OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Need some expertise from some of you guys.

From experience, whats a realistic weekly weight loss threshold not to suffer attention deficits at work, considering a 50-80 hour work week ?

And minimum amount of training to stay fit and keep muscle gains ?
Solid opinions above^. The only thing you didn't mention is how much weight you intend to lose. Presumably, the smaller the goal, the smaller the caloric reduction you could get away with in a reasonable timeline.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Need some expertise from some of you guys.

From experience, whats a realistic weekly weight loss threshold not to suffer attention deficits at work, considering a 50-80 hour work week ?

And minimum amount of training to stay fit and keep muscle gains ?
If you want you have excess fat that you're not shedding while working upwards of 80 hours/week, and training, then I suspect your food quality is more of the issue rather than quantity.

If you are eating healthy however, start with a 300 cal drop. I'm not sure about your muscle gains, maintenance is more likely to happen.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I took a fermentation class, which involved preparing fermented products and eating those prepared by the previous class, and taking some home. I've been eating a bit everyday, a bit of sauerkraut, kimchi, and some pickles, with la combination of crackers, cheese, and hummus.

To my surprise, my appetite has gone down substantially. I'm now far less hungry and thus eating less. It could be a fluke, I'll wait a couple weeks to be sure, but if so and if this is the reason then that's really cool.

I've also started a kombucha cycle. The first batch was ok but I should have left it to ferment for longer, it was still too sweet.

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_154647.jpg
    IMG_20191214_154647.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: aresknights

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Been altering my PPL split to focus a bit more on my arms. However, I think this is causing a strange issue. Whenever I wake up from a sleep on my side, my hand from that side is numb as if my nerves were being pinched. Goes away but can't help but feel like it's due to my triceps growing as weird as it sounds.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Been altering my PPL split to focus a bit more on my arms. However, I think this is causing a strange issue. Whenever I wake up from a sleep on my side, my hand from that side is numb as if my nerves were being pinched. Goes away but can't help but feel like it's due to my triceps growing as weird as it sounds.
Hah, did you gain weight?

Because that sounds like what Im going through :laugh: Different parts of my body will go numb in different position.

The worst ? When I sleep with my arms above my head, I get choked out. Fatboi problems.

Reactions: Wats and DAChampion

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Funny to see Brian Shaw back peddling from his challenge of Patrik Baboumian. To recap, Brian said in a youtube Q&A that he challenges Baboumian in "literally any lift", and Patrik responded saying he would challenge him in a Max Squat liftoff. In Shaw's latest Q&A he tried to move the goalposts to "any lift Patrick has a world record in", and then claims Patrik has an advantage in squating since he's shorter (not mentioning that he outweighs Patrik by over 150 pounds). All in all though, seems he might go through with it albeit reluctantly. Patrik recently posted a video of his first squating session since the callout (Patricks been retired the last couple of years focusing on PR work for The Game Changers) and ripped off a 320KG max squat. Interested to see this unfold. Obviously Patrik would be a heavy underdog, but definitely puts Patriks strength on a world class level.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not exactly your question, but is the alteration you did doing biceps on push days and triceps on pull days? I did this for a while and it definitely helps arm development, but ultimately hurts your strength gains.

Reactions: Wats

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Funny to see Brian Shaw back peddling from his challenge of Patrik Baboumian. To recap, Brian said in a youtube Q&A that he challenges Baboumian in "literally any lift", and Patrik responded saying he would challenge him in a Max Squat liftoff. In Shaw's latest Q&A he tried to move the goalposts to "any lift Patrick has a world record in", and then claims Patrik has an advantage in squating since he's shorter (not mentioning that he outweighs Patrik by over 150 pounds). All in all though, seems he might go through with it albeit reluctantly. Patrik recently posted a video of his first squating session since the callout (Patricks been retired the last couple of years focusing on PR work for The Game Changers) and ripped off a 320KG max squat. Interested to see this unfold. Obviously Patrik would be a heavy underdog, but definitely puts Patriks strength on a world class level.
Lol Shaw squats 900+ for reps, plz.

The point was to shatter his world recorss though, so that doesnt make much sense anyway.

Also world class squat @320 kg? You realize they rep this out for 15 on stiff bars at wsm ? And wsm is a light show? Lool.

JF Caron and Martins Licis literally front squatted this for 5 reps a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

World class baboumian

BTW Brian finished 3rd in the event that year.

Wanna hear about world class? Watch Eddie Hall and Zydrunas Savickas rep 750x15 and 14 times respectively at WSM 2017 and 2014.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Shaw did 340 kg for 10 reps this summer @ WSM and thats on a fat bar and coming back from a hamstring injury :laugh:
The Baboumian vid was hsi first squat session coming off a caloric deficit and coming off retirement lol. His PR is 375KGs and he said he's expecting to eclipse that for the liftoff. Shaws PR is apparently 380 KGs. He's definitely in the same ballpark.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Baboumian vid was hsi first squat session coming off a caloric deficit and coming off retirement lol. His PR is 375KGs and he said he's expecting to eclipse that for the liftoff. Shaws PR is apparently 380 KGs. He's definitely in the same ballpark.

Hes squatting 350kg 9 times in the video above and you think his best lift is 380???? Insane.

Its actually ludicrous that youd try to say Baboumian is even close to Shaw. Shaw is probably the 3rd strongest man to ever live, and thats probably under selling him hard on Eddie Halls peak.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Hes squatting 350kg 9 times in the video above and you think his best lift is 380???? Insane.

Its actually ludicrous that youd try to say Baboumian is even close to Shaw. Shaw is probably the 3rd strongest man to ever live, and thats probably under selling him hard on Eddie Halls peak.
I'm just going off the information before me lol. Apparently is proper raw max squat is 380KGs. Maybe those bouncy weights helped him lol. And if you watch the Shaw video, he's definitely not taking this challenge lightly since he's being very specific about numerous factors and clearly isn't viewing it as a gimmie.

Also, I definitely am not knocking Shaw or his accomplishments, the guy is absolutely one of the strongest ever, I'm just amused that he made such a bold challenge and now that the challenge was accepted he's back peddling a bit.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not exactly your question, but is the alteration you did doing biceps on push days and triceps on pull days? I did this for a while and it definitely helps arm development, but ultimately hurts your strength gains.

Still do triceps on push, biceps on pull. Just putting more focus/intensity on biceps/triceps than before. Not exactly huge change but progressive overloading kick backs/extensions for triceps and straight bar cable curl/dumbbell hammer curl for biceps. Still doing it at the end as my main focus is still back/chest/shoulders for pull/push.

Hah, did you gain weight?

Because that sounds like what Im going through :laugh: Different parts of my body will go numb in different position.

The worst ? When I sleep with my arms above my head, I get choked out. Fatboi problems.

No joke, been considering getting slings and sleeping with my arms basically tied to my body like a mummy.

Mostly weight loss. Been same weight for a couple months now. I'm not confident enough to go on a bulk yet, want to get away from being weak skinny-fat. In April, will be 1 year since I first started tracking my weight training and doing progressive overload. Might revisit bulking then.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Hey guys, I'd like to buy a cardio machine for my apartment, I want to add something to my morning routine because my cardio is embarrassingly awful.

My only concern is quietness. Which type should I look into ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hey guys, I'd like to buy a cardio machine for my apartment, I want to add something to my morning routine because my cardio is embarrassingly awful.

A bike with a stand that lets you use the bike as a spinner, this way you can go outside and enjoy life and do some cardio when its bad outside.

Reactions: Le Miz

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Take the stairs. Problem solved. Money saved.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Looking for a weightlifting belt, any brand/model suggestion? Looking for something on the cheaper side, ideally.

I need straps as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad