FIFA / FM Thread

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
View attachment 377707

This is the best I could do. Not the best by any means, but decent. The new Depay SBC looks crazy if you could swing that. Malcuit isn't great though... You could look at Mendy on the right off chem and get Jordi Alba perhaps, but that's only 4 Chem for Mendy.

Could also keep Nainggolan in instead of Gueye, which keeps your CBs on 10, but Fabregas and Nainggolan on 8 (with the right manager).

Cheers thanks for taking the time to make it.

Definitely got myself in a weird spot. Not sure weather it’s worth it to replace my midfield and offence from Dybala, rttf Correa, gomez, traore and nainggolan to inform yedder, depay, alessandrini, fabregas, gueye. I’ll complete the depay and decide wether or not it’s worth switching it.

If I switch I think I’ll go full french. Defence - mendy, lenglet, Laporte , malcuit, midfield : alessandrini, fabregas, dembele, sissoko, yedder, then depay up front

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Yeah I think switching up your D at the same time makes a lot of sense...makes it easier.

I'd look at Kimpembe or Upamecano instead of Laporte though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitch nylander

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Next gen version is available for free update for anyone who owns the last gen version (atleast in US store). Even though it was confirmed by EA a while ago, no cross gen play is disappointing.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Dropped like 350 skill rating in Rivals in about 48 hours. Went and used EA's fancy connection tool and every single game was Poor/Okay.

Had a really rough Weekend League too, but finished Gold 3.

Since Black Friday I've been saving packs...gonna save 'em all until TOTY. Have about 60 now, should have a couple hundred when all is said and done. Likely won't get anything but I'll have some fun opening them up. :)

Reactions: Ajacied

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Certainly a better weekend than the previous one going 17-11. I was going to sell Neymar, but his price has just plummeted over the past week so I might as well keep him. 30 goals and 17 assists over 28 games and I'll never get that kind of production out of anyone else.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Icon Swaps and Freeze (Formerly FUTMas) starts tomorrow!

I grinded hard the last few days in Friendlies and got Bellerin, Deulofeu, and Coman all done. Probably going to use Coman up top for my Bundesliga team.

Really hoping it's First Owner Squads for Swaps. I don't mind the Managerial Masterpiece, but the 77 rating is a BIT limiting (and it's annoying having people sub on Mbappe Loan every game). My wish is no loans, first owner squad requirements.

Reactions: kingsboy11

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Online Icon Swaps done. Here's the final tally of games:

Premier League - 6 wins in 8 games
Serie A - 6 wins in 9 games
La Liga - 6 wins in 12 games
Bundesliga - 6 wins in 10 games
Ligue 1 - 6 wins in 6 games

Definitely glad I saved a decent first owner squads from each team... Made it pretty easy. Surprisingly, enjoyed the Serie A squad I had.

As for what I'm going to do with tokens... It's a tough call. Leaning towards the 2 Ultimate Packs, 25x 83+, and the Base/Mid Icon Pack. Koeman is tempting, and I may look at him and the 25x83+... But I dunno.

Saving the regular packs until Team of the Year though for sure.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Only have done my premier league token, but also got it in 8 games.

Still unsure about what to do with icon swaps. Koeman is the only icon that's tempting me and use him as a cdm and then do the 25 83+ pack. I am tempted to do the mid or prime icon pack, but I don't like that its 15 tokens and then left with only 3 to do ultimate or the 85+ pack.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Definitely the best weekend league in Fifa 21 so far. Got to 19 wins with 2 games left. Memphis and Neymar carrying me all throughout. Gravenberch and Van Bergen were insane and Walker at centerback is fantastic.
wgydQDc.png

Bottled it. Lost 4-1 and 3-2 in extra time to blow it gold 1

Pain. Just heartbroken.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Congrats man.

I really struggled this weekend. Stumbled to Gold 3.

Thursday I did make it back up to Div 3 in Rivals anyways.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I did alright, but really frustrating. Went 11-5, but then had 3 W’s stolen due to server issues. I just quit then.

Got trash out of the 25x 83+ as well.

Not a great weekend.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Up over 100 packs saved. :)

Did the Marquinhos SBC...cost about 100K. Good looking card. Honestly won't use him in my squad just yet though. But the perfect link to Neymar gives me options when I upgrade the team.

Also did both the Gaya and Ansaldi SBC's to add to my La Liga and Serie A squads respectively.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Did the 25x 83+

I got - Oblak, Ter Stegen, Courtois, Modric, Griezmann, Carvajal, & Rashford.

Ended up using quite a bit of that pack towards the Marquinhos SBC.

Currently Running:

Player Moments Memphis Depay
Ousmane Dembele - Record Breaker Cesc Fabregas - Inform Ben Yedder - Flashback Romain Alessandrini
Freeze Marquinhos
Ferland Mendy - Diego Carlos - Clement Lenglet - Inform Ruben Aguilar
Marc-Andre Ter Stegen

Bench: Rashford, RTTF Correa, RB Anderson Talisca
Reserves - RTTF Atal, Storyline Aidoo, Inform Carrasco, POTM Calvert-Lewin, 2nd Inform Olli Watkins

I switch to 4-4-2 in game.

I wish I did Mukiele, he would be perfect for my team.
-------

Might do the base Icon upgrade with the rest of my fodder.

Also I found a fun new link I might try
Freeze Bolasie - Inform Wamangituka

Might just do them to mess around with. Have a second team of something like.

Second IF Ollie Watkins/POTM DCL
Dembele - Pogba - Freeze Bolasie - Silver Stars Wamangituka
Sissoko
Mendy - Lenglet - Konate - Mbabu
Mandanda​

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Alright so I thought I had plan going into this weekend, but some things have changed. I was opening my rewards last night and managed to pack Kante which is brilliant. A few packs later I got a dup untradeable Navas which was a bit annoying. Now I've been eyeing the Aguero sbc for a while now, but I checked the icon sbc and found that it was probably easier to complete so decided to do that one instead even though I said I wasn't going to do it. Managed to finish it for free with the fodder I had and I got this...

4bM0Ki5.jpg

No need to do Aguero anymore :laugh:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Massive W!

I've looked into doing the SBC, but I'd essentially have to do it from scratch, as I'm saving packs until TOTY, and want to keep my decent first owner squads together. So I think I'll pass.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I did 3 icon sbc’s. Got Sanchez, Hernandez and Wright haha.

The 80+ picks is all I am doing now. I’ve done about 70 of ‘m. You get crap most times. But pulled me a few bangers as well; Kante, van Dijk, Casemiro freeze, Martinez freeze and some high rated players like Lewandowski, Fabinho, Griezman, etc. Team, including bench and reserves attached.

Pulled Messi from it last year. Those 80+ player picks are cheap to complete as well.

Attachments

• 8CF0B8AA-B688-4F6E-A4A0-4E7AD8335FA5.jpeg
    8CF0B8AA-B688-4F6E-A4A0-4E7AD8335FA5.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 3

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Interesting weekend.

Started 4-8 which was pretty horrific. Every single game was either won or lost by at least 3 goals.

Tonight I played the rest. Went on a 10 match winning streak, ended up getting Gold 2 with 3 games to go. Lost the last 2 unfortunately so no Gold 1.

Big reasons I played better tonight? Firstly, finally got around to installing a Wi-Fi booster, which makes my connection 10x better in my bedroom. Definitely helped.

I also replaced Aubameyang with RTTF Gabriel Jesus. They have similar stats, but Jesus's body type is much better for my style of play. Noticed a big difference.

I also widened my formation quite a bit, and was more diligent about bringing on Subs. I usually don't...but replaced Zola, De Bruyne in the 60th minute or so. Usually with go Aubameyang for Zola out wide, and Aguero for De Bruyne. Unless I was ahead, and then I did Marquinhos to close out the game.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
That’s solid men! I had to play my WL this friday only. Played over 20 matched in one sit down. Got matched with some ridiculous opponents. Quit when I reached 11 wins.
I am a div 2 player with a skill level of around 1800/1820, but WL is tough for me.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The lads got their egos bruised a couple times over the weekend, but we pulled off the unthinkable reaching Gold 1 for the first time in FIFA 21! Not as productive as last weekend with Puskas getting 27 goals and Neymar only getting 14. What probably saved the weekend was me packing Rashford in the 83+ x25 pack from icon swaps and also investing Van Dijk. I was using the free Beckham for like 5 games and knew right away he wasn't good unfortunately.

Thought for sure I was going to bottle like last weekend so I'm happy I pulled it off.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I did 3 icon sbc’s. Got Sanchez, Hernandez and Wright haha.

The 80+ picks is all I am doing now. I’ve done about 70 of ‘m. You get crap most times. But pulled me a few bangers as well; Kante, van Dijk, Casemiro freeze, Martinez freeze and some high rated players like Lewandowski, Fabinho, Griezman, etc. Team, including bench and reserves attached.

Pulled Messi from it last year. Those 80+ player picks are cheap to complete as well.

After 50 player picks that got me nothing, I just pulled my second untradeable CR7. This is his CL version, but still haha.

Used all the fodder for another icon sbc. Pulled Xavi, which is meh, but I’ll play him.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Grinding these player picks and saving them until TOTY. They should be cheaper than the ones that come out then. 8 players only, 2 rares. Getting them done for about 4500 each.

Gonna put about 400K into them, should get me about 100. Up to 50 or so.

Between those and my couple hundred packs, it'll be fun.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Didn't play on Friday because I wasn't in the mood to get angry at Fifa on Christmas so I played most of my games yesterday. I was really looking forward to trying out my new team with Freeze Aouar and a new formation, but man it really wasn't panning out like I thought it would. Only won 3 of my last 10 games to get gold 2. Got some things to think about with this team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Alright so i took the plunge and started playing Ultimate Team again. Who are some of the good budget buys these days?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Alright so i took the plunge and started playing Ultimate Team again. Who are some of the good budget buys these days?

Klosterman at centerback. Probably the best non special centerback in the game outside of Gomez and Varane.

I'll do for each league and you can go from there
EPL: Rodrigo, Raphinha, Tomori, Adama, Nick Pope
La Liga: Fati, Dest, Llorente, Felix, Militao, Diego Carlos
Serie A: Manolas, Lasgna, Chucky Lozano
Bundesliga: Klosterman, Upamecano, Mukiele, Laimer, Emre Can, Rashica, Zakaria
Ligue 1: Kehrer, Gelson Martins, Sanches, David, Atal

I wouldn't worry about goalies, all of them are trash

Its probably best to try and build teams for all the leagues to help grind the icon swaps because there's an 83+ x25 pack and 85+ x5 pack that could really help if you're just starting out. The season ends in a couple days so it'll probably be hard to get some of the current swaps, but they'll release 10 more in the new year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad