OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Looking for a weightlifting belt, any brand/model suggestion? Looking for something on the cheaper side, ideally.

I need straps as well!
Whats cheap for you? Inzer, Pioneer, rogue all make great ones.

If you want to go cheap, youll need to go for nylon, Ive never used those but im pretty sure any generic would do the job. I do like the Gorila though and rogue has some models at like 30-40 bucks.

I really think its worth it to pay a few more bucks and get a cool one that will last 10-15 years.

Cheapest: Sheik or whatever nylon @ like 30
Okay option: rogue echo @ like 70
Better option and what I would go for: inzer or pioneer @ like 150.. I have the rogue Ohio and its a bit too soft for me now, but it does its job well for what it is.

Straps is either buy random straps that youll lose anyway (Walmart has some harbinger at like 10 bucks.) or shell out a few more bucks for the cadillac of straps and get figure 8s from cerberus. Rogue also has figure 8s but Im not sure if theyre good.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Whats cheap for you? Inzer, Pioneer, rogue all make great ones.

If you want to go cheap, youll need to go for nylon, Ive never used those but im pretty sure any generic would do the job. I do like the Gorila though and rogue has some models at like 30-40 bucks.

I really think its worth it to pay a few more bucks and get a cool one that will last 10-15 years.

Cheapest: Sheik or whatever nylon @ like 30
Okay option: rogue echo @ like 70
Better option and what I would go for: inzer or pioneer @ like 150.. I have the rogue Ohio and its a bit too soft for me now, but it does its job well for what it is.

Straps is either buy random straps that youll lose anyway (Walmart has some harbinger at like 10 bucks.) or shell out a few more bucks for the cadillac of straps and get figure 8s from cerberus. Rogue also has figure 8s but Im not sure if theyre good.

I'm looking on Amazon mostly since I've got a giftcard to spend. There's a couple leather ones ranging from 30 to 60 bucks, mostly from the company RDX. Reviews seem decent.

I'm not pushing a ton of weight anyway, I don't think I'd benefit from shelling 150 bucks on a belt. 70$ sounds about right to me, I'll take a look at the Rogue you mentioned.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You should cut out all dairy products and see how much your whole body functions will improve. It’s basically poison, casein is highly toxic to humans. All the female cow hormones on top of it...

Nah im good thank you. Beans, sprouts, cruciferous and oats on the other hand... now that shit is toxic as hell.

Ill keep eating my full fat yogurt and my cheese until its actually proven that its not for human consumption, even after thousands of years of consumption.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You should cut out all dairy products and see how much your whole body functions will improve. It’s basically poison, casein is highly toxic to humans. All the female cow hormones on top of it...
Yogourts every single day, sometimes twice a day, milk every single day with their breakfasts and sometimes at night too. Cow milk that is obviously. Cheese and Eggs once in a while too...

those residents where I work are kinda old, quite a few over 80 actually.

my guess is this evil poison will be in full effect eventually.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
New year new cheese-less me.

For how long tho. Sitting at 5'11 220, very large and muscular but could drop 10-12lbs just with less carbs... and cheese.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
A little late but thanks for the advice everyone.

I looked into food quality/quantity and how to efficiently integrate a diet with my schedule and went with intermittent fasting following a 16/8 protocol. @DAChampion's going to be happy about it I'm sure. But truly, there's quite a bit of evidence behind it and on an anectodal level, many of my colleagues are doing it with success (MDs). I'm surprised at how well it fits a busy schedule. First impressions are that its easier to eat well, its easier to feel hunger signals and general being is up from not being in a post-prandial state all the time.

I'm going to be adding weightlifting back, but its a bit depressing to think I went from competitive powerlifting a few years ago to... I dont even want to think of what my numbers will be.

Reactions: DAChampion

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
My tricep is fine, not sure wtf happened but whatever it was it’s passed. Also my tricep grew and changed shape lol. My buddy at the gym thinks one of the heads might have just shifted. Weird but thankfully over.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm so out of shape lol. The combination of injuries and frequent travel have taken a toll out of me.

I got excited for the new year. I designed my own weight training logbook (most of the ones online have too many bells and whistles and f***ing logos), and went lifting yesterday. I had not done that seriously in a while and I forgot how good it felt. I just felt more alive.

For the next while, i hope to do pilates twice a week, acupuncture once a week, weightlifting + sauna once every five days or so, while sticking to an 8-hour eating window.

Reactions: Andrei79

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Did my first weight training session in forever on Friday and I'm still a little sore, which is great. I'll probably go back on Thursday.

I went to Pilates yesterday, and it was incredibly difficult, which was possibly affected a little by the soreness. I've been doing yoga haphazardly for a long time, for the next while I will just focus on pilates twice a week and see where that takes me. Pilates is an off-shot of yoga that is much more focused on the abs, lower back, thighs, butt, et cetera. A class typically involves well over a hundred crunches, spread over several different varieties of crunches.

I ordered some "whey impact isolate" or whatever from MyProtein yesterday. I think I'll have one shake everyday after lunch.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have been sick as a dog since the last day of 2019 and now Im feeling better. Im going to start again this morning...

At this point Ive had to stop my program twice in the past month so Im not sure if its really worth doing it ... Im in week 12 and my last three weeks have been absolute crap (One of those I didnt lift at all, last week.) and now Im falling into high percentages for the next two months.... This sucks I dont know what to do. I was well on my way to finally hitting that six o o deadlift but it looks like I just can't... Unsure if I just soldier on and risk not hitting the goals Ive set for myself (6oo x1, 495 x3 and 375 x3) or if I roll back and lose time AND risk not hitting the goals Ive set for myself..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm so out of shape lol. The combination of injuries and frequent travel have taken a toll out of me.

I got excited for the new year. I designed my own weight training logbook (most of the ones online have too many bells and whistles and ****ing logos), and went lifting yesterday. I had not done that seriously in a while and I forgot how good it felt. I just felt more alive.

For the next while, i hope to do pilates twice a week, acupuncture once a week, weightlifting + sauna once every five days or so, while sticking to an 8-hour eating window.
You might be putting too much on your plate to start. Just get active 3x per week. Get that locked in consistently, then add more.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I have heard of folks getting constantly sick doing certain programs just due to how rough the program is on their central nervous system. What does the program look like? I usually only go all out for 2/3 lifts per session- as in the last rep of the last set is where I really push it to the limit for about 2 or 3 exercises only. so basically only about 3 reps am I really killing myself (and those are the gainz reps where I'm hitting PRs). And all the accessory stuff I'm just going after the pump and not killing my CNS.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I have heard of folks getting constantly sick doing certain programs just due to how rough the program is on their central nervous system. What does the program look like? I usually only go all out for 2/3 lifts per session- as in the last rep of the last set is where I really push it to the limit for about 2 or 3 exercises only. so basically only about 3 reps am I really killing myself (and those are the gainz reps where I'm hitting PRs). And all the accessory stuff I'm just going after the pump and not killing my CNS.

People get sick all of the time, for any number of reasons.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think 99% of people dont have CNS fatigue. It's just something they repeat. Chances are it's their muscles that's tired and simply havent recovered because of poor programming.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I had marinated some steak last night to cook tonight, but it turns out that I have other plants tonight.

Is it ok to place the glass bowl with the steak and marinade in the freezer, and take it out in a few days?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I had marinated some steak last night to cook tonight, but it turns out that I have other plants tonight.

Is it ok to place the glass bowl with the steak and marinade in the freezer, and take it out in a few days?

The freezer will pretty much destroy your steak, especially since it was most likely already frozen once, depending on where it comes from. I would put it in the fridge for a day and cook it tomorrow or in two days if its not too old. Ive also seen some glass bowl break in freezers and I dont know why, so be careful there.

If you choose to freeze it, seal it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I wouldn't do that. Quality will deteriorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad