Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What's your favorite cheat meal and at which frequency do you take one?

I like to take one per week and my go-to place is generally A&W or McDonald's

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I guess beer is my cheat meal. I can easily follow a diet if it doesn't make me too miserable physically, beer is my Achilles heel.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I generally follow a very healthy diet monday-friday built around my daily super smoothies and a dinner built around whole grains, beans, and leafy greens, and then eat and drink as I please on the weekends though all of it vegan. If I'm cutting I'll generally skip lunch on the weekends to allow me to go all out at dinner and with drinks.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I added 10 lbs to my squat today. On my last set, my legs were actually shaking a little bit. I'm not quite sure what my limit it but I got scared, so I stopped at 7 repetitions.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I generally follow a very healthy diet monday-friday built around my daily super smoothies and a dinner built around whole grains, beans, and leafy greens, and then eat and drink as I please on the weekends though all of it vegan. If I'm cutting I'll generally skip lunch on the weekends to allow me to go all out at dinner and with drinks.
from fruits and veggies during the week to different veggies and fruits on week end ? you're the definition of wild DGS :laugh:

seriously though, think it's closer to cheating that makes sense anyway, I don't think it makes sense to (for example) go full vegan during the week and then have a double cheese-extrabacon- pepperoni pizza (jumbo no less) on saturdays or something...

I believe if there's a need to cheat, not just once a year obviously but regularly, then your diet is not right for you.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
shocker, bunch of crossfit athletes test positive ... sarcasm ...
I've been saying for a while how PEDs should be legal and controlled.
Banning them contributes to the myth that they're superdrugs. To me, they don't take away from the insane work most of these guys do.
Emily Abbott is a beast. She got there thanks to the insane work and dedication she has put in.
Now, where I'd like them to shut the f*** up is with their excuses.
Stop acting like a victim and own it up.

I'm glad they released some names though, I read a while back how crossfit has full control over who's names get publicly disclosed or not according to their agreement.
To me, the top 10 is for sure using. But as I often say, I think PEDs are omni present and used by the majority of elite athletes.

Crossfit was a terrific and it's responsible for the development of fitness across the world, but they lost their marbles along the way.

Reactions: Mathletic

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
How does your upper body feel overall? @Son Oncle Jerry

Great! I would even dare say better and better. Though i have to say I'm doing LOADS of band work and i completely cut the OHP out if this program. The only chest work I'm doing is bench and a bit of pec deck flies in the 15 reps range after my 10x3.

I also do tons of pulling volume. All in all I'm doing a couple hundreds more pulling reps than pushing reps. I really tried to plan everything for that one.

The real challenge is managing overall recovery and CNS fatigue. I feel my body requires a lot more sleep than usual and I'm hungry like an ogre (even though my weight gain has been really light)

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is it feasible to consistently exceed 100+ grams of protein/day without animal products and without protein bars/shakes?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Great! I would even dare say better and better. Though i have to say I'm doing LOADS of band work and i completely cut the OHP out if this program. The only chest work I'm doing is bench and a bit of pec deck flies in the 15 reps range after my 10x3.

I also do tons of pulling volume. All in all I'm doing a couple hundreds more pulling reps than pushing reps. I really tried to plan everything for that one.

The real challenge is managing overall recovery and CNS fatigue. I feel my body requires a lot more sleep than usual and I'm hungry like an ogre (even though my weight gain has been really light)
Your CNS, I'm sure, is fine. I posted about this before. CNS is the biggest misunderstood and myth in fitness.
CNS normally recovers within minutes.
3 CNS Fatigue Myths

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is it feasible to consistently exceed 100+ grams of protein/day without animal products and without protein bars/shakes?

Depends how much you like the alternatives. If you like Tofu, you can easily do it.
I think Tofu is tasteless, so don't think I'd be able to do it unless I got it from lentils, beans, nuts, which would bring my carbs and fat really high as @Mrb1p suggested.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Had nothing to do today at work, took my arms measurements. Im at 18.3 inches, I havent curled anything in like three years.

Last edited:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Had nothing to do today at work, took my arms measurements. Im at 18.3 inches, I havent curls anything in like three years.

I only do preacher curls on the bicep machine. Literally haven't done bicep curls on free weights since 2017

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
There's protein in so many things. There's 15g of protein in a cup of oats for example. Grains are a very underrated source. Also seeds like chia, hemp etc. that's in addition to the beans, nuts, tofu that krissE mentioned. Also peas are loaded. Britains Strongest Woman Josie Keck eats vegan, has celiac, and is also allergic to nuts and soy. She hammers the shit outta peas and is a monster. She makes Cyborg look like little orphan Annie.

view;_ylt=AwrJ3s8NTlZbGtgA9bKQ7olQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyOTd1OWMxBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANlNjNkODcyNDQxMmM5MmQ0Njc3YTBhM2NkOGZlZjdlNARncG9zAzUEaXQDYmluZw--

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There's protein in so many things. There's 15g of protein in a cup of oats for example. Grains are a very underrated source. Also seeds like chia, hemp etc. that's in addition to the beans, nuts, tofu that krissE mentioned. Also peas are loaded. Britains Strongest Woman Josie Keck eats vegan, has celiac, and is also allergic to nuts and soy. She hammers the **** outta peas and is a monster. She makes Cyborg look like little orphan Annie.

view;_ylt=AwrJ3s8NTlZbGtgA9bKQ7olQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIyOTd1OWMxBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANlNjNkODcyNDQxMmM5MmQ0Njc3YTBhM2NkOGZlZjdlNARncG9zAzUEaXQDYmluZw--
But youre going to need a shit load of it to hit your macros or even your EAA requirements.

And were back to square one, using more land mass than beef or chicken with peas or rice, or lacking EAA's and getting poor liver protein synthesis.

FIRE IN THE HOLE. I just sparked the vegan fire.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
1 cup of oats has 26.4 grams of protein and 607 calories. To get up to 100 grams of protein a day, you'd need to eat 2300 calories a day. Both are reasonable numbers.

I'd say that oats are a protein-neutral good. Adding oats to your diet this neither makes it easier for harder to reach a protein goal within reasonable calorie needs.

But neutral foods are good foods, as you need to eat.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1 cup of oats has 26.4 grams of protein and 607 calories. To get up to 100 grams of protein a day, you'd need to eat 2300 calories a day. Both are reasonable numbers.

I'd say that oats are a protein-neutral good. Adding oats to your diet this neither makes it easier for harder to reach a protein goal within reasonable calorie needs.

But neutral foods are good foods, as you need to eat.
Oats aren't that good EAA wise either :/, you'd need to supplement with threonine, methionine and lysine. It requires A LOT of planning to diet vegan, its not impossible at all, nobody will ever claim that, but its not something Id be willing to do.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad