Post-Game Talk: Fire Chiarelli Again

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Good question and I don't know how long it was. The media has completely rolled on Chiarelli (finally).
Detroit played Calgary and Vancouver pretty well. I'm predicting a 5-2 win for the Wings and could spell the end. The end should have been this summer.
I think he’s fired today or tomorrow morning. Jones seems to write these kinds of articles because he knows something. If they were waiting for a Wings loss then Jones would have delayed his article until Wednesday.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Said before, he’ll be gonzo when Jones wants him gonzo.

Jones is the real architect of this team-who knew??? :laugh:

I think he’s fired today or tomorrow morning. Jones seems to write these kinds of articles because he knows something. If they were waiting for a Wings loss then Jones would have delayed his article until Wednesday.

I hope you're right. If there's nothing coming from the organization by 9 a.m., it's not happening today.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
The Oilers should be coveting one of Fowler or Lindholm at all costs if RNH is involved. Offer up a 2nd with RNH if Anahiem bites. One of those 2 greatly enhances our mobility
And IQ on the backend.
If they trade RNH I think i will stop watching the Oilers. Probably start watching his new team as i can just imagine his career will take off. Poor guy.

Reactions: Coffey

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Doesn't matter, since either the interim guy is Keith Gretzky, and then Bob "Oil Kings" Green gets the draft, or MacTavish is the interim guy. Not sure which is worse.

Hoping for a hockey ops cleanout this summer. Katz can promote MacT to head ticket taker for all I care as long as he's not making hockey decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeGrier99

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
If they trade RNH I think i will stop watching the Oilers. Probably start watching his new team as i can just imagine his career will take off. Poor guy.

I don't mind a RNH trade by the new GM, maybe as early as summer, but more likely next deadline.

He's one of the few players (Klefbom too) that will return real quality, and with 2 seasons left on his contract his trade value is highest and you have to start thinking about him leaving in FA, nobody in their right mind would re-sign here now.

But he's one of those guys that when you trade him, it takes years to find a replacement. Maybe Marody could fill his shoes partially in a year.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Say Hello to your new GM

Paul knows a thing or 2 about winning.

230px-Paul_Coffey_in_2007.jpg

:help:

Reactions: Dan403

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Out of curiosity, would you in fact be permitted into the game with this on? Do they actually police for that kind of thing?

I bet they'd let Chia stuff in. The org (above Chia) probably wants all targets pointed his way now. Definitely not Lowe or OBC names on bad stuff though. We've seen that attempted before.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't mind a RNH trade by the new GM, maybe as early as summer, but more likely next deadline.

He's one of the few players (Klefbom too) that will return real quality, and with 2 seasons left on his contract his trade value is highest and you have to start thinking about him leaving in FA, nobody in their right mind would re-sign here now.

But he's one of those guys that when you trade him, it takes years to find a replacement. Maybe Marody could fill his shoes partially in a year.
Ryan Mcleod is the obvious RNH replacement.

If we trade Nuge, we're accepting that this is another rebuild, and we're going for prospects in return. Would likely make sense to recoup some value on Larsson too in that scenario.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I'm assuming a players availability where they will all discuss how they're not playing well enough and it will 100% change, possibly some comments about how they believe in the management group.

Reactions: Aerrol and imtheboy

space321

May 11, 2011
what are the chances chiarelli gets fired today? probably zero, so any media availability is meaningless, what are they gonna tell us aside from what they've been saying for the past 13 years?

Reactions: MikeGrier99

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
what are the chances chiarelli gets fired today? probably zero, so any media availability is meaningless, what are they gonna tell us aside from what they've been saying for the past 13 years?

none. He doesn't put two players on waivers if he's been fired

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I predict nothing of note will be said. Press will ask no hard questions. Chia is still entrenched like a tick, inexplicably.

*crosses fingers* please be wrong, please be wrong.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Maybe Marody could fill his shoes partially in a year.

Maybe his shoes but you must be joking if you think his skates.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Say Hello to your new GM

Paul knows a thing or 2 about winning.

230px-Paul_Coffey_in_2007.jpg

:help:
I’ve heard his name brought up as a candidate to replace Chiarelli by Eastern media people a couple times and I can’t figure out why. I get the OBC connection and all the ridiculous hires that have come from that but theres nothing in his background that would make this logical. Just two years ago some of us were throwing fits because we didn’t think he was qualified or committed enough to be an assistant coach. Without improving his qualifications or commitment level he’s a GM candidate two years later? That’s one way to make Mactavish look better, I guess. Anybody still think Katz cares about this team?

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
I’ve heard his name brought up as a candidate to replace Chiarelli by Eastern media people a couple times and I can’t figure out why. I get the OBC connection and all the ridiculous hires that have come from that but theres nothing in his background that would make this logical. Just two years ago some of us were throwing fits because we didn’t think he was qualified or committed enough to be an assistant coach. Without improving his qualifications or commitment level he’s a GM candidate two years later? That’s one way to make Mactavish look better, I guess. Anybody still think Katz cares about this team?

And the sad part is most of the OBC members are probably egotistical enough to think they can come in and fix this team quick, even those with no managerial experience to speak of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad