Fire Chia Thread V: Manning and Petrovic and Spooner Oh ****!

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Is anyone going to the Season Ticket holders dinner today?

I'm that someone is able to post what is discussed by the Oilers

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Yeah let's solve the gm problem by hiring two guys already in the organization. There may be someone better in the other seven or so billion people on this planet but f*** it that sounds like tough work interviewing multiple candidates.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Chia dumb dumb is still GM?? My god. The second Spooner was put on waivers it should have ended his career. Fail move after fail move.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I'm going out on a limb & saying the Detroit game will be Chia's last as the GM of the Oilers. He might even get relieved of his duties before the Detroit game.

There's just no way he survives debacle after debacle & they let him lead the team into the trade deadline. No way. There's just too much chatter from around the league for nothing to happen.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Chia dumb dumb is still GM?? My god. The second Spooner was put on waivers it should have ended his career. Fail move after fail move.

Yeah, you take a completely serviceable NHLer in Strome, not a great guy, but a good bottom-6 guy, and you end up with a cap-killer/dead-weight. This is AFTER already losing the Eberle trade for Strome in the first place. 20 goal winger -> bottom-6 guy -> nothing. Jesus H Christ that is pathetic.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Listening to Shannon try and rationalize Chia's moves is simply mind boggling. It seems the issue is that fans in Canada care too much and Chia has to learn to work with that.

Reactions: TB12

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'm going out on a limb & saying the Detroit game will be Chia's last as the GM of the Oilers. He might even get relieved of his duties before the Detroit game.

There's just no way he survives debacle after debacle & they let him lead the team into the trade deadline. No way. There's just too much chatter from around the league for nothing to happen.

Hoping for an Oilers embarrassing loss against Detroit. Just to see what happens.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Listening to Shannon try and rationalize Chia's moves is simply mind boggling. It seems the issue is that fans in Canada care too much and Chia has to learn to work with that.

I had to turn off at that point. There's absolutely NOTHING anybody can rationalize Idiotrelli's stupid moves.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Shannon would be a better GM than Chia.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Shannon is Hitch's bud, he probably knows if the GM is gone the coach isn't far behind.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Man Shannon is more of a jock sniffer than I thought. That guy is up there as most annoying in hockey media

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Jones is pressing for a firing

Say what? Is Jones off of his rocker? Hitch is a coach, not a GM. Hitch is struggling with his own job right now, let alone throw something else at him. Maybe Joey should be his assistant as well.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
the NHL should revoke Katz' ownership for allowing Chiarelli to still be employed

ya, the fact that he's still gm is fishy. i think he's maybe actually not in control anymore and it's more a collection of hitch, lowe and macT making most of the calls. he may truly be the puppet gm now.... just the guy making the calls under the orders of the bunch i mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad