First Round Playoff Talk Thread: Islanders vs Penguins

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Still no official schedule? I buy at 10 AM. I guess I'm going to have to guess that we're on Thursday/ Saturday for 3 & 4.
Did they send you a link when 10am hit or did you just log on to your account?

Drive 4 Five

Sep 5, 2006
Perhaps the most important question...Will there be beer at the home games? No way those food trucks currently in place can handle 7,000 people, so I imagine they'll have to open up some regular concession stands? I am not sure if the no beer is a COVID precaution or simply because the food trucks aren't licensed to sell and there hasn't been a business case yet to open up the main stands.

Reactions: BrockLobster

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
*Mod Warning*

Nobody wants to read your opinion that the other side is stupid about vaccinations. Unless you're asking a question specific to tickets relating to the vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections your post will be deleted and you're going to get points. I've only managed to change one person's opinion on Bailey over the years, so there's no chance anyone here is changing another person's opinion on vaccines.

No vaccine talk period, if you have questions look elsewhere. If you continue to post it you will get tagged for spam.

ANY POSTS NOT ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS GOING FORWARD ARE JUST GOING TO BE DELETED.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sunday at noon. We need at least 1 on the road. Just get back to Nassau and take care of business. Let’s f***ing go!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Damn. Was hoping for anything but noon on Sunday. Just hate that time overall, but going to be at an unveiling so not even a chance to watch on my phone.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Did they send you a link when 10am hit or did you just log on to your account?
The email link was sent last night.

Edit: That was the reminder email. The link to purchase was in my email at 7AM today

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
The email link was sent last night.

Edit: That was the reminder email. The link to purchase was in my email at 7AM today
We got the link on WHEN we can purchase but it doesnt specify HOW to purchase in the email we got. i guess we should be expecting your 10 am purchase email sometime this morning..

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
We got the link on WHEN we can purchase but it doesnt specify HOW to purchase in the email we got. i guess we should be expecting your 10 am purchase email sometime this morning..
I just looked back and found an email with a link. All it does is take you to your Isles/TM account but mine isn't active yet. So either find the email with the link or just log on - either way should work (famous last words)...

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011

There were two sent out - one yesterday with the time info, and then another one today at 7AM with a link that says "buy" for the vaccinated section. Check your spam box if the second one didn't come in yet. My time window starts at 12.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
you must have better seats than us, we cant log on until 3 :help:

Oh , I didnt realize there were different times, hope there is plenty left by the time you get in. There were good seats left when I was in. . I got row 7 in section 2 for game 6, I could have gotten row 1 but felt it might have been somewhat obstructed by the penalty box and row 7 might be a better angle (and row 1 was $50 or so more a ticket). For game 2 I got section 117.

GOOD LUCK!!!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
yikes for you west coasters...

The bubble was worse. It was 9am during the WEEK. I was a little tipsy during work haha. At least after this game I'll just go sit in the sun.

They love it during football season.

Yessir! I actually now prefer it even during hockey and baseball season. Games are over at 630ish and then I can have dinner and do whatever for the night. The key is having a flexible schedule to start the game at 4, which is hard for a lot of people.

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Has anyone noticed Isles Twitter feed promoting the playoff bracket challenge challenge and the Playoff "Defend NY" T-Shirts?

Both promotions have shown the reverse retro jersey and the T Shirt is Navy blue with the NY Alternate logo.

Going with the theme of Defend NY, could this possibly mean that the navy blue jerseys are what the team will be wearing for round 1 home games?

It just seems odd to me that the FIRST playoff shirt they release is Navy.

Something small, but just wanted to get your guys take on it.

Much love

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The bubble was worse. It was 9am during the WEEK. I was a little tipsy during work haha. At least after this game I'll just go sit in the sun.

Yessir! I actually now prefer it even during hockey and baseball season. Games are over at 630ish and then I can have dinner and do whatever for the night. The key is having a flexible schedule to start the game at 4, which is hard for a lot of people.
Imagine living in Hawaii during football season. Games are over by 12 noon and you’re having brunch. Of course the first game is at 7AM :eek:

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Perhaps the most important question...Will there be beer at the home games? No way those food trucks currently in place can handle 7,000 people, so I imagine they'll have to open up some regular concession stands? I am not sure if the no beer is a COVID precaution or simply because the food trucks aren't licensed to sell and there hasn't been a business case yet to open up the main stands.

Thats what im talking about! I heard that since they were shut down their liquor license expired or something. But yea get a few beer trucks in there! If not you gotta sneak in those little whiskey bottles..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad