Post-Game Talk: Fire Chiarelli Again

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Management has gotten much better at shifting the blame since the days when it was just Lowe and Mactavish. It was tough enough to figure out who was responsible for things back then. It’s impossible now.
No coincidence they’ve come out with this new “Loilty” schtick campaign, and hearing MacT talk about it last interview, reeks of desperation to keep the fans believing in this management with no accountability . Sounds like the Patriot campaign the Americans use. If your not Loil your not a true fan.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On the plus side, Oscar Klefbom's life story is the no.1 movie in North America right now:

Glass-Age-Rating-2019-Movie-Poster-Images-and-Wallpapers.jpg

#Oilerpositives

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
So with Hitchcock saying in his post game saying Petrovic and Gravel need to come in next game mean Jones is going back to the AHL?

Cory Gray

Oct 9, 2018
Get used to it. You'll be hearing it for probably a couple more years.

Oh... I wish. I think he'll be demanding a trade sooner rather than later. Realistically, I think if the Oiler's don't improve by next season, he'll be asking for a trade in 2020, I would not be surprised if he does it after this season if no hope of winning is insight.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Terry Jones basically says Chia has to go. That's when you've reached rock bottom in Edmonton.

Reactions: oobga

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There has to be a stat. Has Talbot set the all time record yet for goals allowed for on the first shot? He has to have the record at this point. f***in b*tch *ss weak minded seive of a goalie. That being said, this game wasn't on him. This game is on our players, who try as hard as they possibly can, but don't have the skill to actually make anything happen. The Oilers were running around like morons today. What happened to ZONE DEFENSE? Were chasing the opposition all over the ice and were steps behind, if we ever do catch up, were so gassed we fall all over ourselves trying to make plays. Absolute pathetic hockey.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There has to be a stat. Has Talbot set the all time record yet for goals allowed for on the first shot? He has to have the record at this point. ****in b*tch *ss weak minded seive of a goalie. That being said, this game wasn't on him. This game is on our players, who try as hard as they possibly can, but don't have the skill to actually make anything happen. The Oilers were running around like morons today. What happened to ZONE DEFENSE? Were chasing the opposition all over the ice and were steps behind, if we ever do catch up, were so gassed we fall all over ourselves trying to make plays. Absolute pathetic hockey.

Didn't Koskinen also allow a goal on his first shot? lol. At least I think he allowed a goal against in the first shot of the 2nd period.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe. Does it matter?

I mean maybe try playing defence in the first 2 minutes of a game ... maybe? Why is that section of the game any different from any other section of the game. You're going to give up a 5 star chance right off the hop, it's the same thing as giving one up mid-way through the game.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I mean maybe try playing defence in the first 2 minutes of a game ... maybe? Why is that section of the game any different from any other section of the game. You're going to give up a 5 star chance right off the hop, it's the same thing as giving one up mid-way through the game.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

We don't play good defence at any point of our game since Klefbom has been out. Doesn't change the fact that Talbot s*cks balls and Kosko is the true #1 goalie that has the ability to make the hard saves.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We don't play good defence at any point of our game since Klefbom has been out. Doesn't change the fact that Talbot s*cks balls and Kosko is the true #1 goalie that has the ability to make the hard saves.

I suspect Talbot probably will go on to play well elsewhere. This team just can't do it for him and Klefbom can't stay healthy.

The team was never going to be a defensive powerhouse, the error they made was not trying to instead build an offence first team like the Leafs are.

Now they're stuck in this weird spot where they're really not great at offence but they have a low roof as a defence and everything has to go right all the time for the D to play well.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
There has to be a stat. Has Talbot set the all time record yet for goals allowed for on the first shot? He has to have the record at this point. ****in b*tch *ss weak minded seive of a goalie. That being said, this game wasn't on him. This game is on our players, who try as hard as they possibly can, but don't have the skill to actually make anything happen. The Oilers were running around like morons today. What happened to ZONE DEFENSE? Were chasing the opposition all over the ice and were steps behind, if we ever do catch up, were so gassed we fall all over ourselves trying to make plays. Absolute pathetic hockey.

By my count, 4 times this year they've given up a goal on the first shot and/or in the first minute of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad