Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
minni will be a tough series really hope we win the first game to get all the pressure out of the way. going to be crazy i can already feel it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Now I say Minnesota has clinched the third spot in the central. I'd say it's all set, but both Nashville and Winnipeg are close in points and have two games left.

Want Wild because they only beat the Jets once this season 4-1. Otherwise, we've won every regular season game against them.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Wow, that last game of the season between COL and STL is still looking good.

Fingers crossed we get it!

NSH needs 2 magic number points against us to clinch 1st. They need to lose both remaining, and the Jets need to win their two remaining.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Need to see what Jets would be up against. Wild vs Ducks would be a good game to watch.

Hoping for a Minnesota win tonight though as I don’t believe the Predators won’t secure a single crucial point to close out their season and am still hopeful the dirty ducks drop to that second wild card spot.

A win for the ducks probably makes it unlikely they drop to that spot and it’ll be Colorado’s or St. Louis which will be a cakewalk for the Predators.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets are the hottest team in the league since February 28.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.01.51 PM.png

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow, that last game of the season between COL and STL is still looking good.

Fingers crossed we get it!

NSH needs 2 magic number points against us to clinch 1st. They need to lose both remaining, and the Jets need to win their two remaining.

Not exactly the best description of what's needed.

Nashville needs to lose one game in regulation and then lose in regulation or in OT with the Jets winning both in any fashion.

Jets have more wins in regulation so a tie in the year end standings puts us in first.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Well unless the Jets win the last two games, and by some miracle, Nashville loses their last two in regulation, it looks like it will be a Jets-Wild Playoff Series. I'm looking fwd to it, but it would be nice to have home ice advantage against Nashville.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
Am I getting the feeling here that people don't want to pass the Preds for first? Or am I mistaken?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Did anyone in Minnesota watch the game? Their game day thread tonight was only 3 pages.

I'm rarely on their site. Is that normal?
It ebbs and flows. The post volume on the Wild subforum is kind of at low tide overall this year, and it was a 9:00 pm game after we were more or less locked into our current playoff slot. Saturday night GDT's also tend to be ghost towns.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well unless the Jets win the last two games, and by some miracle, Nashville loses their last two in regulation, it looks like it will be a Jets-Wild Playoff Series. I'm looking fwd to it, but it would be nice to have home ice advantage against Nashville.

If the Preds get 1 point the Jets can win the division with 2 wins in any manner.

If the Preds get 0 points the Jets can win the division with 1 win and 1 OT or SO loss.

Reactions: Pongs21

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
What are the predicted playoff line combos?

Pretty safe bet would be the lines that have been dominating the league for the last 6 weeks or so! Maurice will change nothing IMO, why would he at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad