Post-Game Talk: Fire Chiarelli

Oct 15, 2008
I do know, its just so many people can't appreciate how good McDavid is and can't leave behind the Katz jock sniffing era where every player we has to be compared to player we had in those days. McDavid would have ruled in that era right along with Gretzky and Mario.

Gretzky sucked at one on one and breakaways, Mario was terrific at both those, McDavid is also better than Gretzky in both those areas. Gretzky had some fantastic teammates to ad to the stats. The speed of McDavid is something only Orr had. McDavid is also better than Mario and Gretzky defensively, Gretzky did not spend much time digging the pucks out of our end, that was Kurri.

Please list one part of the game that is a weakness for McDavid.
Just stop it already. You are looking foolish. Gretzky went to LA and killed it too. It wasn’t about his teammates. He was simply unequaled. He had no peers. There were always faster players, it’s not about that. He thought the game like no one ever did or has since. He was ten moves ahead of everyone at all times. McDavid as good as he is doesn’t even come close to doing that. Nobody does.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Quote me if you want to troll me. Kind of cowardly the way you have been doing it. I see them. like behind the back when I am out of sight. So cool. If you are scared to face someone here I imagine what a coward you are in person lol
I don’t remember even posting on here and have no idea what I was posting about. Hell, I didn’t even watch the game. Certainly not actively trolling you, as your name is brand new to me, mate.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Against the Flames, the Oilers played too tentatively offensively in the first half, and they overpassed the puck again on the chances they did have in the second half. If they would just shoot straight-on from the high slot, they would open themselves to more rebound chances. They played poorly defensively on this occasion as well, as they were generally reactive and often chasing the play.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I noticed a lot of times a player like Nurse or Drasaitl would make great moves to get to the middle scoring area and then pass to the side. Why do this always do that? MacDavid doesn't.

Also, the defense continuously, tried to punch the puck through bodies on the sidewalls. Why not pass into the middle if it is clogged? Who teaches this? This is why they never have many clean breakouts.

Why do they have a player stand right beside the goalie? One pass and they are out of the play.

Reactions: Hippasus

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I noticed a lot of times a player like Nurse or Drasaitl would make great moves to get to the middle scoring area and then pass to the side. Why do this always do that? MacDavid doesn't.

Also, the defense continuously, tried to punch the puck through bodies on the sidewalls. Why not pass into the middle if it is clogged? Who teaches this? This is why they never have many clean breakouts.

Why do they have a player stand right beside the goalie? One pass and they are out of the play.
It’s because they are playing for each other and not with each other. Sorry, all I can think of as an answer.;)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is it right? Losing, and being completely outclassed, at home against the worst team in the league, for the third loss in a row, while the goalie you just signed to be your "long term solution" let in a back breaker of a goal in the 3rd. This is it right? Right? The day after a guy who was the only result of a perennial 20 goal scorer trade chain passes through waivers. This is it right? No sane person would let this clown show go on any longer.

This is it right? This is the last game of Chia's career? Please, for the love of god tell me it is.

It won't change anything the rest of this year, but at least Chia would be prevented from making any MORE disastrous moves (which by Chia's history is literally ANY move that he makes). f*** this idiot, f*** this organization. Burn it all down, fire them all, fire the OBC (including both Gretzky's) but start with Chia.

Reactions: Yeah15

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
tumblr_inline_mw38y2md2Y1rbgili.gif

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I am not an insider and do not claim to be, just know some people that know some people.

I’m told that tomorrow is a wish-granted kind of day, and that the next three days could be extremely interesting.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Chia is getting canned tomorrow. But don''t forget that they let him sign a mediocre goalie to a massive contract extension two days before getting fired. This team is going to be bad until Katz sells it.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I apologize if this has already been asked, I haven’t been on the boards in a while. Assuming this was the last straw for Chiarelli, who are the best candidates for his replacement?
HFOil should be the leading candidate.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
As the first person to make a fire chiarelli thread. This firing is 3 years in the making.

Should have never been hired in the first place

Unfortunately,the fish rots at the head and katz is still the issue. Cant change owners

Reactions: McSprite

McSprite

Jan 22, 2019
Chia is getting canned tomorrow. But don''t forget that they let him sign a mediocre goalie to a massive contract extension two days before getting fired. This team is going to be bad until Katz sells it.

They also let him do every move prior to that extension too.

Not exactly the best track record to go by.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
How stupid is Nicholson to let this guy extend a backup goalie to an awful contract knowing he was going to have to fire him anyways?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone know who InsideTheRink is on Twitter? Are they anything special? Not sure who told me once to follow the guy on twitter but all the guy does tonight is spam #FireChiarelli in all the media guys tweets. He says hes the "Provider of info on all things hockey" or whatever but all I read is spam.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I want to know what's going to happen with the "full court press" after the last three games...I wonder who was at the center of that report? Will the interim guy be told to continue the full court press? Or will they concede another lost season and not trade their 1st pick away? I believe they will continue the full court press and that it will hurt them badly when they miss the playoffs.

Where the new GM goes from here is a mystery. I wonder how many players would throw in the towel if we didn't try to improve using our 1st and prospects at the deadline for a player with term and to not do this again next year?

Another rebuild? Two more years of drafting early? I don't trust that there's a way out of this mess except to wait it out. Trying to make more moves using our core as assets will just make things worse. If we did "tank", who would we trade or play more to ensure "development" and more losses?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->