FIFA / FM Thread

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I'll have about 90 packs for FUTBD.

Finished Giroud, started working on the St. Patty's Day and EFL Foundations.

4 more Squad Battles matches to play for the last swap.

Considering doing Messi POTM... Not sure though. If I can get it done for 700K or so it'll be worth it. We'll see how much fodder I get.

I know I could use a bunch of the objective/SBC players I have... Wanna avoid that though.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Think I waited too long to complete the Benedetto and Pastore objectives. Its such a pain in the ass to win 15 games and I get so tilted against guys who celebrate like they scored a 90th minute winner in the World Cup final in managerial masterpiece. I want to do potm Messi, but there are so many sbcs that I need to complete like Chicharito and Lars Bender that I'm not sure If I'm going to be able to do all of them. I figure a lot of people will be opening packs this weekend that maybe it'll lower the cost of some of them, but I don't know.

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Think I waited too long to complete the Benedetto and Pastore objectives. Its such a pain in the ass to win 15 games and I get so tilted against guys who celebrate like they scored a 90th minute winner in the World Cup final in managerial masterpiece. I want to do potm Messi, but there are so many sbcs that I need to complete like Chicharito and Lars Bender that I'm not sure If I'm going to be able to do all of them. I figure a lot of people will be opening packs this weekend that maybe it'll lower the cost of some of them, but I don't know.

Anyone who celebrates in Friendlies is a clown I feel like, haha.

Yeah, fodder is quite high...I wanna do those two SBCs as well. Messi too but unless I get real lucky that isn't gonna happen.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not going to get Pastore done. I Agree with the sentiment that the win 15 games objective is dumb. Do something more creative instead of just win games.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Question. I want to involve my 90 OA Kimmich this weekend. What LW from the BuLi should I get? I have 70k coins (might be closer to 80 by the time I'm home from work).

Should I go with one of the Bayern options, if so which one out of Costa, Sane, or Coman.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
The first FUT bday promo team is leaked but looks really meh. I’ll save my 55 packs for team 2 next friday.

Yeah it's a bit underwhelming but I'm still going to open my packs now. Hopefully get enough fodder for one of the top Messi squads to justify doing it.

Probably gonna do Chicarito and Lars Bender as well.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Don't think I'll be able to play this weekend because my internet has been atrocious and I have no idea why. One weekend it'll smooth as butter and the next its unplayable. Might need to get a new router

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
opened all of my packs and the best pull was Fut Birthday Sambia. I was pretty pumped at first, but then I realized I already have FS Dest and Reece James and got really annoyed. Don't think I pulled enough fodder to finish the Messi SBC unfortunately.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Opened all my packs, including the 5x85, 10x83, ultimate, and tons of other expensive packs.

No birthday players, just a dupe Mbappe.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Didn't get a FUTBD, didn't get a ton of fodder. Kroos x2, Busquests x2, Sommer x2, De Gea was it I think.

Unlikely I can get Messi done...threw untradeable 83s/84s into Sancho and Chicarito...Gotta do Bender too.

EDIT: Also got De Bruyne in the Prime Gaming pack.

I'll do a boatload of player picks when they come out and we'll see...

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On a 6 game losing streak atm. Lost 3 on PKS which sucks. Just lost one up 3-1 in the 87th minute. I then scored in the 120th and still somehow conceded one more... Makes it better cause in the 90th I went to cleat the ball in the corner and my Mendy fell as he was clearing and missed...

Currently sitting at a frustrating 7-11, one of those weeks where I could easily be at 12 wins right now if I just played a little better defense and took more chances.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lol followed the above up with a 6 game win streak.... What a roller coaster of emotion this night has been.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
snapseed-10.jpeg

8-2 tonight to get Gold 2 with a game to spare.

Grinded player picks today at work. Did quite well actually. 90, Couple 88s, half a dozen 86s. May get Messi done after all... We'll see... Don't want to start and not have enough to finish.

Also nabbed FUT Birthday Simon. Cheap player, but looks fun... And slots into my Africa FC for a future WL.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
View attachment 414073

8-2 tonight to get Gold 2 with a game to spare.

Grinded player picks today at work. Did quite well actually. 90, Couple 88s, half a dozen 86s. May get Messi done after all... We'll see... Don't want to start and not have enough to finish.

Also nabbed FUT Birthday Simon. Cheap player, but looks fun... And slots into my Africa FC for a future WL.

Do you mind sharing your tactics? Because it feels like every weekend you score a shit ton of goals :laugh:

I haven't done a whole lot of 81+ because I don't want to drain the club before icon swaps, but I did one yesterday and got Lewandowski so its trying to get me to do more

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Did 55 player picks today and got the fodder (8 walkouts, twelve 85’s and a few in forms) to complete Zambrotta.

Also sold Ronaldinho, Zidane. Bought Thiago bday, Neymar IF and Cruyff 91.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Do you mind sharing your tactics? Because it feels like every weekend you score a shit ton of goals :laugh:

I haven't done a whole lot of 81+ because I don't want to drain the club before icon swaps, but I did one yesterday and got Lewandowski so its trying to get me to do more

I play a 4-2-2-2 with Neymar and Henry up top, Kaka and Fernandes CAM, Rooney Box to Box and Kimmich as my CDM (though he still runs forward a bit).

My Fullbacks are on stay back but I activate them for runs quite a bit. I've got press after possession loss on, which enables me to win the ball back pretty frequently as the 4 attackers cover the passes out from the back nicely.

I do get hit over the middle a fair bit, as the formation is pretty open in the center.

Considering setting Kimmich to Drop Between Defenders, but that's such a waste.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad