Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Brutal workout tonight. I was hurting good after my weight session, but I decided to throw in some HIIT anyway. It felt brutal while doing it, but I'm glad I did it.

Feel pretty beat right now, imagine I'll sleep good tonight.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Rucking is just walking without a purpose, its dumb and not challenging

Well pretty much every exercise don't have a purpose. I agree that if you just walk it gets boring pretty fast, but if you have obstacle to go through its pretty fun.

But I guess we'll not agree on that one.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well pretty much every exercise don't have a purpose. I agree that if you just walk it gets boring pretty fast, but if you have obstacle to go through its pretty fun.

But I guess we'll not agree on that one.
I dont see the point of it, if I want to hike, I'll hike. If I want to train for X I'll do it. It would be the equivalent of jogging with a parachute behind me? Like what.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I dont see the point of it, if I want to hike, I'll hike. If I want to train for X I'll do it. It would be the equivalent of jogging with a parachute behind me? Like what.
Not really. The resistance from a parachute comes at from a horizontal point, rucking is a vertical resistance. So very differenct actually, But I get your point ;)

Technically speaking though, most people "ruck". They go hiking with a backpack containing snacks and water, maybe extra t-shirt too.
There is no minimum weight resistance requirement for rucking. As long as you have something on your back/shoulders, you qualify.

I agree though, I think putting extra weights on your shoulders and going for hikes is a bit pointless. If it's to build strength resistance/endurance, then there are much more efficient ways to do that.
Rucking is apparently inspired from the green berets. For them it makes sense as they might find themselves in that exact position on very serious missions. Anyone else though..bit silly imo.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not really. The resistance from a parachute comes at from a horizontal point, rucking is a vertical resistance. So very differenct actually, But I get your point ;)

Technically speaking though, most people "ruck". They go hiking with a backpack containing snacks and water, maybe extra t-shirt too.
There is no minimum weight resistance requirement for rucking. As long as you have something on your back/shoulders, you qualify.

I agree though, I think putting extra weights on your shoulders and going for hikes is a bit pointless. If it's to build strength resistance/endurance, then there are much more efficient ways to do that.
Rucking is apparently inspired from the green berets. For them it makes sense as they might find themselves in that exact position on very serious missions. Anyone else though..bit silly imo.
Its inspired from military training, where theres actual things in their backpacks... not weights lol. I hike a lot, day or backpacking and I've done from no pack to 70+ pounds, I'd never put weight on my shoulders for no reasons, theres just no point. Either go up faster, do something harder or just weight train.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Its inspired from military training, where theres actual things in their backpacks... not weights lol. I hike a lot, day or backpacking and I've done from no pack to 70+ pounds, I'd never put weight on my shoulders for no reasons, theres just no point. Either go up faster, do something harder or just weight train.
Agreed.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Here in Baltimore it's 34 celsius with 60+% humidity.

Just carrying my body around is intense rucking, and I want to puke, and die.

Reactions: groovejuice

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Here in Baltimore it's 34 celsius with 60+% humidity.

Just carrying my body around is intense rucking, and I want to puke, and die.
It's pretty much Hong Kong from end May to Sept. You get used to it. My 3rd summer here, it's not that bad anymore.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Vs 1.20$ for 100 grams of ground beef? How long does it take to cook 100g of beef? 2 minutes?

Come on, it's a lot more than two minutes. The cooking time might be two minutes but add in the dishes, going to the grocery store more often, etc, and the fact that its harder to transport.

Back in the 1990s, you could get a can of tuna in olive oil for 99 cents.

Reactions: Peanut

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Come on, it's a lot more than two minutes. The cooking time might be two minutes but add in the dishes, going to the grocery store more often, etc, and the fact that its harder to transport.

Back in the 1990s, you could get a can of tuna in olive oil for 99 cents.
It's still not nearly as hard as you make it sound. I make a trip to the grocery store every 4 days or so and work 50 hours a week, on top of being addicted to gaming, studying and training 3 or four times a week and doing mobility work once a day... If I can do it, anyone can.
I'll admit that my food preparation time might be faster than the usual though, as I'm much more methodical, but still.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's still not nearly as hard as you make it sound. I make a trip to the grocery store every 4 days or so and work 50 hours a week, on top of being addicted to gaming, studying and training 3 or four times a week and doing mobility work once a day... If I can do it, anyone can.
I'll admit that my food preparation time might be faster than the usual though, as I'm much more methodical, but still.
I disagree with this saying. People have different priorities. Sure, you're not asking someone to fly off a building by flapping their arms. Cooking for every meal is a possibility, but it's time consuming. No need to pretend like meal prepping takes as much time or close to it as putting a scoop a protein in your shaker.

Also, a protein shake is perfect for snacking. Throw the scoop into your water mug, shake, you can drink it while driving, walking, working, even working out. The same is not true of an actual meal.
No need to argue for the sake of it, a protein shake is less time consuming.

Reactions: Peanut

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I disagree with this saying. People have different priorities. Sure, you're not asking someone to fly off a building by flapping their arms. Cooking for every meal is a possibility, but it's time consuming. No need to pretend like meal prepping takes as much time or close to it as putting a scoop a protein in your shaker.

Also, a protein shake is perfect for snacking. Throw the scoop into your water mug, shake, you can drink it while driving, walking, working, even working out. The same is not true of an actual meal.
No need to argue for the sake of it, a protein shake is less time consuming.
Obviously it is, never said it wasnt. I'm saying it's a loss less of a hassle than people make it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad