Post-Game Talk: Final Game -- Rangers @ Bruins

3 Stars

• Total voters

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
You mean "yeoman" effort: very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc. They've done yeoman's work in raising money for the organization.

nah jabroni idiot... it means “YO MANNN..... good job”

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I feel the same exact way. They’re absolutely going in the right direction. I see posts about trading a guy like Zibanejad, as if players like that are easy to find.
We all love zibby. But putting a 45-50 million dollar investment into him until he’s 35 might not be the best approach.
Locking up Fox and getting this organization back on track is job 1

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
We all love zibby. But putting a 45-50 million dollar investment into him until he’s 35 might not be the best approach.
Locking up Fox and getting this organization back on track is job 1

But whose replacing Zibanejad? Center is the biggest organizational weakness, and after him the drop off is steep. We’re not even sure Chytil is even a center. The only way shipping out Zibanejad makes sense is if they do make a deal for Eichel or Larkin.

Getting Fox on a long term deal is very important, but if we make a deal to create space or address organizational weaknesses, it’s more than likely going to be one of the the Wings and/or RHD going.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Everyone talking like buch is gone but it doesn't make sense. He's literally exactly the type of player a team like this needs to keep. Young, busts his ass, scores, has some physical aspects to his game. If we brought back kreider to lose buch and zib then it really does highlight how significant the flaws were when our front office built this team now and for the future

f*** the broooooooons. Always good to see them lose

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
AV was a clown who went on tirade after the last game of the season.

Quinn is Drury's friend and at the very least, handled himself with MUCH more grace and class than AV did. He'll get the weekend if not more time into the week. His decision making pissed me off to no end this year, but he deserves that respect.

So nothing will ruin his weekend?

And I wouldn't be shocked to see Quinn back. It depends on what the players say but I think they're mostly too young. They don't know how shit he is or isn't

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
oKtD5v0.jpg

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Lots and lots of knee jerk reactions. I saw posts about trading Miller after his rookie season. Then the same fans shit on Dolan for not being patient enough. Our fans aren't patient enough.
Some people don't understand the sport even if they follow religiously.

And many of them have never heard how it's sometimes better to stay quiet so we wonder if they're fools instead of speaking which removes all doubt

Shit some people even hated Hank and never stopped whining about him.

Reactions: chosen

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There was no reason not to try it THIS season. Yet another reason why I can’t stand the ideas that playing Blackwell so much, playing the PP1 for 2 minutes, and “focusing on winning” was the right thing to do.

This was the year to figure shit out. Now we have to do that next year.

rare agree
we are victims of the calendar
in that VK was not available until his time overseas finished
then he gets here for 20 or so games, and they ease him in at W.

I get that.

I am just saying after up to 5 games at W to get his feet wet,
they should have done the specific can't miss line I suggested:
Kakkp-Krav-Panarin

that combo on paper cannot fail

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I feel the same exact way. They’re absolutely going in the right direction. I see posts about trading a guy like Zibanejad, as if players like that are easy to find.
Mika is definitely not ‘the problem’ but he may be an unaffordable luxury once the cure is found.

Reactions: mas0764

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We don't even play a north south style.
That’s because of the players we have. I truly believe that there’s only so much a coach can do to alter a players style. Particularly on offense. If we want to be able to play more north-south, that’s a personnel issue more than anything.

Reactions: romba

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
But whose replacing Zibanejad? Center is the biggest organizational weakness, and after him the drop off is steep. We’re not even sure Chytil is even a center. The only way shipping out Zibanejad makes sense is if they do make a deal for Eichel or Larkin.

Getting Fox on a long term deal is very important, but if we make a deal to create space or address organizational weaknesses, it’s more than likely going to be one of the the Wings and/or RHD going.

The questions is: is it worth it to have him and his cap hit after his 29 year old season just so that we don't have that hole in 2022-23? Or is it better to have that hole in the lineup for a season and try to replace him?

Keep your fingers crossed for Chytil to become a top line center next season folks

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
Chytil will not be a top line center. He's a third or 4th liner. If we could somehow make a deal for Eichel giving up Zibanijad and one of our other young players that would be the way to go. I bet the Sabres would want more than that.
If I were the Rangers GM I wouldn't want to be throwing 10 mil at Zibanijad. He's too streaky and is horrible at faceoffs and I'm disappointed he didn't show some attitude at the Capitals. He's too soft.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Chytil will not be a top line center. He's a third or 4th liner. If we could somehow make a deal for Eichel giving up Zibanijad and one of our other young players that would be the way to go. I bet the Sabres would want more than that.
If I were the Rangers GM I wouldn't want to be throwing 10 mil at Zibanijad. He's too streaky and is horrible at faceoffs and I'm disappointed he didn't show some attitude at the Capitals. He's too soft.

disagree on Chytil
no JE

Reactions: smoneil and zephyr

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019

LOL. check his point production per 60 minutes of TOI. He must be the most productive 4th liner of all time. A 4th line Gretzky if you will.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
LOL. check his point production per 60 minutes of TOI. He must be the most productive 4th liner of all time. A 4th line Gretzky if you will.

Yup 23 points in 42 games this season with a lifetime faceoff win % of 39.6% My assessment of him being a 3rd-4th line center is probably going to play out as accurate.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Did we get an explanation on the no challenge incident? It seems like it fits under Rule 38.2(b)

Missed Game Stoppage Event in the Offensive Zone Leading to a Goal – A play that results in a “GOAL” call on the ice where the defending team claims that the play should have been stopped by reason of any play occurring in the offensive zone that should have resulted in a play stoppage caused by the attacking team but did not;

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
If 3rd period Laf shows up for next season, it'll be heaps of fun.
He played great in the third. Should’ve had 2 assists in addition to the goal. Was our best player and that line was humming. Yet even with that, in a meaningless game, for some reason Rooney replaces him with the empty net. Don’t get why Quinn wouldn’t reward his play there

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
That’s because of the players we have. I truly believe that there’s only so much a coach can do to alter a players style. Particularly on offense. If we want to be able to play more north-south, that’s a personnel issue more than anything.

To a certain extent, yes. This roster as constructed will never be a N/S team as their main "identity." But...they played a lot more N/S hockey last year. This year, it's like they just decided not to, and to ignore the coach when he told them to. I'm still collecting my jaw from the ground from Strome's comment a few weeks back, where he responded to a question about this topic by saying that he knew the coach wanted more N/S but that "you can't micromanage your star players" or something to that effect. If one of my soccer players ignored what I'd told him to do and followed up by saying he's a star and I can't micromanage him, he'd be stapled to the bench so long that by his next game, his kids might be on the roster. N/S play isn't their best attribute. It's certainly not something they want to do. But every player on the roster has shown that they CAN do it. They just don't want to, and apparently have a rather elevated view of themselves (Strome was just plucked off the trash heap two years ago, and now he's a "star" who shouldn't be micromanaged?!).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
To a certain extent, yes. This roster as constructed will never be a N/S team as their main "identity." But...they played a lot more N/S hockey last year. This year, it's like they just decided not to, and to ignore the coach when he told them to. I'm still collecting my jaw from the ground from Strome's comment a few weeks back, where he responded to a question about this topic by saying that he knew the coach wanted more N/S but that "you can't micromanage your star players" or something to that effect. If one of my soccer players ignored what I'd told him to do and followed up by saying he's a star and I can't micromanage him, he'd be stapled to the bench so long that by his next game, his kids might be on the roster. N/S play isn't their best attribute. It's certainly not something they want to do. But every player on the roster has shown that they CAN do it. They just don't want to, and apparently have a rather elevated view of themselves (Strome was just plucked off the trash heap two years ago, and now he's a "star" who shouldn't be micromanaged?!).

Maybe he was referring to Panarin and Zibanejad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad