Confirmed with Link: Filip Chytil Extended 4 Years $4.4375M AAV

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I've heard this before...
I think if we're going to keep tarasenko, then that means you keep the lineup of 10-93-91
That means the second line is up for grabs and considering the slip in CK's play, you move him to the 3rd line with trocheck and fill in that right wing spot. Othamann in that spot isn't a bad fit. Straight line speed, heavy forecheck. Cuylle could also play there.

Reactions: skipmowerman

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think if we're going to keep tarasenko, then that means you keep the lineup of 10-93-91
That means the second line is up for grabs and considering the slip in CK's play, you move him to the 3rd line with trocheck and fill in that right wing spot. Othamann in that spot isn't a bad fit. Straight line speed, heavy forecheck. Cuylle could also play there.

Reactions: Rempe73

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I think it' smore likely to be:

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Trochek-Kane
Lafreniere-Chytil-______
Cuylle-Brodzinski-Vesey

Perhaps Vesey moves up but I think it's more likely Drury goes out and finds an inexpensive, veteran RW or two to compete for that spot.

Reactions: McRanger92

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Trochek-Kane
Lafreniere-Chytil-______
Cuylle-Brodzinski-Vesey

Perhaps Vesey moves up but I think it's more likely Drury goes out and finds an inexpensive, veteran RW or two to compete for that spot.
Kane I see as a guy who's going to ltir for the season if anything.
maybe he does a 2y/2m like giordano and ltir's year 1 and comes back in the playoffs.

I'd rather have tarasenko if theres a choice between the two players though. Younger, faster and much more physical.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Signing the RFAs now may be the shrewd move, with the 'official rhetoric' being it will only go up $1M

The cap will be approaching $90M this offseason IMO
Pretty brilliant though, right? If the cap goes up in a big way, then every player is going to ask for more. Which could vice grip the team again. Signing them earlier is the way to go, if the cap goes big time up, then that leaves room for whatever upcoming needs they have.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Pretend I'm five and you have to really spell it out: if our total bonuses are under the bonus cushion, why are they carried over to next season? If that carry over happens regardless of whether the cushion is exceeded, why does the bonus cushion exist?
Hey @mike14 , I am there with you. I'm good with numbers BUT, this shit makes my head hurt. I am left wondering WHY are so many involved it somebody else's money?
Whatever happened to just enjoying the team, and allowing the GM and staff do what they do? Maybe I have less time on my hands, and less brain. Yeah, that's it.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Probably the plan and at his age he should take it imo

Motte should be smart and take a 3 yr X 1 per for security
Would be so good for our depth and speed. Hope it happens.
Trocheck wont be moved immediately but I do think he's a 3rd liner next season.
Him and kreider.
If Trocheck and Kreider, who are a great pair, are the 3rd line, that's even less reason to trade them cause that means we are getting awesome value and are a likely Stanley Cup threat every year.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kaako
Kreider-Trochek-Kane
Lafreniere-Chytil-______
Cuylle-Brodzinski-Vesey

I think Goodrow will be hard to move. The coaching staff really likes him.

Reactions: bobbop

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Look at the comparables for Miller around the league and almost everyone here has his next contract too high. To me, Dobson at 3 X $4MM is his ceiling.

Right now, the organic cap (no repayment for past sins) would be about $91 MM. It could be $93-94 MM by next summer. Miller and Lafreniere could take one year bridges and wait for the cap to go up. Key positive if this happens is that the Rangers can then do team elected arbitration next summer if they can’t work out a longer deal with the players.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hey @mike14 , I am there with you. I'm good with numbers BUT, this shit makes my head hurt. I am left wondering WHY are so many involved it somebody else's money?
Whatever happened to just enjoying the team, and allowing the GM and staff do what they do? Maybe I have less time on my hands, and less brain. Yeah, that's it.
Understanding this stuff allows us to know what options the Rangers realistically have. I suppose we can all just discuss adding any number of players without regard to the salary cap, but I prefer to know which ones we can actually afford.

Look at the comparables for Miller around the league and almost everyone here has his next contract too high. To me, Dobson at 3 X $4MM is his ceiling.
I think it may be more of a baseline than a ceiling, but either way, I don't see him getting much more than that. Drury could give him 2 x 4 mil instead of opting for a 3 year deal.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
We can make things work.

We'll just be playing with basically no NHL reserves and doing all sorts of shenanigans like we did this year.

That's the league we're in.
If the Bruins win this season, Kane and Tarasenko can look at Bergeron and Krecji signing team friendly deals for a year to make another run. Then cap goes up and they can get a bigger deal after another Cup. ;)

Chytil has also done everything the right way, said all the right things, never complained. He deserves to be here and I hope in 4 years we’re in a situation where we can give him a huge contract.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If the Bruins win this season, Kane and Tarasenko can look at Bergeron and Krecji signing team friendly deals for a year to make another run. Then cap goes up and they can get a bigger deal after another Cup. ;)

Chytil has also done everything the right way, said all the right things, never complained. He deserves to be here and I hope in 4 years we’re in a situation where we can give him a huge contract.
Kane and Tarasenko will legitimately have a limited number of teams that can offer them anything.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Kane and Tarasenko will legitimately have a limited number of teams that can offer them anything.
Yes that’s another thing. How many contenders will be able to afford them? They seem to like it here, especially Tarasenko who is acting like captain material, may as well stay here for another year until the salary cap works itself out.

Reactions: skipmowerman

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I wouldn't write off Tarasenko re-signing on the cheap.

His wife is a model and her opportunities are going to be plentiful in NY. He's made plenty of money, a big contract may not be what appeals most to him.

With Kane its going to be much tougher. His dad doesn't fly and literally drives to all of the games that he goes to. If Buffalo wants him, I think thats where he ends up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wouldn't write off Tarasenko re-signing on the cheap.

His wife is a model and her opportunities are going to be plentiful in NY. He's made plenty of money, a big contract may not be what appeals most to him.

With Kane its going to be much tougher. His dad doesn't fly and literally drives to all of the games that he goes to. If Buffalo wants him, I think thats where he ends up.

I don't think Kane wants to play in Buffalo and the closest teams to where his dad lives are:
NYR
NYI
Buffalo
Toronto
Pittsburgh
Ottawa
Columbus

Out of those teams, it would appear as though the Rangers are the best fit in terms of opportunity to win and proximity to his family. It's also a big city which he appears to desire. I think Kane is here for a while.

If they have the dough, yes.

Doubtful. That team is about to miss the playoffs and has a cap crunch coming. Aging core who just missed the playoffs. I would say that any player looking to sign for any term with options isn't picking Washington. I would argue they won't be picking Pittsburgh either for the same reason and they may actually make the playoffs this year...

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Someone has to move to the right side. I don't care who it is, but it would be ridiculous to trade Laf and then spend money to add someone on the right side.
At least one of Panarin or Kreider will be gone before Lafreniere's bridge deal runs out. There's no issue - just depth to see as a benefit in meantime, not detriment.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3