Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder who's doing the game(s) for NBC? I could always watch that feed instead.

Lemon Lover

Forever in Blueland
Jun 19, 2010
Atlanta
Where are our long time thrasher fans? They still reading the boards? Be good to hear from them.

Still following the team. Hope they can do damage this playoff run. I'm worried about the matchup with the Preds - they have serious playoff experience and the Jets have none. Plus the Laviolette vs Maurice matchup frightens me. I'm still amazed at how he took a semi-garbage Flyer team to within 2 games a Cup a few years ago. The more I think about it, the more impossible it seems. But if they get past the Preds, then there is NO reason they shouldn't win it all. GJG!

Reactions: Trilliann and DRC

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,

I nominate @kanadalainen, our resident prose expert. Makes our threads and overall board seem more intelligent then it actually is.

Low hanging fruit and jack-ass-ery is our common dominator here. But maybe I’m just speaking for myself......

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Depends on Helle, if goaltending is wash I think the Jets are easily deeper and have more of everything up front. Minny got >100 points this season they are not to be messed with. Angry Wheeler is necessary.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Depends on Helle, if goaltending is wash I think the Jets are easily deeper and have more of everything up front. Minny got >100 points this season they are not to be messed with. Angry Wheeler is necessary.

I'd rather have No Penalties Wheeler and Angry Buff.

Reactions: jefferoni

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because the Jets have been coasting for a couple weeks. The Wild havent been right up to their 2nd last game.
Actually, they were more or less coasting during their last 3 games. Our "punishment" for dropping in the standing to the first WC spot would have been to play VGK, who the Wild beat 3-1 in the season series.

What was surprising was how mediocre some of the CA teams were compared to how they were in past years. With them playing poorly, and CHI and STL out of the picture, there is a power vacuum in the West once you get past NSH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->