Confirmed with Link: Filip Chytil Extended 4 Years $4.4375M AAV

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Probably something like this left

- Cuylle
- Bjugstad 2 X 1.25 (I wish for 4C)
- Othmann? If he cant make it maybe a corey perry or phil kessel for small $ for them to cup chase?
- dont think we can afford mikkola so zac jones/robertson battle it out for 6D and Harpur is 7th?
- gotta sign a 12th and 13th fwd

Personally id like this to start the year

Panarin-Mika-Kakko
Kreider-Trocheck-Vesey (trade for top 6 Rw at deadline)
Laff-Chytil-Othmann (if hes not ready get kessel or corey perry as a 1 year stop gap)
Cuylle-Bjugstad- Brendan Lemeiux (yes i think hes a good 4th liner)
13th fwd

Lindgren-fox
Kandre-trouba
Jones/robertson-Schneider
Harpur

Id give kandre 5 X 4.75
Laff 2 X 2.75 (bridge until we trade kreider in 2 years and then cap goes up and he gets a big pay bump, top 6 + PP, handshake agreement with drury)
Assuming they trade Goodrow they would have about 16mil and that's if cap is 83.5, could be higher. Assuming your numbers are close on Miller and Laf that leaves about 8.5 mil. That should be enough for Tarasenko, Halak, 4C, and another 4th line type. Maybe a Mikkola deal can't get done but I think we are definitely signing 1 of Tarasenko or Kane.

Reactions: 100Eyes

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
Terrific deal and makes the sting of the 2017 1st Round easier to stomach. I really like Chytil, going back to how he took his demotion to Hartford like a pro, dominated the AHL, and never looked back. You could absolutely see the switch flip in Game 1 of the playoffs last year. He became a man in front of our eyes. Had he remained healthy and played every game this year, he'd probably have 25-30 goals this season, and 55-60 points. Plus he is easy to root for and plays the game the right way. He is the well deserved leader of the kid line.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Assuming they trade Goodrow they would have about 16mil and that's if cap is 83.5, could be higher. Assuming your numbers are close on Miller and Laf that leaves about 8.5 mil. That should be enough for Tarasenko, Halak, 4C, and another 4th line type. Maybe a Mikkola deal can't get done but I think we are definitely signing 1 of Tarasenko or Kane.
I think the idea of signing one of tarasenko/kane is far too ambitious and just not realistic.

I was messing around on capgeek today. And this is what I believe is realistic. This involves us signing motte to 3 X 1.5

post chytil extension 1mm - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I hate seeing these things portrayed as win-loss. To me, these are 99% of the time win-win scenarios.

I have a feeling half the league is going to be in that position next season. Hell of a way to run a professional sports league.
It’s mind-boggling.
Though I do think there’s a decent-sized jump this summer, even being in this situation now is preposterous.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I think the idea of signing one of tarasenko/kane is far too ambitious and just not realistic.

I was messing around on capgeek today. And this is what I believe is realistic. This involves us signing motte to 3 X 1.5

post chytil extension 1mm - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Again, this is assuming Goodrow and his 3.6 mil are traded. Tarasenko is not getting a 7 mil per contract anymore.

Edit: I saw the numbers that you worked up. Maybe it works if the cap goes up by more than 1 mil and we don't sign Motte. Tarasenko is just a perfect fit for this team. All this depends on what happens in the playoffs also.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I feel like we worry about performance bonuses every year and it’s never been an issue
This. I’d add that worrying about the cap in general is pointless too, but I appreciate that it can be a indicator of who’s staying/going, and other changes. But personally, all this money stuff is beyond me.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Any chance Fil switches to a better number? I’ve tried to get my head around 72 for all these years, but I…just…can’t. I’m sorry. I know it sounds crazy. Would love him to take a single-digit number, actually…if I’m being completely honest.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Any chance Fil switches to a better number? I’ve tried to get my head around 72 for all these years, but I…just…can’t. I’m sorry. I know it sounds crazy. Would love him to take a single-digit number, actually…if I’m being completely honest.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
This is an awesome deal, now get Miller extended on the Dobson deal 4x3. Laf on a bridge 2.5x2 and we should have some room to maneuver. Trade Goodrow and we could possibly keep one of Tarasenko or Kane.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
They gotta stop doing this shit when I'm in class.
IMG_20230330_081126.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NYRFANMANI

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The league is extremely conservative with their projections... they projected it would go up 4.5M if the escrow were paid off.

At a minimum 87.5M imo Would not be surprise with 88-89M with a great playoffs
People always speculate about this and it never goes up as much as people thinks.

I'd be very, very surprised if it goes past $87M.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers went through hoops to acquire Kane and fit him into the cap. The Rangers lost their flexibility to add another player(a different player than another scoring wing) or two(maybe another depth D) and potentially leave enough room to absorb the bonuses into this season's salary cap.

Chytil's number came in the high 4M-$4.5M range. He has no trade protection in the contract. No restriction clauses. Drury has the flexibility to move him at some point without worrying about any clause.

How do the Rangers put together a solid roster for next season with their cap situation? 1-22/23. That is the issue. Management doesn't have much flexibility to change the roster. Brooks loves his 3rd line checking line but that is not an option now. Unless the players want to pay more escrow, the cap will be $83.5M for next season. There is a possibility the cap could go up more than $1M depending upon how many games are played in the playoffs and which teams are playing in those playoff games.

The Rangers will re-sign Miller. The Dobson contract. 3 years/$12M. Drury gave Lindgren a 3 year 2nd contract. Miller will be a group II with arbitration rights after the three year contract. The cap should be much higher. The Rangers will have lost some of their expensive contracts by that point.

$83.5M-23-24
$88M-24-25
$92M-25-26-First season of Shesterkin extension

Miller extension(3rd contract) would start in 26-27.

Lafreniere's contract is another issue. Where is his place on the roster? Panarin and Kreider are ahead of him on the depth chart. Is that situation really changing? They say $1M for every 10 points. Chytil has 42 points. What will Lafreniere ask for in his next contract? He has 36 points this season. He has a strong finish in the regular season and another strong playoff performance. He is still the 3rd LW on the team. The Rangers could replace him with Othmann on the 3rd line for $894,167. Othmann would not have to move to RW.

The Rangers will need to find another RW to play in the top six. The Rangers don't have much money. Goodrow's money needs to be moved to help fill out the roster. The buyout option is available. $200,000 credit next season. $100,00 credit in 24-25. A trade is the better option with the Rangers not attaching assets to move the contract. Having Goodrow on the books for the next eight seasons is annoying.

The Rangers need a back-up goalie. A competent goalie. Not Garand or spicy pork. Halak. One year contract. $1M base. Not $1.5M base like this season. $1M base with $500,000 in performance bonuses which are easy to achieve. Ten starts. $500K. Halak would need to get hurt or play some bad hockey not to reach the bonus. Roll the $500K into the 24-25 cap which should be $88M. Halak has been very good for the Rangers. He knows his role. The Rangers need another defenseman. Jones most likely. Jones needs a new contract. It will be a cheap contract. His QO is $874,125. The Rangers need five or six forwards depending upon what happens with Lafreniere's contract.

The Rangers have $12,373,809 in cap space without knowing the performance bonus overage from this season. $83.5M cap. 14 players. Subtract Goodrow's money. $16,015,476. 13 players. Miller will get at least $4M. 14 players again. A shade over $12M in space. Pay Halak $1M. $11M in space. 15 players. Jones signs his QO or maybe the Rangers give him $800,000 one way. The QO will be a two-way deal. $800,000 for Jones. 16 players. Around $10M in space. Seven forwards under contract. Panarin. Zibanejad. Kreider. Trocheck. Chytil. Kakko. Vesey. The Rangers need six more forwards. It would be nice to not ice a team with Jake or Carpenter next season. The Rangers still need a top six RW. Where is that player coming from and how do the Rangers pay him? The Bruins are facing a cap crunch. DeBrusk could be a cap casualty at $4M.

Goodrow will be a big loss. The Rangers will need to replace him. Last summer Acciari went for $1.25M and Motte went for $1.35M. $83.5M cap. There should be good deals available. What does Motte want?

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Rangers went through hoops to acquire Kane and fit him into the cap. The Rangers lost their flexibility to add another player(a different player than another scoring wing) or two(maybe another depth D) and potentially leave enough room to absorb the bonuses into this season's salary cap.

Chytil's number came close to the $4M-$4.5M range. He has no trade protection in the contract. No restriction clauses. Drury has the flexibility to move him without worrying about any clause.

How do the Rangers put together a solid roster for next season with their cap situation? 1-22/23. That is the issue. Management doesn't have much flexibility to change the roster. Brooks loves his 3rd line checking line but that is not an option now. Unless the players want to pay more escrow, the cap will be $83.5M for next season. There is a possibility the cap could go up more than $1M depending upon how many games are played in the playoffs and which teams are playing in those playoff games.

The Rangers will re-sign Miller. The Dobson contract. 3 years/$12M. Drury gave Lindgren a 3 year 2nd contract. Miller will be a group II with arbitration rights after the three year contract. The cap should be much higher. The Rangers will have lost some of their expensive contracts by that point.

$83.5M-23-24
$88M-24-25
$92M-25-26-First season of Shesterkin extension

Miller extension(3rd contract) would start in 26-27.

Lafreniere's contract is another issue. Where is his place on the roster? Panarin and Kreider are ahead of him on the depth chart. Is that situation really changing? They say $1M for every 10 points. Chytil has 42 points. What will Lafreniere ask for in his next contract? He has 36 points this season. He has a strong finish in the regular season and another strong playoff performance. He is still the 3rd LW on the team. The Rangers could replace him with Othmann on the 3rd line for $894,167. Othmann would not have to move to RW.

The Rangers will need to find another RW to play in the top six. The Rangers don't have much money. Goodrow's money needs to be moved to help fill out the roster. The buyout option is available. $200,000 credit next season. $100,00 credit in 24-25. A trade is the better option with the Rangers not attaching assets to move the contract. Having Goodrow on the books for the next eight seasons is annoying.

The Rangers need a back-up goalie. A competent goalie. Not Garand or spicy pork. Halak. One year contract. $1M base. Not $1.5M base like this season. $1M base with $500,000 in performance bonuses which are easy to achieve. Ten starts. $500K. Halak would need to get hurt or play some bad hockey not to reach the bonus. Roll the $500K into the 24-25 cap which should be $88M. Halak has been very good for the Rangers. He knows his role. The Rangers need another defenseman. Jones most likely. Jones needs a new contract. It will be a cheap contract. His QO is $874,125. The Rangers need five or six forwards depending upon what happens with Lafreniere's contract.

The Rangers have $12,373,809 in cap space without knowing the performance bonus overage from this season. $83.5M cap. 14 players. Subtract Goodrow's money. $16,015,476. 13 players. Miller will get at least $4M. 14 players again. A shade over $12M in space. Pay Halak $1M. $11M in space. 15 players. Jones signs his QO or maybe the Rangers give him $800,000 one way. The QO will be a two-way deal. $800,000 for Jones. 16 players. Around $10M space. Seven forwards under contract. Panarin. Zibanejad. Kreider. Trocheck. Chytil. Kakko. Vesey. The Rangers need six more forwards. It would be nice to not ice a team with Jake or Carpenter next season. The Rangers still need a top six RW. Where is that player coming from and how do the Rangers pay him? The Bruins are facing a cap crunch. DeBrusk could be a cap casualty at $4M.

Goodrow will be a big loss. The Rangers will need to replace him. Last summer Acciari went for $1.25M and Motte went for $1.35M. $83.5M cap. There should be good deals available. What does Motte want?
This is a terrific post aside from the cap part. If the PA accepts Bettman’s opening offer of nothing, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Again, this is assuming Goodrow and his 3.6 mil are traded. Tarasenko is not getting a 7 mil per contract anymore.

Edit: I saw the numbers that you worked up. Maybe it works if the cap goes up by more than 1 mil and we don't sign Motte. Tarasenko is just a perfect fit for this team. All this depends on what happens in the playoffs also.
The scenario i drew up has us trading goodrow. Tank is gonna get like $5mm, we cant afford him imo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller: 2 years, $4.5 million
Laf: 2 years, $2.25 million
Halak: 1 year, $1.5 million
Mikkola: 2 years, $2.25 million
Tarasenko: 3 years, $5 million

All per year. Total is $15.5 million. It fits.

Halak needs to be prepared to take less than that if he wants to stay. As will motte. 1 mil tops for those two guys.

For me it’s also mikkola or lindgren. Can’t afford both. The third pair guy is going to be dirt cheap.

I think Miller if smart should take a bridge deal. He’s got way more upside over the next couple seasons and the Rangers will have more money. Same with laf who’s not going to like his deal.

Goody will have to go.

I think Kane will be back not Tarasenko who will earn and rightfully so a bigger deal long term

Cuylle is probably on this team for sure. Maybe Othmann but that remains to be seen. There will be a couple kids fighting for looks. Sykora Berard potentially.

Last edited:

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Halak needs to be prepared to take less than that if he wants to stay. As will motte. 1 mil tops for those two guys.

Maybe try to sign Halak to league minimum and give him more performance bonuses similar to Bergeron and Krejci?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad