Jakub Voracek officially retires

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Point finishes: 4, 13, 18
Assists: 2, 4,

18th in points and 10th in assists in the 2010s. Was one of the best playmakers and overall a really good player at his peak

I remember when mcdavid was 15 or 16 someone asked me what current nhler his style reminded me of and I said Voracek of his speed was turned up to 11.

Sounds ridiculous in hindsight, but he was top 5 in pts and 2nd in assists around that time

Reactions: ruaware41

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Damn good player. Everyone talks about how the Flyers wasted Giroux’s prime, but Voracek’s got wasted too.

Are we sure Voracek getting wasted didn’t waste his prime? Great interview on chiclets, but he seemed pretty old school in that he’d rather grab beers after a game rather than stretch and take multivitamins, is the vibe I got.

I wish more players called us out, one of my favorite things was the meme of Vorachek calling out deadhead.

I’m pretty certain DeAngelo or someone close to him comes outta the woodwork as soon as you start talking shit about him. There’s this whole thing where Georgiev threw the first punch, it’s wild. Anyways, I jokingly said “calm down Tony”, and another poster responded along the lines of “there are actually family members here sometimes..”. I can absolutely see Paul Marner or the like on here, or someone’s poor grandma googling and getting the update that everyone hates lil Pierre Luc. Idk, just a weird thought.

Anywho- I mentioned Voracek being old-school, so for him to acknowledge what concussions have done.. scary, hope the dude has a healthy and happy retirement.

Reactions: ruaware41

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
A player I always enjoyed watching, would've been nice to not see him ending it on LTIR. Happy retirement!

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
then why did no cup contending teams ever make a move for him?

A "contender" did make a move for him: The Flyers.

You'll remember the Flyers traded Jeff Carter to CBUS and received in exchange Jake Voracek, 2011 first round pick (Couturier), 2011 3rd round pick (Nick Cousins).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad