Fire Chia Thread III: Security Blanket Gone, Nowhere to Run Nowhere to Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
thanks. i appreciate the links but i'm always of the mindset that stats do not tell the full picture. also, ebs and nuge's numbers look relatively similar as well. even pouliot wasn't bad.

I think it does support the idea that we had absolute garbage teams and Hall was really not the most of our problems, not even close.

Can't really get anywhere with 1 or 2 good players playing ~20 mins a night out of the 60. We are barely hanging on right now with the best player in the league playing 25+. You can never expect to win when for 30-40 mins a night you are icing forward lines and D that can't accomplish anything, can't score, can't properly defend to make up for it. We've been doing that for a crazy long time.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think it does support the idea that we had absolute garbage teams and Hall was really not the most of our problems, not even close.

Can't really get anywhere with 1 or 2 good players playing ~20 mins a night out of the 60. We are barely hanging on right now with the best player in the league playing 25+. You can never expect to win when for 30-40 mins a night you are icing forward lines and D that can't accomplish anything, can't score, can't properly defend to make up for it. We've been doing that for a crazy long time.

i agree, depth is and was a problem. i'm not sold on hall and not a fan of the questionable, real life accuracy of those exaggerated stats. like by the same metrics the team without ebs was -135. and there's no question ebs is a very average overall player. highly skilled but average overall effect on winning games.

yes we need more skill up front but not a guy like oilers hall who didn't play the right way and was questionable as a teammate.

also the team was -96 when benny pouliot wasn't on the ice (minus the 2013-14 season he wasn't here)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad