they create a drink on the spot for you, or...green chartreuse base, fruity.
Those places are fun but pricey..usually around 30$ per cocktail.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Do you have any tips on how to make maca not taste like shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad