Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What's the lowest weight someone at a shade under 5'11 should get. I'm at 160 right now, for bodybuilding + strength? I was thinking anything less than 150 is dangerous.

That depends on factors such as your frame, length of your limbs, etc.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What's the lowest weight someone at a shade under 5'11 should get. I'm at 160 right now, for bodybuilding + strength? I was thinking anything less than 150 is dangerous.
Depends. I have a buddy who's 5'10 and a champion bodybuilder (won the east coast to rep at canadian nationals) and he walks around at a shredded 170 and looks like a tank.

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
being a "champion" bodybuilder is all about who you know and who you banged ... The judging is Pejorative Slured. You can literraly place 4th instead of 1st because your athletes hair is not done right and the colour of your nails doesn't match your outfit

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
being a "champion" bodybuilder is all about who you know and who you banged ... The judging is ******ed. You can literraly place 4th instead of 1st because your athletes hair is not done right and the colour of your nails doesn't match your outfit
I don't disagree, but the point is you can look huge at 5'10" 170lbs

Reactions: BeastMode420

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Benched 7 x 5 @ 200lbs smoothly yesterday. Just last June 30th, I struggled with this weight for a 10 x 3.

Saturday is 10 x 3 @ 215 pounds, that's going to be a hard one but I think doing the calculations if you get 7x5 @ 200 pounds, sets of 3 at 215 should be feasible. If somehow I fail, I'll reset to about 200 pounds and work my way back up to 215 in 3 weeks.

My bodyweight is still hovering around 178.5 pounds. So I'll be lifting roughly 1,2 times my bodyweight for sets of 3. Proportions are starting to look decent.

I really think I can get even more power by creating more momentum by speeding up my eccentrics a little. Right now my eccentrics are awfully slow to the chest and I think I can generate more power by just speeding it up a bit.

To think just over 2 years ago I struggled completing sets of 8 at 135. Lots of work accomplished, still tons of work to do though. I really want this two plates bench bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrei79

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Yoel Romero hit 185lbs on his weight day (well, most of the time) he's the same height as me 5'10.

usa_today_9673498.0.jpg

Sean O'Malley is 6' and he hits 135lbs on weight day.

usa_today_10451572.0.jpg

Keep in mind they actually weight 10-15lbs more on fight day. These guys are top athletes in the world,they play with their weight alltthe time and compete on the greatest stage in the world.

I know a guy who weights 215lbs, no apparent muscles, no apparent fat, he's 5'11. You'd see him on the street you'd think he's 180lbs.

Just to say, weight is really differant from an individual to another one. It's not a set thing and there's metabolism/health reasons for that; during a human lifetime his body weight and muscle mass will constantly change for many many reasons. 5'11 145lbs is very lean I still doubt it's dangerous, especially if he has not much muscle mass.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yoel Romero hit 185lbs on his weight day (well, most of the time) he's the same height as me 5'10.

usa_today_9673498.0.jpg

Sean O'Malley is 6' and he hits 135lbs on weight day.

usa_today_10451572.0.jpg

Keep in mind they actually weight 10-15lbs more on fight day. These guys are top athletes in the world,they play with their weight alltthe time and compete on the greatest stage in the world.

I know a guy who weights 215lbs, no apparent muscles, no apparent fat, he's 5'11. You'd see him on the street you'd think he's 180lbs.

Just to say, weight is really differant from an individual to another one. It's not a set thing and there's metabolism/health reasons for that; during a human lifetime his body weight and muscle mass will constantly change for many many reasons. 5'11 145lbs is very lean I still doubt it's dangerous, especially if he has not much muscle mass.
Compare bodies isn't really a good idea.
Yoel Romero is also a freak of nature.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Im 220 at 511 and most people dont even think im more than 200 most of the time. Its sad, all dat dere bulk for nothing.

I feel you :laugh:

at some point, you start taking it personal :P

If you're like me, however, a good part of this weight is in your lower body. So, doesn't show as much as someone who only does upper body stuff.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Height-weight ratios are not comparable for many people. I'm 180 lbs at 5'9" and most people guess 160-165. I'm not huge, or skinny, wear medium sized stuff and 32" pants. I do have huge legs, but you can't really see that unless you're paying attention or I'm wearing shorts.

Since I had surgery in Februrary I have yet to do any real form of exersize and I feel like a total failure. At this point it's been since November that I've done anything at all. I had an excuse before, but I think I've been more or less fully recovered for some time now so there's no reason for me to not be doing any activity. Due to my illness, I was at around 185 lbs in November, slowly started losing weight and was at 180 lbs in January. Then when shit got back I dropped another 20 lbs in 3 weeks. I've since gained most of that back and I'm at 180 today.

Everything I lost was muscle. Everything. It's like I deflated. The weight I've gained back is NOT all the muscle I lost so obviously I'm not too pleased. I really need to get myself in order. I have so much crap going on in my life right now and I'm just tired all the time and I drink too much.

In September I am moving to a huge house and will have a room in the basement that will be just for workout stuff. Pretty excited about that! I don't have a lot of space currently and my wife has kind of put a stop to me buying any more plates because we have nowhere to put them. But in the new place, I'll have tons of space and I feel like it'll be a great motivation to get back into things.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Wouldn't surprise me. I'd say 90% of high level athletes are.
For the record, yes, I pulled 90% out of my ass. It's only meant to be a representation.

I would guess it highly depends on the sports performed. Tennis players I would assume are not taking any stuff that packs on muscle mass. Though I can see stimulants being used at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad