Post-Game Talk: Final Game -- Rangers @ Bruins

3 Stars

• Total voters

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I just can't imagine a coach who has accomplished 0 in the NHL being the hill this organization will die on. It's insanity.

Well, maybe they really want to change that 0 to something else. Now's the time.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
That Laf and Krav goal tho...

iu

Deleted member 23124

Did you ever watch Home Improvement in the 1990s (Tim Allen sitcom)? That whole show was basically a satiric take on Bob Vila (he even appeared on the show a couple of times).
I've heard of it but never watched it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Laf played a full season, he would continue accelerating and end up with like 40 even strength points.

And 0 powerplay points because our coach ironed the wrinkles out of his brain.

not the only one
if we moved vets and gave mo time to rooks, our record might be worse, but our emerging core would be more experienced and in better shape

and setting aside what price was actually on the table for Strome/Buch [agree we had to wait on Zib due to him recovering from covid], there was no excuse to keep buys like Smith.

Reactions: mas0764

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
not the only one
if we moved vets and gave mo time to rooks, our record might be worse, but our emerging core would be more experienced and in better shape

and setting aside what price was actually on the table for Strome/Buch [agree we had to wait on Zib due to him recovering from covid], there was no excuse to keep buys like Smith.
I saved you a seat on the Kravtsov to center bus

Reactions: bernmeister

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think this COVID-affected season hurt us more than most.

We were young and with a roster that didn't have a lot of experience playing together in general - ie even the vets mostly have no more than 2 years here. Yet we were playing almost exclusively against some of the oldest, most physical, most experienced and most cohesive teams in the league. The lack of offseason and practice killed us way more than it would a veteran team that is returning a lot of the same players for the Xth straight year.

On top of that we still make the playoffs in any other division, and also, frankly, have way less of a need for "toughness," in any other division.

We are gonna see a big leap next year I bet.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Speaking as an outsider - Rangers and their fans should be very happy with that win today. Winning in regulation means the Rangers finished the season with a winning record in regulation for the season (24 wins vs. 23 losses; 9 games decided in OT which is a total coin flip these days and shouldn't be treated as anything other than ties, to be perfectly honest). Also finished last season with a winning regulation record, come to think of it, but had to do it this year in a division with 3-4 legitimate Cup contenders, depending on how you rate the Isles. Not bad at all.

Hopefully Drury knows what he's doing because I still don't understand firing Gorton from a hockey POV. Seemed to know what he was doing. The Rangers rebuild has been fun to watch. I'm always a bit sad when I've reached the last Sam Rosen game of the season; I watch a lot of Rangers games because I enjoy the broadcasts. Next season should be a playoff year. Really no excuses left. In a division with Carolina, Washington, and Pittsburgh, yeah, but the other four don't have as much talent. I'm including the Islanders in that mix, yes. Should be the year to take the next step. Rooting for it to happen.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
not the only one

I don't think that's fair to SMith. First of all, it's not like he was an addition this season. He was already here. As much as everyone wants to play their NHL20 fantasies, the fact is you can't just throw a bunch of 20 year olds into a room in the best league in the world and make it work. Look at Edmonton. 4 #1OA and it's been a circus. Smith is a good teammate. Smith shows guys what it's like to suck it up and play the role you are asked to play to the best of your ability. Smith holds the line even if it's barely when Godzilla comes and is about to flatten your city. You can't tell me this core would be better off if not one of them could do a thing about the Caps and the entire hockey world was calling them a bunch of scared children. Smith did enough in my eyes to even warrant coming back for a 1 or 2 yr deal if it's at a low enough price, but honestly, the stones he showed going after Wilson and the versatility he has shown over the past two years probably get him at least that offer on a much better team closer to contending.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think that's fair to SMith. First of all, it's not like he was an addition this season. He was already here. As much as everyone wants to play their NHL20 fantasies, the fact is you can't just throw a bunch of 20 year olds into a room in the best league in the world and make it work. Look at Edmonton. 4 #1OA and it's been a circus. Smith is a good teammate. Smith shows guys what it's like to suck it up and play the role you are asked to play to the best of your ability. Smith holds the line even if it's barely when Godzilla comes and is about to flatten your city. You can't tell me this core would be better off if not one of them could do a thing about the Caps and the entire hockey world was calling them a bunch of scared children. Smith did enough in my eyes to even warrant coming back for a 1 or 2 yr deal if it's at a low enough price, but honestly, the stones he showed going after Wilson and the versatility he has shown over the past two years probably get him at least that offer on a much better team closer to contending.

Am willing to concede team would not nec be better short run, but like I said key long term is to give these guys mins.

Smith had an uneven career here.
Yeah, he was already here start of the year
but would rather have dealt him mid season for a 4th and given those mins to D youth, esp since it turned out Jones was gonna be accommodated w/early elc and be here.

That's the pt
younger players getting those mins now better long term

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Is the nightmare over or is it just beginning?

Such a weird season. Ugh. But at least they showed something in the final game. I’ll take that.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Only his first game but I really like what I'm seeing from Justin Richards here as I watch my DVR.

Reactions: ArPanet

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
not the only one

The kids are in fine shape for next season.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Within very liberal limits people should speak believe and write what they want.

Live and let live. Give and take.

An open society is a better more tolerant society.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
One of the good things about the end of this season is that I don't have to hear or see that gimpy f*** Giannone until September.
Hahaha i thought i was the only one who hated him. Seems like a cocky jerk. And he looks like a half eaten donut that you just picked up off of the floor

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
we professorial types have to stick together...

ps
it should happen
no reason not to try and it solves all kinds of probs if/when it works
There was no reason not to try it THIS season. Yet another reason why I can’t stand the ideas that playing Blackwell so much, playing the PP1 for 2 minutes, and “focusing on winning” was the right thing to do.

This was the year to figure shit out. Now we have to do that next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad