Player Discussion Filip Chytil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Chytil literally has the same amount of shot attempts in the same time frame as last season. He’s also tied for the third on the team in shot attempts taken, and a third of these are considered high-danger attempts.

Where he’s noticeably better than last year is utilizing his teammates and driving play on the ice. His reads are much better, he’s been engaged physically, and he’s not shying away from trying to go through people to make a play. Ya know, the physical attributes that actually matter and not the arbitrarily recorded “hits” stat. Unless my eye test is wrong and there’s another 19 y/o Czech kid wearing 72 that’s been wheeling off the boards and going right into the slot and attacking defenders 1v1 with speed off the rush. That’s the same Chytil, right?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
14 shots in 9 games vs 21 shots in essentially 7 games.

They are risking him really losing his confidence.
A) it’s not essentially 7 games, it’s 9 games
B) he’s playing for a more defensive coach during the part of the season where it isn’t essentially garbage time
C) he spent a few games this year on the 4th line getting less than 10 minutes a game
D) he’s looked great the past few games and his underlying numbers certainly back that up, just because he has less shots doesn’t mean he’s playing worse or isn’t confident

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I think it's slowly but surely but Chyts definitely is getting better and the floodgates will open soon. This is the right atmosphere for him to be playing at IMO. He used last year to adjust to the ice size and he's capably handling playing against higher talent this year.

Reactions: VNR

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
I just don’t see it. I think he’ll be a fine NHL player, but I really can’t say I see him being a star. Productive NHL player? Sure. Cornerstone piece? No.

I’m not writing him off but he looks (in terms of impact not style/profile) more like an Anisimov than a star to me.

Still doing fine and I’m not disappointed. I’m just not nearly as hyped as some are. To date I’ve been more impressed with Lias.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I just don’t see it. I think he’ll be a fine NHL player, but I really can’t say I see him being a star. Productive NHL player? Sure. Cornerstone piece? No.

I’m not writing him off but he looks (in terms of impact not style/profile) more like an Anisimov than a star to me.

Still doing fine and I’m not disappointed. I’m just not nearly as hyped as some are. To date I’ve been more impressed with Lias.
He turned 19 like a month ago and he's been playing good.

Points will come. Monkey will be thrown in the trash.

Reactions: Lone Ranger

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He is carrying Hayes and Fast offensively. Kid has been a machine in the offensive zone, with no points.:puppy:

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
These last 3 games he’s looked great! A bit snake bitten but once one goes, I could see him going on a streak

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Chytil literally has the same amount of shot attempts in the same time frame as last season. He’s also tied for the third on the team in shot attempts taken, and a third of these are considered high-danger attempts.

Where he’s noticeably better than last year is utilizing his teammates and driving play on the ice. His reads are much better, he’s been engaged physically, and he’s not shying away from trying to go through people to make a play. Ya know, the physical attributes that actually matter and not the arbitrarily recorded “hits” stat. Unless my eye test is wrong and there’s another 19 y/o Czech kid wearing 72 that’s been wheeling off the boards and going right into the slot and attacking defenders 1v1 with speed off the rush. That’s the same Chytil, right?
You’re right. He’s showing confidence and skill and making things happen. I know he hasn’t converted but he’s showing real impressive skill. He’s inconsistent in that he has very quiet shifts too. But I think he’s developing really nicely. Faster than I would have expected.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He turned 19 like a month ago and he's been playing good.

Points will come. Monkey will be thrown in the trash.

I've followed both Pastrnak and Rantanen and saw these exact same posts made in their first pro season (and even in Pastrnak's second season). More so Pastrnak as Rantanen had more of a pro-game and little expectations in bottom feed Colorado.

Now both of those players have developed into top the best young players in the entire league, and top 10 league-wide. I've always been on high on both but nobody knew what their real ceilings were.

But then again I was also high on Jesse Puljujarvi and Nail Yakupov.. Difference being pre-draft

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
The results so far:

Chytil on Hayes' wing, fantastic. 41-14 in scoring chances, 20-5 in high-danger scoring chances.

Chytil not on Hayes wing, poor. 32-42 in scoring chances, 13-15 in high-danger scoring chances.

Hayes without Chytil on wing, average. 43-46 in scoring chances, 19-21 in high-danger scoring chances.

Reference, Rangers without Chytil and Hayes: 134-148 and 72-74.

Play him on Hayes' wing, Dave.

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: WeRa

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
If they’re going to play Cody ******* Mcleod more minuets than Chytil they need to send him down to the Ahl. Should have done it before they burnt a year off his contract but whats done is done

Reactions: Fvital92

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If they aren't going to send him down, and he is still struggling to score next time we go to OT, put him out there for OT. If it goes to a shootout, let him shoot. Any success might be enough to get him going.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
I’m not sure sending him down to the A is the move. His main issue IMO is his overall timid play. He’s playing not to get hurt and not to get hit. He’s been so soft in the dirty areas and seems scared of the boards and corners. Will this be addressed in the AHL? Going down and putting up points won’t fix this problem.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Either this kid is the most unlucky guy I’ve seen, or he’s overhyped. His hands are not as good as I thought they were. His passing is inconsistent. He still seems pretty raw to me. Glides a lot, as people say. Hard to get a good read on what his hockey IQ really is. It doesn’t seem bad, but I had higher expectations.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Either this kid is the most unlucky guy I’ve seen, or he’s overhyped. His hands are not as good as I thought they were. His passing is inconsistent. He still seems pretty raw to me. Glides a lot, as people say. Hard to get a good read on what his hockey IQ really is. It doesn’t seem bad, but I had higher expectations.
Gliding is what I see also. Either because he needs to read the play, is hesitant to engage in contact play to win the puck, or both. When he doesn't need to go get the puck, along the boards, he's fine and is involved in puck battles. But in open ice he's watching the play as if he doesn't want to get into a physical battle to steal the puck or take it via a check.

Maybe he's used to the puck coming to him or "finding" him but he's gotta fight for the puck here.

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
I’m not sure sending him down to the A is the move. His main issue IMO is his overall timid play. He’s playing not to get hurt and not to get hit. He’s been so soft in the dirty areas and seems scared of the boards and corners. Will this be addressed in the AHL? Going down and putting up points won’t fix this problem.

Keeping the head up as to not get his clock cleaned will go a long way to being more confident. He did take at least a couple good head shots in the first few games of the season/preseason and has been a bit timid since.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I really hope he works on protecting the puck, stick handling and learning how to get a shot off. At this point, we know his skating is elite... He needs to start putting everything else together. Even his motor, I hope he could work on conditioning and just keep going.

I can't comprehend being 19 and handling this. New Country, no family, different rink and superior talent. All this has an affect on a teenager. How often does a Euro come over as a teenager and perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino