Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
There's zero point in doing this until we get a new owner.

I generally agree with that, but he is actively destroying the team. I doubt he has a job elsewhere after the team sells (whenever they do). He should resign to save his own ass in the future.

Reactions: lancepitlick

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Man people are so clueless. Sens save 5.3 million on this deal. A deal that had to happen. Do you think this is really what Dorion wanted? Doubtful. He's a job to do and he's paid to do it. His hands are tied. You think you would do better with Eugene? Maybe you are oblivious to how many great hockey minds have come and gone thank to Eugene. He is just doing what he has to do keep his pay check. Can you really blame him? I sure don't. Even if I'd like better deals etc it's truly not his fault the Ottawa mess.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Man people are so clueless. Send save 5.3 million on this deal. A deal that had to happen. Do you think this is really what Dorian wanted? Doubtful. He's a job to do and he's paid to do it. His hands are tied. You think you would do better with Eugene? Maybe you are oblivious to how many great hockey minds have come and gone thank to Eugene. He is just doing what he has to do keep his pay check. Can you really blame him? I sure don't. Even if I'd like better deals etc it's truly not his fault the Ottawa mess.

If he's destroying the team to ensure he keeps getting paid, is that ethically sound? I clearly know Eugene is pulling the strings, but Eugene was not on the phone talking to Tallon and Wilson. Do you think this would happen in a Lamoriello/Poile/even guys like Shero front office?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
To echo the sentiments in here:

1) Pierre should be fired.
2) Pierre won't be fired.
3) Pierre is way in over his head. Should never have been promoted to GM, let alone an AGM.
4) We all loved Pierre as a scout. Shame he is now a complete and utter laughing stock.

I wonder what he thinks when he wakes up each day. Does he actually think he's doing a good job? I mean, he must, otherwise he wouldn't have signed an extension. But I guess a GM position must pay better than a director of scouting.

Man, what a farce. Such an incredible display of incompetence at one's job.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If he's destroying the team to ensure he keeps getting paid, is that ethically sound? I clearly know Eugene is pulling the strings, but Eugene was not on the phone talking to Tallon and Wilson. Do you think this would happen in a Lamoriello/Poile/even guys like Shero front office?
Those guys would never work for a guy like Melnyk. Lou would tell Melnyk to f*** off, and get fired for doing so. The guys on that list would refuse to be puppets. They have pride and brains (ya, even Shero).

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Man people are so clueless. Sens save 5.3 million on this deal. A deal that had to happen. Do you think this is really what Dorion wanted? Doubtful. He's a job to do and he's paid to do it. His hands are tied. You think you would do better with Eugene? Maybe you are oblivious to how many great hockey minds have come and gone thank to Eugene. He is just doing what he has to do keep his pay check. Can you really blame him? I sure don't. Even if I'd like better deals etc it's truly not his fault the Ottawa mess.

Normally I'd agree with this however the fact that the Senators keep on trading away their best talent for nothing is taking its toll. I'm not going to say this is all Dorions fault, however something has got to give this team can not keep going like this. The team obviously just needs a complete overhaul starting from the top.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Normally I'd agree with this however the fact that the Senators keep on trading away their best talent for nothing is taking its toll. I'm not going to say this is all Dorions fault, however something has got to give this team can not keep going like this. The team obviously just needs a complete overhaul starting from the top.

That's what I am saying. Even though he is def being manipulated by Eugene, you can still not get f***ing smoked in hockey deals every single time.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No I wish we had someone from outside the organization with a strong pedigree, like Paul Fenton. But that was/is waaay too much to ask of this tire fire.

Do you think Paul Fenton would have the experience to run the organization in the state that it’s in? Fenton was always a guy waiting in the Wings in Nashville to get hired somewhere, not sure how much of an impact he’d make here.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I question whether we were ever actually very good at scouting. Puempel, Cowen, Lee, Noesen and the Rundt trade come to mind. And the "games played" metrics of scouting are always skewed for budget teams, which are more likely to ice cheap homegrown talent. The late round homeruns look more like luck than skill.
Yeah, that's something I've been thinking about lately. The 2011 draft should have been Dorion's mark on the franchise running the draft with a huge war chest and he pretty much whiffed.

We've hit on some nice late round picks, but the only guy Dorion should get credit for is Pageau.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Honest question, how has he not quit? If all of these trades are because of Melnyk, why wouldn't he just quit? He's coming out looking like an idiot. Would you be willing to ruin your professional reputation just to appease your boss?

He gets tarred and feathered daily, just a terrible work environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad