Post-Game Talk: Final Game -- Rangers @ Bruins

3 Stars

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They were 11-2-1 coming into this game, but a team that had one of the most taxing week's in franchise history, half the team was injured, and playing for nothing beat them. All of you people constantly talking shit about this team. They have far more talent than their record states. They need some depth, some grit, and an NHL coach.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
They were 11-2-1 coming into this game, but a team that had one of the most taxing week's in franchise history, half the team was injured, and playing for nothing beat them. All of you people constantly talking shit about this team. They have far more talent than their record states. They need some depth, some grit, and an NHL coach.
I feel the same exact way. They’re absolutely going in the right direction. I see posts about trading a guy like Zibanejad, as if players like that are easy to find.

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
Not making excuses, and I don't know if he answered a question about it, but my only guess as to why Quinn didn't challenge the high stick is that he didn't trust the officials to overturn the goal and that they would be killing a penalty with Boston buzzing.

Reactions: romba

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
AV was a clown who went on tirade after the last game of the season.

Quinn is Drury's friend and at the very least, handled himself with MUCH more grace and class than AV did. He'll get the weekend if not more time into the week. His decision making pissed me off to no end this year, but he deserves that respect.
I’m thinking Quinn is offered a lesser job within the org. Maybe a NA scouting job or something. I get the feeling he won’t be kicked out of the house.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I feel the same exact way. They’re absolutely going in the right direction. I see posts about trading a guy like Zibanejad, as if players like that are easy to find.

Lots and lots of knee jerk reactions. I saw posts about trading Miller after his rookie season. Then the same fans shit on Dolan for not being patient enough. Our fans aren't patient enough.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not making excuses, and I don't know if he answered a question about it, but my only guess as to why Quinn didn't challenge the high stick is that he didn't trust the officials to overturn the goal and that they would be killing a penalty with Boston buzzing.

Sadly, I think that statement is going to get them the short-end of the stick for seasons to come.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
So not a lot of people here believe the decision is already made by Dolan explicitly or implicitly?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I’m thinking Quinn is offered a lesser job within the org. Maybe a NA scouting job or something. I get the feeling he won’t be kicked out of the house.

Next draft:

Round 1: Brett Howell
Round 2: Brettrick Howden
Round 3: Brett Howtsky
Round 4: Brian Howden
Round 5: Howard Brettsky
Round 6: Howie Brettrick
Round 7: Bob Howskovitz

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
There's a lot of talk about accountability. Quinn needs to be held accountable too. Before he's out the door, he needs to explain publicly his reasoning behind his player deployment. Bonkers.

Deleted member 23124

WTF is a YOMAN effort? Am I hearing that correctly? Both John and Sam said it.
You mean "yeoman" effort: very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc. They've done yeoman's work in raising money for the organization.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Interesting that AV was fired 3 hours later. I know he had been on the rocks but this is no different. Did we not need to do exit interviews with AV? Does a coach who is just as good as fired usually fired before exit interviews so they don't have to participate unnecessarily?

not 100% sure but I don't think the coach is in the exit interviews so the players can speak openly and honestly about the coaches, good or bad. you don't need to wait if you are firing the guy regardless of what the players say...but if its not 100% the GM can uses feedback from key players on if the coach has lost the room or not, they like playing for the coach, etc

Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
not 100% sure but I don't think the coach is in the exit interviews so the players can speak openly and honestly about the coaches, good or bad. you don't need to wait if you are firing the guy regardless of what the players say...but if its not 100% the GM can uses feedback from key players on if the coach has lost the room or not, they like playing for the coach, etc

I sure hope the players liking playing for Quinn has no bearing on the decision of whether to fire him or not. Winning and likability have poor correlation. Being a good coach, I guess being likable is good, but if you're a good coach it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Tob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->