Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I want to add, I am legit saddened that Tierney and Balcers are going the other way. But it's the cost of getting the kind of player they got.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Surely there is better available at the price though? Somebody would take a shot at these jobs for peanuts I bet.

Lots of people would take their place. I'd do the job for half the price and have the biggest smile in the country while doing it.

The problem is that you get what you pay for, and anyone BETTER then them with any amount of experience at the job in question isn't willing to settle for a league - minimum salary.

There are only so many elite coaches and GMs to go around. If you're not willing to pay for them, then you're not likely to hire one of them. Best you can do is either give inexperienced people a chance and hope it works out, or take on semi-competent people and hope they get lucky... And neither of those options usually have a high rate of success.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Meier-Norris + the same shenanigans with the picks would look much better.

But my anger is still pointed at Melnyk. Dorion starts every deal from a position of weakness just by the fact that the owner is not ready to pay.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Lots of people would take their place. I'd do the job for half the price and have the biggest smile in the country while doing it.

The problem is that you get what you pay for, and anyone BETTER then them with any amount of experience at the job in question isn't willing to settle for a league - minimum salary.

There are only so many elite coaches and GMs to go around. If you're not willing to pay for them, then you're not likely to hire one of them. Best you can do is either give inexperienced people a chance and hope it works out, or take on semi-competent people and hope they get lucky... And neither of those options usually have a high rate of success.

Funny how it often works that way with players too. In the last 10 years how many cup winners were cap floor teams? Melnyk's cheapness hurts this team in every department he underspends in.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Some real whoppers in his responses there. I just loved the stunned silence from Mendes and Simpson when he blurted out that Norris was best friends with Tkachuk as the first point. Also, his belief in the rebuild is just so inspiring!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The poor guy is in WAY over his head. Someone help the guy and give him a different role

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't think Dorion would be trading Erik Karlsson right now if he didn't have to.

It's all BS.

But he's still responsible for that return.
I don’t think there has ever been a worse talent evaluator in the league.

He’s absolutely clueless about anything that happens outside of junior hockey.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Do you really believe Dorion was the one who wanted to trade Karlsson, and not Melnyk?
Just because you have to make a trade doesn't mean you need to get bent over. Dorion screwed this up when he refused to entertain a trade at the draft.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Do you really believe Dorion was the one who wanted to trade Karlsson, and not Melnyk?
I think the money plays into it for sure. There's a legit argument that a cash strapped team can't win with 10+ million tied up in one player....but there's no excuse for that trade or the Duchene one or the Anderson contract.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Just because you have to make a trade doesn't mean you need to get bent over. Dorion screwed this up when he refused to entertain a trade at the draft.

As soon as you HAVE to make a trade, you WILL get bent over. How do you know he would have gotten a better offer at the draft? You're just making shit up as you go.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
I don't think Dorion would be trading Erik Karlsson right now if he didn't have to.

It's all BS.

But he's still responsible for that return.
I don't understand the Dorion hate, nobody knows how much EM controls what he does but I as well as a lot of people suspect that EM controls aa.lot.of what Dorion does. If EM told Dorion he wanted EK gone before training camp and this was the best offer, what's he supposed to do? Dorion can't force teams to give him better offers. Melnyk is the villain here, he's the one that wouldn't pay EK to stay.

Reactions: swiftwin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad