Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
tenor.gif
Taylor Hall got you Larsson.

What is RNH going to get you?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
I hope somebody has already made this response... but I didn't check..... You're totally right

Except..

The Talbot trade was actually good and a large part of why we made the 2nd round two years ago!!!

I agree that Chia sucks, but revisionist history won't help our cause

I'll agree. In the moment Talbot was the easy answer. I still think we need to shed him from the team but he did do a lot for the oilers playoff run.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
McDavid, Draisatl. ...Maybe RNH.

After that? Not really.

Kelfbom has plenty of value. People dislike him for some reason, but Larsson has value. Even Pujljuarvi and Yamamoto have value.

If you think RNH "maybe" has trade value, I don't know if you understand what teams are looking for.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He's a Center on pace for 76 points and makes 6 mill a year, and you are saying he maybe has value?

I know you go ballistic after a loss and saturate the PGT's with extreme takes, but c'mon Get a grip dude.
Teams that lose a lot tend to lower the value of their players. That's precisely why we keep getting hosed in trades.

Kelfbom has plenty of value. People dislike him for some reason, but Larsson has value. Even Pujljuarvi and Yamamoto have value.

If you think RNH "maybe" has trade value, I don't know if you understand what teams are looking for.
I don't think Klefbom has that much value when he has issues staying healthy. He's a good defenseman, no doubt... But he's also signed for a very long time. Larsson has been dreadful since Klefbom went down.

And I don't think our prospects offer much value when the team that owns them doesn't know their roles.

Reactions: space321

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Yamamoto: What is he doing here? He’s just way too small and weak for the NHL. Hasn’t shown anything to indicate he’ll be an impact player, hell even a player. Looks like a disappointment so far. He’s still young so hopefully he can piece it together one day but I have my serious doubts.

Jones: in way over his head. Had an absolute trash defensive game last night. On the offensive side he was horrible as well. Crucial turn over that resulted in killing any momentum we had. That loss is mostly on him IMO. He needs to be sent down.

Draisaitl: what the f*** man? An awful game. Getting sick of his no look behind the back back hand passes directly to the other team. He owes koskinen dinner for what he pulled off on the PP. Wake up. Looks like the biggest passenger out there some nights. Disappointing effort from him. You make 8.5m, play like it.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Teams that lose a lot tend to lower the value of their players. That's precisely why we keep getting hosed in trades.

I don't think Klefbom has that much value when he has issues staying healthy. He's a good defenseman, no doubt... But he's also signed for a very long time. Larsson has been dreadful since Klefbom went down.

And I don't think our prospects offer much value when the team that owns them doesn't know their roles.

The value of a player isn't brought down by franchise they play for. A team would pay top dollar for Nuge, the kid is easily a low end 1C or a stellar 2C. The trades have been bad not because of the players "value", but because the GM doesn't know that he can say no. If Chiarelli just stays still and sticks with the small trades he was good at, this team would be in a good position. His ineptitude doesn't sink the value of players, he just sucks at trading.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The value of a player isn't brought down by franchise they play for. A team would pay top dollar for Nuge, the kid is easily a low end 1C or a stellar 2C. The trades have been bad not because of the players "value", but because the GM doesn't know that he can say no. If Chiarelli just stays still and sticks with the small trades he was good at, this team would be in a good position. His ineptitude doesn't sink the value of players, he just sucks at trading.
Oh it absolutely is. If Hall was playing for the Penguins do you think he'd only return Larsson? Kessel got a very meager return for the Leafs because... well, they were the Leafs. Look at what Erik Karlsson returned. All three of those players are top tier players that returned basically junk because their teams were hopeless.

I think RNH could fetch a decent return but not a return we're hoping. Again, our best player for years returned a second pairing defenseman. RNH might return the same.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
(Started this post about three hours ago, but was interrupted by my baby-son waking up, and them my wife sent me to the grocery store and other things happened... So, to finish it...):

During the BOA? Time for a trade.....(just joking of course!) :DD

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
the players whom I would rate as untouchable are:
- Koskinen
- Nurse
- Klefbom
- Bouchard (for now)
- McDavid
- Draisaitl

That's really it. Everybody else is expendable.
As ever, I'm torn between not cheering for the team anymore and cheering dispassionately.

For me the list is far shorter.

Jones (develop in the AHL not playing top pairing minutes)
Klefbom
Larsson (makes a great pairing with Klefbom)
Bouchard (although his skating and lack of urgency has me concerned that we yet again blew another high 1st round pick)
McDavid

Thats it for me.
As for not cheering or cheering dispassionately I am back to where I was during the DoD, still cheering but being negative as hell about management and eating crow about wanting Chia to have this 4th year. But when we have a tone deaf, short sighted, long distance owner who doesn't even come to games anymore, and his host of OBC running the show advising him on what to do, I see zero future for this team with the best player in the world.

We have become the New York Islanders with Tavares.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Oh it absolutely is. If Hall was playing for the Penguins do you think he'd only return Larsson? Kessel got a very meager return for the Leafs because... well, they were the Leafs. Look at what Erik Karlsson returned. All three of those players are top tier players that returned basically junk because their teams were hopeless.

I think RNH could fetch a decent return but not a return we're hoping. Again, our best player for years returned a second pairing defenseman. RNH might return the same.

The Hall trade was a farce. There is no way in hell that Chiarelli held out for a better package. Larsson should have been part of the package, not all of it, I think we can all agree on that.

Kessel's trade was an entire city piling on a guy who couldn't carry a team (a horrible team at that), who clearly wanted to be rid of him.

The Karlsson trade, there were some "extenuating" circumstances, lol. The Sens traded Hoffman for pretty much a bag of pucks.

All I'm getting at is that teams will want players that are good, it's up to the team to wait for the right package. My fear is that the Oilers will let Chiarelli sell the farm,just so he can keep his job.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Isignedupjustfothis

Jun 21, 2018
Great players make those around him better,McDavid hasn't
done this so far.

Gretz had guys who were good without him. Even great. Mcdavid has guys who range ftom good to struggling to even be in the league without him. so as Gretz made good players great so does Mcdavid make bubble nhlers good.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
So Nuge has no value, Klefbom has no value, even Pujljuarvi and Yamamoto have value. Stop acting like a child.

Nuge 1 year left on his contract going to be ufa
Klefbom spends as much time in the emergency ward as on the ice
JP -> Uh maybe a 2nd rounder
Yam -> maybe a 4th

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nuge 1 year left on his contract going to be ufa
Klefbom spends as much time in the emergency ward as on the ice
JP -> Uh maybe a 2nd rounder
Yam -> maybe a 4th
Nuge has plenty of term left on his deal and doesn't become a UFA until July of 2021.

Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

member 290103

Taylor Hall got you Larsson.

What is RNH going to get you?

RNH should be able to get the Oilers a top 3 dman. At this stage, he absolutely should be shopped. He's a good player but he's a luxury for the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad