Fire Chia Thread III: Security Blanket Gone, Nowhere to Run Nowhere to Hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Points don't say everything about Hall's game. You won't find many forwards who drive 5v5 possession the way he does. That's arguably just as important as putting up a ton of points.

Well there's also the other obvious part of that ... the more you have the puck, the less you are getting scored on.

They had two players in McDavid and Hall that could tilt the ice for 40-44 minutes a game, leaving 16-20 minutes of the game left to have to manage. Which is a low f***ing bar. And they threw that away to get Lucic and any throw in no.2/3 D that shot right.

Not enough to have Maroon and Kassian already, we needed to go fullllll slow-ass grind team to appease Dumborelli.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Literally 0 Hall lovers bash Klefbom. You know why? Because people who love Hall actually like good players and are knowledgeable enough to understand that Klefbom is the best dman this team has had since Visnovsky.

The only people who bash Klefbom are in the same camp as the people who bash Hall. Morons who don't know anything about hockey.

that's f****** bs. people here kept pointing out how klef was criticizing hall for only getting his points against sh***y teams and disappearing or not showing up against the better teams or when things get hard. which scrivens agreed with and it was guys like you who said "well whatever, klefbom's a terrible player anyways and he shouldn't make comments like that" or "why would i care what a sh** player like klef says".

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I love Taylor Hall, hate that trade, and think Oscar Klefbom is the best D on the Oilers by a lot. Like a real lot.

Next question.

good for you buddy. fact is there were a bunch of hall lovers who used the excuse that klef sucked and his opinion on hall didn't matter.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
that's f****** bs. people here kept pointing out how klef was criticizing hall for only getting his points against sh***y teams and disappearing or not showing up against the better teams or when things get hard. which scrivens agreed with and it was guys like you who said "well whatever, klefbom's a terrible player anyways and he shouldn't make comments like that" or "why would i care what a sh** player like klef says".

He's not as good of a player as Taylor Hall, that's why he shouldn't have been shooting his mouth off. That doesn't mean he's a worthless player.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
OK?

Let's back this conversation up a bit. Why should I give a **** about this at all?

Klefbom on hall: "it’s also hard to tell what he has contributed. He never played his best games against the tougher teams, which we really needed it. However, he was fantastic when we met the little inferior teams.”

Reactions: Former Referee 68

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He's not as good of a player as Taylor Hall, that's why he shouldn't have been shooting his mouth off. That doesn't mean he's a worthless player.

what? just becuase he's "not as good" doesn't mean his opinion is wrong. what kind of logic is that?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Klefbom on hall: "it’s also hard to tell what he has contributed. He never played his best games against the tougher teams, which we really needed it. However, he was fantastic when we met the little inferior teams.”

So he said something silly. Why should I care? He's a hockey player not a politician.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
what? just becuase he's "not as good" doesn't mean his opinion is wrong. what kind of logic is that?

Do you even have a stat split showing Hall's production?

The reason they lost all those games is because they were -147 when Hall was off the ice. I don't think anyone logically can even spin that any other way.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Feel free to post some links then buddy.
Well there's also the other obvious part of that ... the more you have the puck, the less you are getting scored on.

They had two players in McDavid and Hall that could tilt the ice for 40-44 minutes a game, leaving 16-20 minutes of the game left to have to manage. Which is a low ****ing bar. And they threw that away to get Lucic and any throw in no.2/3 D that shot right.

Not enough to have Maroon and Kassian already, we needed to go fullllll slow-ass grind team to appease Dumborelli.
Chiarelli emailed one of the Oilers analytics guys asking them what Fenwick was, so it's not surprising that he doesn't understand the concept of puck possession.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Feel free to post some links then buddy.

Chiarelli emailed one of the Oilers analytics guys asking them what Fenwick was, so it's not surprising that he doesn't understand the concept of puck possession.

have you been under a rock? these comments along with scrivens and ference has been talked about for 2 years!

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
so it's silly to speak the truth? and it's silly because it doesn't jive with your narrative? gotcha. goodbye.
Hall was the only player on this team during his stretch here that outscored the opposition when he was on the ice. Try to spin that.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
so it's silly to speak the truth? and it's silly because it doesn't jive with your narrative? gotcha. goodbye.

Except the data is pretty conclusive that what he said was the exact opposite of the truth.

Hall was actually better against playoff teams than the opposite. So yeah, it was a pretty silly thing to say.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
have you been under a rock? these comments along with scrivens and ference has been talked about for 2 years!
If they've been talked about for so long, I'm sure you'll have plenty of links to posts by the "Hall lovers" here where they're calling Klefbom a garbage player. I'll be waiting.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Except the data is pretty conclusive that what he said was the exact opposite of the truth.

Hall was actually better against playoff teams than the opposite. So yeah, it was a pretty silly thing to say.

and i've been saying all along. Stats fool people. but you go ahead and get fooled by your stats. i'm going to take the word of nhl players that have actually played with hall and seen first hand what hall is about.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
2.5 years later and we are still talking about Hall
Shows you how badly Chia f***ed up that trade

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
If they've been talked about for so long, I'm sure you'll have plenty of links to posts by the "Hall lovers" here where they're calling Klefbom a garbage player. I'll be waiting.

not going to dig through posts but some posters that have said this knows who they were. pretty sure it was some of you like soundwave etc.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
and i've been saying all along. Stats fool people. but you go ahead and get fooled by your stats. i'm going to take the word of nhl players that have actually played with hall and seen first hand what hall is about.

So you posted a quote making an objectively false statement, and when someone points out that it's false you plug your ears and throw a fit because that "doesn't jive with your narrative". Gotcha, goodbye.

Reactions: StevenF1919

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
HK97 really gets triggered hard when the Oilers goal differential with Hall and without (same with McDavid) gets brought up, lol, because it shows pretty definitively the problem with this team is the 3 other lines on the team. It's hard to argue against -157 or whatever.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
So you posted a quote making an objectively false statement, and when someone points out that it's false you plug your ears and throw a fit because that "doesn't jive with your narrative". Gotcha, goodbye.

that's what you fail to get through your skull. getting points doesn't mean you're "showing up". you can get easy s*** points where you just happen to touch the puck on the pp and not drive anything. if klef says he didn't show up against tougher teams and basically only picked on lesser teams i believe him. i had the same opinion long before he made that comment. but i guess we know our hockey and guys like you just crunch your numbers and think you know.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
HK97 really gets triggered hard when the Oilers goal differential with Hall and without (same with McDavid) gets brought up, lol, because it shows pretty definitively the problem with this team is the 3 other lines on the team. It's hard to argue against -157 or whatever.

yup. i'm triggered. because you can prove any bs with skewed stats. i need to get some fresh air.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
yup. i'm triggered. because you can prove any bs with skewed stats. i need to get some fresh air.

Exactly you are because you can't explain how the team could allow -175 goals against without Hall on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->