Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks. I thought it was always in operation, but I suppose it's really only an April - June thing.

Don't they just rename the NHL Talk thread once the regular season ends?

They also do this with the prospects thread renaming it "Draft" and the international tournaments thread renaming ir "WJHC" or "Olympics" when this events draw near.

Reactions: SLAYER

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Don't they just rename the NHL Talk thread once the regular season ends?

They also do this with the prospects thread renaming it "Draft" and the international tournaments thread renaming ir "WJHC" or "Olympics" when this events draw near.

Yep, you're spot on.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Im confident against the Wilds.

As long as Jets are dicipline and play their defensive game. Goals will come.
They are that good.

No games like

SENS and chigago and the preds game.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Been reading a little stuff on the wild from twitter fans.

A lot seem to think they will mash the Jets is Spurgeon comes back and the jets will be easily contained of that happens....

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Up to 96% now

AB2_EBB36-39_A9-4_EF4-_BADF-_FFA898638077.png

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Been reading a little stuff on the wild from twitter fans.

A lot seem to think they will mash the Jets is Spurgeon comes back and the jets will be easily contained of that happens....
WHAT?! wow you must have found an insanely optimistic corner of Twitter. Most of the stuff i see revolves around "Does this (the Suter injury) now absolve Chuck Fletcher of the blame of another first round exit." It seems to be a foregone conclusion we're toast.

I guess we DID just beat the Oilers without Suter and for whatever reason that gave some people hope that it'll be alright, but i expect that hope to be brutally stomped to death by the end of this California swing.

Anything can happen. That should be our playoff motto this year.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
WHAT?! wow you must have found an insanely optimistic corner of Twitter. Most of the stuff i see revolves around "Does this (the Suter injury) now absolve Chuck Fletcher of the blame of another first round exit." It seems to be a foregone conclusion we're toast.

I guess we DID just beat the Oilers without Suter and for whatever reason that gave some people hope that it'll be alright, but i expect that hope to be brutally stomped to death by the end of this California swing.

Anything can happen. That should be our playoff motto this year.
I am a massive Vikings fan. So I follow a few local writers there.
I occasionally see wild hockey talk through retweets and such.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will say this. MN has this unreasonable fear that the Jets are going to beat the crap out of them. That's silly...that's what we (the Wild) should be hoping that the Jets try to do. CO used to try and do the same thing, as did STL back with Backes/Ott/Reaves. Yet we always won. It was CHI that beat our ass time and time again, yet they did it almost exclusively with skill.

What MN should be worried about is the skill and speed of the Jets. The BEST possible thing for them would be if the Jets try to intimidate the Wild. Ironically, the recent additions to the Wild (Soucy 6'5", Seeler a tough 6'2", Greenway 6'6")make them a team that isn't so susceptible to being beaten up.

Assuming that Dubnyk doesn't stand on his head (he never has in the playoffs), then I think this series will come down to special teams. I think the Jets will feast on the Wild when they are on the PP. For all that Suter is an excellent offensive Dman, he is even better as a defender, and he also ran the #1 PP. Brodin is the next man up as the LHD on the point... really good player, but has had little PP TOI during his career.

It will suck if we lose to you, but better you than CO, CHI, STL, or those parvenus in NSH.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
There is a general fear from every team we face that we will "beat them up". I find that kind of funny because we are not really that team anymore. We are however a fairly high skilled team when fully healthy with a very physical 4th line.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There is a general fear from every team we face that we will "beat them up". I find that kind of funny because we are not really that team anymore. We are however a fairly high skilled team when fully healthy with a very physical 4th line.

Our physicality is really our tenacious forechecking. That and the occasional Buff nuclear weapon.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Our 4th line has come around to being pretty good towards the end of the year. Foligno is the only guy who fights, but both Winnik and Ek have good size and play physically. Seeler isn't a heavyweight, but can throw. In general, though the Wild are not going to fight, but guys like Coyle and Nino play physically.

My worry about the Jets is Ehlers blowing by our Dmen(that's where we'll miss Haula), and Laine ripping shots from the Ovi position on the PP. I think you now have the sort of team that can play a team "even" yet still be ahead by two goals. That's what CHI used to do to us. We'd actually outplay them, but Kane and Crawford would kill us.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I am a massive Vikings fan. So I follow a few local writers there.
I occasionally see wild hockey talk through retweets and such.
Also a huge fan of the Purple and follow Twin Cities based media. Michael Russo is a homer but he’s a writer I follow, even though I dislike the Wild.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Anyone else happy that Chris Stewart isn't on the Wild anymore? seemed like he was the only one scoring on us this year when we played them.

He was basically a nightly healthy scratch once Parise came back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad