Post-Game Talk: Final Game -- Rangers @ Bruins

3 Stars

• Total voters

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Maybe he was referring to Panarin and Zibanejad.

Went back to find the quote, because I didn't remember if it was clear or not who he was talking about. That use of "we" speaks volumes.

It was from this article about 5 weeks ago: Rangers beat Sabres as Ryan Strome continues to make his case with trade deadline approaching

“I still think we can shoot the puck more,” Strome added. “We tend to shoot for quality, not quantity. Sometimes it helps us, sometimes it doesn’t. I think especially with our top guys, you can’t micromanage it. You have to trust that we see the right play and that we’re going to make the right play. Obviously, you’d love to shoot the puck more and score more, but 40-plus shots, and the possession, I thought, was pretty good the second half of the game.”

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think this COVID-affected season hurt us more than most.

We were young and with a roster that didn't have a lot of experience playing together in general - ie even the vets mostly have no more than 2 years here. Yet we were playing almost exclusively against some of the oldest, most physical, most experienced and most cohesive teams in the league. The lack of offseason and practice killed us way more than it would a veteran team that is returning a lot of the same players for the Xth straight year.

On top of that we still make the playoffs in any other division, and also, frankly, have way less of a need for "toughness," in any other division.

We are gonna see a big leap next year I bet.
I see this more as a glass half full type of situation. The structure of this season exposed the weaknesses of the team far more than you would otherwise be able to see had they played a regular schedule against more NHL teams.

So Management has to have a pretty good idea of what needs to be addressed now.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
One of the good things about the end of this season is that I don't have to hear or see that gimpy f*** Giannone until September.
He bothers me so much and I can't figure out why lol. Ppl hate on Pidto but I like him way more than JG. When it's JG and Vally I mostly laugh at the JG cringe, but during interviews it's impossible- I think he tries to hard and adds tremendous (false) gravity to EVERYTHING

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
He bothers me so much and I can't figure out why lol. Ppl hate on Pidto but I like him way more than JG. When it's JG and Vally I mostly laugh at the JG cringe, but during interviews it's impossible- I think he tries to hard and adds tremendous (false) gravity to EVERYTHING

Who hates Pidto?

People are crossing some effing lines! Lol

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Who hates Pidto?

People are crossing some effing lines! Lol
Saw it mentioned a few times in the GDT, ppl think Pidto is arrogant and not funny or something like that. He probably made a sarcastic comment about the play of the team or directed at Vally/other former player in good fun and it pissed some softies off. Or maybe he's originally a Knicks guy and ppl auto-hate for that? Not really sure. But I like Pidto's attitude and his MSG 150 is solid.

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Why do you care that I care? I think it’s nice that he isn’t afraid of his faith.
Well, he is playing hockey in a country where atheists are discriminated against. And those who are not afraid to identify as such are for example basically disqualified from having any hope of running for a public office, which always includes swearing on a Bible. So I don't really get why he should be afraid.

Personally, I don't care what his faith is, because it has no bearing on what kind of person (let alone a hockey player) he is. And judging people on whether they are or are not religious (and thinking more or less of them as a result) seems weird to me, to say the least. Even more so on a hockey forum.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well, he is playing hockey in a country where atheists are discriminated against. And those who are not afraid to identify as such are for example basically disqualified from having any hope of running for a public office, which always includes swearing on a Bible. So I don't really get why he should be afraid.

Personally, I don't care what his faith is, because it has no bearing on what kind of person (let alone a hockey player) he is. And judging people on whether they are or are not religious (and thinking more or less of them as a result) seems weird to me, to say the least. Even more so on a hockey forum.
Wut?

I’m not judging anyone. I don’t think less of any other religion either. You’re projecting. In my experience, Catholics are looked down upon a lot more than people think and I think it’s cool that he wears his necklace front and center as opposed to behind his shirt. That’s all.

I also happen to support Pride Night. That has nothing to do with hockey either really.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Wut?

I’m not judging anyone. I don’t think less of any other religion either. You’re projecting. In my experience, Catholics are looked down upon a lot more than people think and I think it’s cool that he wears his necklace front and center as opposed to behind his shirt. That’s all.

I also happen to support Pride Night. That has nothing to do with hockey either really.
Yea the pediofile priests haven’t really helped our image. Nor has the church keep digging into its mass wealth to try to hide certain horrible truths. Catholicism has definitely taken a hit to its image

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Well why should I just say what everyone else says? Isn’t that a bit boring?

I'm not criticizing you. You can post whatever you want. I just didn't understand your original point. You explained it. I commented that I had never seen that point of view expressed. Nothing else going on here.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Yea the pediofile priests haven’t really helped our image. Nor has the church keep digging into its mass wealth to try to hide certain horrible truths. Catholicism has definitely taken a hit to its image

Wut?

Well, I live in a country with a vast atheist majority and the picture of the catholic church is very much not a favorable one here. Yet I have never noticed that someone's faith would be ridiculed because of it. As an atheist myself, I have a general distaste towards any organized religion, yet I respect everyone's PERSONAL faith, whatever that may be.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well, I live in a country with a vast atheist majority and the picture of the catholic church is very much not a favorable one here. Yet I have never noticed that someone's faith would be ridiculed because of it. As an atheist myself, I have a general distaste towards any organized religion, yet I respect everyone's PERSONAL faith, whatever that may be.
I have a brother who is in seminary. It’s rough for him sometimes. Just because you never notice it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. People take jabs at the Catholic Church all the time. I realize that it’s nothing serious compared to what some other people go through, but still it f***ing sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->