Post-Game Talk: Final Game -- Rangers @ Bruins

3 Stars

• Total voters

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I sure hope the players liking playing for Quinn has no bearing on the decision of whether to fire him or not. Winning and likability have poor correlation. Being a good coach, I guess being likable is good, but if you're a good coach it doesn't matter.

Ya, a la Kreuger. I feel like this is an important spotlight on Drury. Can he put a well documented friendship aside and make a swift decision that needs to be made? I think it would look better if he's decisive, for appearances and perception anyway.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ya, a la Kreuger. I feel like this is an important spotlight on Drury. Can he put a well documented friendship aside and make a swift decision that needs to be made? I think it would look better if he's decisive, for appearances and perception anyway.

The thing is listening to Drury he seems like he never felt an emotion in his life. So hopefully he handles the head coaching position this way.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I remember feeling so excited about this season, but felt comatose for half of it...like many of our starts.

Hopefully Quinn in gone. We came out too flat in too many of our games. The games with Knoblauch were night and day.

That said, I'm glad they battled and won today. Boston's coach this week basically thought he would get a couple of easy wins. He was half right. Screw them.

Looking forward to many more goals from Laf and hopefully Kratsov, too.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Lots and lots of knee jerk reactions. I saw posts about trading Miller after his rookie season. Then the same fans shit on Dolan for not being patient enough. Our fans aren't patient enough.
I know this looks like a first post, but I am a long time lerker ?? But a Rangers fan for 60 years. I don’t know how you mean our fans are not patient, weather we need to be more patient or was that sarcastic. No criticism intended. Just a statement, 1cup in 81 years is that patient enough? I believe we will be good for years now just get the right people in place. I hope my patience pays off

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know this looks like a first post, but I am a long time lerker ?? But a Rangers fan for 60 years. I don’t know how you mean our fans are not patient, weather we need to be more patient or was that sarcastic. No criticism intended. Just a statement, 1cup in 81 years is that patient enough? I believe we will be good for years now just get the right people in place. I hope my patience pays off

I mean, they're patient in as much as they didn't leave the team but when you see people after one season of a 20/21 year old D-man already talking about trading him then what do you call that? At least with Chytil who people also want traded this is his third season. Still lots of impatience with the young players.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
WTF is a YOMAN effort? Am I hearing that correctly? Both John and Sam said it.
Yo, man, it's yeoman.

which could be

" an attendant or officer in a royal or noble household"

or

"a person who owns and cultivates a small farm , specifically : one belonging to a class of English freeholders below the gentry "

per merriam-webster

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I mean, they're patient in as much as they didn't leave the team but when you see people after one season of a 20/21 year old D-man already talking about trading him then what do you call that? At least with Chytil who people also want traded this is his third season. Still lots of impatience with the young players.

And every time the impatient folks decide that a prospect needs to be shipped out, the reasoning ALWAYS turns to the same unquantifiable categories: hockey IQ, vision, and other areas where young players are generally inconsistent.

Reactions: Kaapo Hollweg

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The thing is listening to Drury he seems like he never felt an emotion in his life. So hopefully he handles the head coaching position this way.

Everything I've heard about the relationship between Drury and Quinn makes it sound like they're real pals and see hockey in a similar way. According to Servalli, i want to say, Drury had offered Quinn the coaching job for the US Men's championship and while not announced, this was the direction it was going. There's a lot of concern the more I think about it. I can see a lot of excuse making and rationalizing our way out of firing Quinn. Covid, Zibanejad wasn't on his game, weird year, young team, tough division. We'll never know how much of an influence Dolan has on the coaching position but he sat in on the AV interview and is rumored to have wanted a change this season. I can't imagine Drury keeping Quinn after Dolan made a huge fuss about the way we were playing. It's be professional suicide if Quinn sucks next year.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and CLW

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Micheletti is terrible, biggest market in the NHL and we deserve better.
The weird thing is they WANT him to be like this. Joe is better on national broadcasts.

I really don't understand it. They must think their audience is a bunch of simpletons.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Everything I've heard about the relationship between Drury and Quinn makes it sound like they're real pals and see hockey in a similar way. According to Servalli, i want to say, Drury had offered Quinn the coaching job for the US Men's championship and while not announced, this was the direction it was going. There's a lot of concern the more I think about it. I can see a lot of excuse making and rationalizing our way out of firing Quinn. Covid, Zibanejad wasn't on his game, weird year, young team, tough division. We'll never know how much of an influence Dolan has on the coaching position but he sat in on the AV interview and is rumored to have wanted a change this season. I can't imagine Drury keeping Quinn after Dolan made a huge fuss about the way we were playing. It's be professional suicide if Quinn sucks next year.

See hockey in a similar way? That's quite concerning.

Reactions: CLW and pld459666

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This season was a meat grinder. I thought the schedule would be fun but man it was tough. The early season series against Pittsburgh, blowing those leads, haunted us all year trying to catch up. Honestly, we finished where we should have. We are the best of the bottom four teams in that division. I don't get the impatience with the rebuild because alot of things that had nothing to do with hockey put their stamp on this season. Next year the kids get another year older towards their prime, the cap numbers are not horrible, Those top 4 teams get a little bit older, a little bit slower, and a little more expensive, and the gap closes.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
We don't even play a north south style.

Right, the offense is clearly not coached by Quinn.

Quinn's contribution is getting the young kids to play at both ends. Outside of that, the players dictate.

But, if you listen to Quinn: he clearly is a north south guy. Probably why he loves Howden so much.

Reactions: egelband

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Drury has to decide to fire Quinn, his buddy and his mistake, or not. This exit interview talk just sounds like an attempt at buying time. Wonder if they will get rid of the troublesome veterans instead (Zib and a few others), get Eichel in and call it a fresh start.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Drury has to decide to fire Quinn, his buddy and his mistake, or not. This exit interview talk just sounds like an attempt at buying time. Wonder if they will get rid of the troublesome veterans instead (Zib and a few others), get Eichel in and call it a fresh start.

I just can't imagine a coach who has accomplished 0 in the NHL being the hill this organization will die on. It's insanity.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad