OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The freezer will pretty much destroy your steak, especially since it was most likely already frozen once, depending on where it comes from. I would put it in the fridge for a day and cook it tomorrow or in two days if its not too old. Ive also seen some glass bowl break in freezers and I dont know why, so be careful there.

If you choose to freeze it, seal it.

I wouldn't do that. Quality will deteriorate.

Thanks guys, I'll de-marinate it and then re-heat it in a few days. I actually can't eat it until Wednesday and I forgot to mark down the date of expiry, so it's better to freeze.

Separate dates tonight and tomorrow night that were not expected.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Thanks guys, I'll de-marinate it and then re-heat it in a few days. I actually can't eat it until Wednesday and I forgot to mark down the date of expiry, so it's better to freeze.

I wouldn't do that either..:biglaugh:
I'd eat it, and order less at restaurant.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Just eat it it takes a few seconds to cook it, you can even throw it in a recipe or something and bring it with you

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The freezer will pretty much destroy your steak, especially since it was most likely already frozen once, depending on where it comes from. I would put it in the fridge for a day and cook it tomorrow or in two days if its not too old. Ive also seen some glass bowl break in freezers and I dont know why, so be careful there.

If you choose to freeze it, seal it.

This is the best of advice.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tomahawk on the BBQ in Dubai...that was sensational.
20191213_161725.jpg
20191213_160551.jpg

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im in a total funk guys. I went to the gym five times in the past four weeks.

I really need to find a coach or something. I need some direction to get over 600. I feel ill give up soon if I dont hit it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Im in a total funk guys. I went to the gym five times in the past four weeks.

I really need to find a coach or something. I need some direction to get over 600. I feel ill give up soon if I dont hit it.

Are you in a general funk or just for the gym?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you in a general funk or just for the gym?
Clearly a general funk. Ive failed a class, so I have to wait until next semester to actually start a program... I didnt expect that at all and it kind of messed me up. It was already hard enough to go back to school.

On top of it, Im failling hard in the gym.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Clearly a general funk. Ive failed a class, so I have to wait until next semester to actually start a program... I didnt expect that at all and it kind of messed me up. It was already hard enough to go back to school.

On top of it, Im failling hard in the gym.

I think I'd have a hard time taking classes now, and I was a great student back in the day.

But don't you have a competitive lifting load, classes, a job, and a girlfriend, maybe other things too? That's a lot for any man. Don't feel bad if you can't bail it all at once and perhaps need to just pick focus priorities.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think I'd have a hard time taking classes now, and I was a great student back in the day.

But don't you have a competitive lifting load, classes, a job, and a girlfriend, maybe other things too? That's a lot for any man. Don't feel bad if you can't bail it all at once and perhaps need to just pick focus priorities.

Yeah, things get hard if you strive for excellence in every single thing. We only have 24 hours every day.

This is very good advice.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
In terms of testing ones 1RM, is it possible to test 2 1RMs during the same session? Could I test my Shoulder Press 1RM, and then test my Deadlift 1RM for example?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Run 30+ kms? No problem.
Squat 300+ lbs? No problem.

Get up kind of awkwardly while giving my kid a bath?
Tear my meniscus, can't walk properly, limping around, tear meniscus in my other knee as a result.

edit: To add, seems this is a genetic thing. My mom and my sister both tore their meniscus as well, in both knees. Mom had surgery 3 times, sister had it once and said it isn't worth it cause recovery sucks and it doesn't really help. So, back to rehabbing it I go...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Run 30+ kms? No problem.
Squat 300+ lbs? No problem.

Get up kind of awkwardly while giving my kid a bath?
Tear my meniscus, can't walk properly, limping around, tear meniscus in my other knee as a result.

edit: To add, seems this is a genetic thing. My mom and my sister both tore their meniscus as well, in both knees. Mom had surgery 3 times, sister had it once and said it isn't worth it cause recovery sucks and it doesn't really help. So, back to rehabbing it I go...
If you tore your meniscus just getting up then your 30K runs and 300lbs squats were likely problems.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If you tore your meniscus just getting up then your 30K runs and 300lbs squats were likely problems.

Never really had issues previously. I got up twisted, I was sitting cross-legged on the floor and holding my kid, sort of stumbled a bit and stood up awkwardly. It felt like my knee had to crack, which happens to me sometimes, but never hurts. This time, it popped really loud, and it hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad