Fire Chia Thread V: Manning and Petrovic and Spooner Oh ****!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'll take aghast-Craig MacTavish any day over this idiot.

MacTavish.jpg
I'm at that point now too.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Been reading this thread to see what the take on Chiarelli is, and I am getting crazy frustrated reading posts on job he is doing, and I’m a Jet fan.

Can’t imagine how frustrating it is for fans of the team.

My question to this board is, what direction do you think is best, at this point and time, for the team? (assuming you fire Chiarelli):

1) A quick retooling, sell off some assets, suck for a couple of seasons to try and draft some running mates for McDavid?

2) more of a rebuild, a 5 to 7 year build it top down, trade off assets for draft picks to put higher talent around McDavid.

Or

3) to keep tweaking the current roster, but with a more competent GM, and see if you can get a combo, maybe better goaltending, keep looking for the right mix?

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
Been reading this thread to see what the take on Chiarelli is, and I am getting crazy frustrated reading posts on job he is doing, and I’m a Jet fan.

My question to this board is, what direction do you think is best, at this point and time, for the team? (assuming you fire Chiarelli):

1) A quick retooling, sell off some assets, suck for a couple of seasons to try and draft some running mates for McDavid?

2) more of a rebuild, a 5 to 7 year build it top down, trade off assets for draft picks to put higher talent around McDavid.

Or

3) to keep tweaking the current roster, but with a more competent GM, and see if you can get a combo, maybe better goaltending, keep looking for the right mix?
I think at this point we pretty much have to rely on a 2-3+ year retool/rebuild. We're stuck with some bad contracts for a few years, and our top picks in Pulju and Yamamoto haven't been able to develop within this organization (no surprise there).

Whoever the next GM is, he has a hell of a job to do.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Or

I think all this roster needs is some tweaking. They already have Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Klefbom, Nurse, Larsson and Koskinen to build around. JP, Jones and Yamamoto are still developing but look like future NHLers. Bouchard and Mcleod are looking good in Junior plus this years 1st should be a good pick.

They just need to focus on finding some wingers and a veteran D partner for Nurse. A good GM should be able to fix this in an offseason,

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
At least MacT had the balls to own up to the media and fans. Chia's just locked in a bunker somewhere.

That is one thing I'll give Mac T props for. He wouldn't duck the media and made himself available quite often to take questions. Chia is a chicken shit.

Reactions: frag2

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How does this guy still have a job?

Seriously

Only explanation that makes sense now is that he managed to rope in the other losers in this org for all his major moves. So the boss knows they were all in on the big moves together and are all accountable together.

I always get this sense when Nicholson talks. He refuses to get into specifics about big mistakes, and he always bumbles his way through trying to explain the decision making process in the org.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That is one thing I'll give Mac T props for. He wouldn't duck the media and made himself available quite often to take questions. Chia is a chicken ****.

Remember even last year, he showed his face to media maybe 5 times all season? Chia is a POS.
MacT was stupid but at least he met with media. Chia just hides...probably in Boston somewhere.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Or

Not sure why you even inserted #2 as an option. If you think McDavid’s camp is going to wait around for 5-7 years for a competent lineup to be put together, I have some land to sell to you.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It is going to be absolute chaos if the Oilers lose tomorrow.

Nah, that seems to get said before every game. Fired after this one, removed after this road trip, canned at Christmas, blah blah blah. Likely be the same old same old. Would love to finally be wrong, but nothing surprises me with these clowns anymore.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
If Katz has any semblence of hockey fan mindset. He has to see how horribly built this team is. How can you keep the GM who made this team employed. It literally staring him in the face, everyone else sees it. This is god awful hockey we are watching. What little chemistry was left seems to be obliterated. This team is not even worth watching anymore. They need to get this destroyer of teams removed now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad