FIFA / FM Thread

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Alright so i took the plunge and started playing Ultimate Team again. Who are some of the good budget buys these days?

@kingsboy11 gave good options from the main leagues. Thought I’d add some from other leagues.

CSL: Acheampong, Texiera, Talisca, Paulinho, El Sharaway

Eredivisie: Promes, Sinisterra, Malen, Neres

Liga NOS: Marega, Rafa, Sacko, Felipe Anderson

MLS: Opara, Josef Martinez, Chara

If you ever need help with making hybrids or squads, just send us a budget and we’re all more then welcome to help.

Reactions: robertmac43

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Didn't play on Friday because I wasn't in the mood to get angry at Fifa on Christmas so I played most of my games yesterday. I was really looking forward to trying out my new team with Freeze Aouar and a new formation, but man it really wasn't panning out like I thought it would. Only won 3 of my last 10 games to get gold 2. Got some things to think about with this team.

I had a tough weekend too, in particular yesterday. Blew numerous leads, and limped to a Gold 3 finish. I felt I was clearly better in the majority of games I lost. I just laugh now instead of getting angry... It's all you can do.

Have approximately 75 player picks (hard to say exactly since the count stops above 50) and 150 packs. Should get up over 200. All I want is one TOTY, maybe excluding the goalie, haha. I doubt I get it but whatever.

For main league cheap beasts, in addition to the above, I'd also include:

PL - Richarlison, Pulisic, Bailly, Allan
Ligue 1 - Bamba, Denayer, Draxler
Serie A - Bastos, Sansone, McKennie
Bundesliga - Delaney, Hwang Hee Chan, Stark
La Liga - Portu, Valverde, Djene, Torreira

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Love the support lads!

Some other questions. What are the in game changes this time around? Best set ups, ways to shoot, etc. I need the lay of the land again.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
In other news I play a lot of Fifa with my roommate and it gets pretty competitive. When we finished with Fifa 20 I was up 33 wins. I'm finding the edge is starting to slip, I keep losing games but I have 5ish more shots and 65% possession. Just came off 3 losses in a row so I'm feeling salty at the moment. Would love any cheap game exploits/tips for everything to regain my dominance.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
In other news I play a lot of Fifa with my roommate and it gets pretty competitive. When we finished with Fifa 20 I was up 33 wins. I'm finding the edge is starting to slip, I keep losing games but I have 5ish more shots and 65% possession. Just came off 3 losses in a row so I'm feeling salty at the moment. Would love any cheap game exploits/tips for everything to regain my dominance.

Welcome to Fifa 21 :laugh:

Yeah counter attacks are strong this year because of through balls in behind the defense, so that's something to look out for when defending and attacking. When 1 on 1 with the keeper chip shots and ball rolls are great. In Fifa 20 near posts shots were insane, this year its far post shots. Something to also look out for is that center backs block everything, so fake shots are also something to use. There's a new move called the bridge that is really strong by double tapping R1/RB which basically makes the attacker push the ball forward and gives you a speed boost.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Eredivisie CM/CDM opinions?

Edit: Also RW.

cm/cdm unfortunately you're kind of stuck. I wouldn't say there's a standout player in that position.

For RW, Arjen Robben is back in the game so if you want to have some fun you could use him. For a better option you could use Antony from Ajax or Kerk from Utrecht.

One thing you could work for in milestone objectives is grind the Eredivisie objectives. 2 players you can get from it is Gravenberch and Van Bergen who are excellent CM and RW players. That might take you a little bit of time though, but the good news about those is that those objectives don't have a time limit.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For RW, Arjen Robben is back in the game so if you want to have some fun you could use him. For a better option you could use Antony from Ajax or Kerk from Utrecht.

One thing you could work for in milestone objectives is grind the Eredivisie objectives. 2 players you can get from it is Gravenberch and Van Bergen who are excellent CM and RW players. That might take you a little bit of time though, but the good news about those is that those objectives don't have a time limit.
Will definitely be doing both of these 2 things. I currently have De Jong in the mf since I got him in a pack.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Eredivisie CM/CDM opinions?

Edit: Also RW.

RW - Antony is the best for me since he has the 4 star skills, and good pace. Kerk has 93 pace is faster, but he doesn't have the same level of dribbling or playmaking that Antony brings.

As for midfielders:
CM:
The best one is probably Midtsjo, he's the most well rounded, and can easily be converted to a CDM if needed to be. Add an anchor or a shadow to him.
CDM: This is extremely tough there aren't many options. Most have too low pace to be effective. There's a 74 rated silver, with good pace for a cdm and decent defensive stats by the name of Llonch. Add a shadow to him and he could be useable. Lissandro Martinez isn't terrible either I suppose.
CAM- Use Promes he is phenomenal. I wouldn't be opposed to converting him to striker, use Hunter on him. Kudus is a fun card as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So as I said, it has been some time for me when it comes FUT. Why are their now Blue Cards that are the same as the Gold card of the said player? Is there anything different about the 2?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So as I said, it has been some time for me when it comes FUT. Why are their now Blue Cards that are the same as the Gold card of the said player? Is there anything different about the 2?

Basically the same card. No stat changes or anything, but sometimes these UCL cards are required for objectives or SBCs so they can worth holding to.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Ugh... Really thought TOTY would be this coming week... But Headliners is here.

Soooo tempted to open the packs and player picks I have saved... But I'll resist.

Scored this cheeky goal by accident last night. Meant to shield the ball and scoop turn, haha.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Ugh... Really thought TOTY would be this coming week... But Headliners is here.

Soooo tempted to open the packs and player picks I have saved... But I'll resist.

Scored this cheeky goal by accident last night. Meant to shield the ball and scoop turn, haha.

What a goal.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Gold 1 again this weekend! Tried out a whole new team and new tactics 433(5) and they worked wonders. I actually wasn't feeling confident going into the weekend with the team because I was trying it out in Rivals and was getting smacked around just wrecking my confidence. But I could early on that everything was working the way it should be working. The thing that surprised me the most is that it was probably my best defensive effort I've ever had in weekend league. The weekend I got to Gold 1 two weeks ago I conceded 59 goals over 30 games, this weekend I conceded 14 less goals in 29 games. Even more impressive that I was playing a press after possession loss defense so I'm pretty proud of that.

AwKX4NO.png

I packed Gosens, Neuer, Fabregas and already had Hakimi so I thought I could make a cool hybrid. Didn't really like Fabregas so went with Aouar instead. So I picked up Chiellini, Cuadrado and Verratti. Chiellini and Gosens swap in game and Cuadrado and Hakimi swap in game. Also I highly highly recommend Verratti. Probably the best value card in the game for only just over 100k.

Also scored this with Cuadrado that I was pretty pleased with. Not as cool as @GabeTravels, but this felt good.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gold 1 again this weekend! Tried out a whole new team and new tactics 433(5) and they worked wonders. I actually wasn't feeling confident going into the weekend with the team because I was trying it out in Rivals and was getting smacked around just wrecking my confidence. But I could early on that everything was working the way it should be working. The thing that surprised me the most is that it was probably my best defensive effort I've ever had in weekend league. The weekend I got to Gold 1 two weeks ago I conceded 59 goals over 30 games, this weekend I conceded 14 less goals in 29 games. Even more impressive that I was playing a press after possession loss defense so I'm pretty proud of that.

AwKX4NO.png

I packed Gosens, Neuer, Fabregas and already had Hakimi so I thought I could make a cool hybrid. Didn't really like Fabregas so went with Aouar instead. So I picked up Chiellini, Cuadrado and Verratti. Chiellini and Gosens swap in game and Cuadrado and Hakimi swap in game. Also I highly highly recommend Verratti. Probably the best value card in the game for only just over 100k.

Also scored this with Cuadrado that I was pretty pleased with. Not as cool as @GabeTravels, but this felt good.

Very nice! I love that move.

I feel like I'm right on the edge of Gold 1. I swear, I had 3-4 games this week where I felt I was easily better than my opponent and ended up losing.

Such is life.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So finished my icon swaps today. Took about 4 hours to get the last couple from squad battles. Did the base/mid icon pack and got Mid Hugo Sanchez. Wasn't happy with that and did the base/mid icon sbc and threw all my fodder away including Hugo and got base Shevchenko. :cry: Think I'll take a few days off

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Toty voting starts today:

Some ridiculous omissions - David Alaba, Thomas Muller, Jan Oblak, Serge Gnabry, Jadon Sancho,

I voted for players who deserved rather than the Meta options.

My TOTY
Mbappe - Lewandowski - Messi
KDB - Thiago - Kimmich
Davies - VVD - Ramos - TAA
Neuer

Just Missed
Forwards: Cr7, Immobile, Haaland & Neymar
Midfielder: Papu Gomez and Bruno Fernandes
Defence: Thiago Silva and Theo Hernandez​

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
My TOTY

Ronaldo - Lewandowski - Messi
Son - Fernandes - De Bruyne
Davies - Van Dijk - Ramos - Alexander-Arnold
Neuer
Agreed that Alaba and Muller being omitted are pretty brutal. I could easily have put Kimmich in instead of any of the midfielders I did...but I love Sonny, and it's hard to take out Bruno or KDB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad