Fire Chia Thread III: Security Blanket Gone, Nowhere to Run Nowhere to Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

space321

May 11, 2011
HK97 really gets triggered hard when the Oilers goal differential with Hall and without (same with McDavid) gets brought up, lol, because it shows pretty definitively the problem with this team is the 3 other lines on the team. It's hard to argue against -157 or whatever.

But does Hall fit with our culture?

I wonder if he thinks McDavid fits with our culture, because right now McDavid is trending the way of Taylor Hall on this team - not good enough to carry around 18 players' worth of garbage.

Also is it bad if I can tell you guys are arguing with HK97 even though I can't see his posts lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
New Jersey is last in the East and I still have to read a bunch of nonsense about Hall being the best player in the NHL.

God this is tiring.

The point is you can't rely on one freaking player. This is something some Oiler fans are incredibly dense about.

Team is bad = welp, I guess it's time to blame the best player on the team.

This isn't the NBA, you need realistically 4 or 5 good players to be a good team, and really ideally 2 or 3 very high end players minimum that can push the mail.

NJ is bad for the same principal, they are asking one guy to carry the entire franchise. It doesn't freaking work in the long run, and it's not the fault of the player, it's the nature of the sport.

If this was like basketball then McDavid could play 55 minutes a game like Durant or LeBron plays 90% of the game, then OK, that's a valid point, but that's not how hockey works.

Even in basketball, the greatest player ever, Michael Jordan, couldn't push the Bulls into being a very good team until Scottie Pippen emerged as a solid second no.2 player, LeBron James didn't win shit until he ran off to build a super team in Miami where he had an All-Star no.2 and no.3 option. And this is a sport where the best player can play 90% of the game.

Reactions: stratedge

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
good for you buddy. fact is there were a bunch of hall lovers who used the excuse that klef sucked and his opinion on hall didn't matter.

No one has ever said that about Klebom.

Scrivens and Ference, sure, but never Klef.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He changed his name to Connor McDavid?
hall-taylor-2-062018.jpg

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
How's Hall doing anyway?

Oh... not even top 20 in league scoring and almost DFL in the NHL standings. Man, I sure miss him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Using these two photos:

hall-taylor-2-062018.jpg

cut.jpg

Together only proves the point at how stupid Chiarelli and Oilers management is.

Imagine in spring 2015 I showed you these two photos and said these would be 2 of the next 3 Hart trophy winners.

You would probably think "holy shit! We're gonna be great!". If I explained to you what Chiarelli did you probably would not believe it.

Reactions: space321

space321

May 11, 2011
He’s regressed to the mean.

Taylor Hall's mean would still be 2nd on this team in scoring.

Or are you talking about him being dead last in the league? So that makes McDavid's mean a mere 83 points per season, aka barely over .500 hockey? Man McDavid f***ing sucks.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Exactly you are because you can't explain how the team could allow -175 goals against without Hall on the ice.

um, i thought i did multiple times. he doesn't play shorthanded and the oil allowed 130 sh GA. he's on for a lot of pps that scored 120 goals. no one has proven these were 5x5 stats. also, who knows how accurate these stats are when no one shows their work. i mean for all we know nuge and ebs might have similar stats. the fact that you can compare hall with connor based on these stats tell me theyre fairly useless. can't compare the best player in the nhl (connor that is for you hall lovers) to some max pacioretty level player (except hall isn't capt material and doesn't like to play the right way and had locker room issues) who completely fluked out winning the hart undeservedly.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Please don’t bash Hall...

It was not his fault here.. and it’s not his fault there.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
No one has ever said that about Klebom.

Scrivens and Ference, sure, but never Klef.

guarantee you several people said that about klef. they're just not coming out and admitting it.

also even if it was just ference and scrivs.... those guys 100% know more about how to judge the player (hall) better than any of you here based on the fact that they simply know way more about hockey and that they actually f****** played with the guy. how arrogant of some of you to say you know better than them?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
um, i thought i did multiple times. he doesn't play shorthanded and the oil allowed 130 sh GA. he's on for a lot of pps that scored 120 goals. no one has proven these were 5x5 stats. also, who knows how accurate these stats are when no one shows their work. i mean for all we know nuge and ebs might have similar stats. the fact that you can compare hall with connor based on these stats tell me theyre fairly useless. can't compare the best player in the nhl (connor that is for you hall lovers) to some max pacioretty level player (except hall isn't capt material and doesn't like to play the right way and had locker room issues) who completely fluked out winning the hart undeservedly.

I was curious what those stats were exactly.

here is Edmonton's 5v5 totals for 13/14, 14/15, 15/16: 393 GF, 545 GA
Hall's 5v5 time in that period: 148 GF, 146 GA

So, without Hall it was: 245 GF and 399 GA for a differential of -154

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Team Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I was curious what those stats were exactly.

here is Edmonton's 5v5 totals for 13/14, 14/15, 15/16: 393 GF, 545 GA
Hall's 5v5 time in that period: 148 GF, 146 GA

So, without Hall it was: 245 GF and 399 GA for a differential of -154

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

Team Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick
thanks. i appreciate the links but i'm always of the mindset that stats do not tell the full picture. also, ebs and nuge's numbers look relatively similar as well. even pouliot wasn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad