FIFA / FM Thread

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Finished Gold 2 with a game to spare.

Not the best, not the worst.

Neymar's a monster. 50 goals this weekend.

@kingsboy11 why do you stop at Gold 3?

Mostly just don't want the stress lol plus you get the 50k pack in Gold 3 and not in Gold 2. I'm a real sore loser in this game and I took the losing really hard (still do) towards the end of FIFA 20 and trying to not do that this time around. I'm glad Assassins Creed Valhalla came out so I don't have to grind this game all the time.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So I lost a draft final pretty easily and the rewards I got were pretty shit so I opened a 25K pack in annoyance and umm....

p7xm4zv.jpg

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
So I lost a draft final pretty easily and the rewards I got were pretty shit so I opened a 25K pack in annoyance and umm....

p7xm4zv.jpg

I see a trend here, hopefully I'm the next person on this board to pack him.

Congrats man.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Had poor fut champs and didn't finish all my games, will be getting silver 1 rewards. As well as untradeables from div 4 rivals.

I've crafted 5 81+ double upgrades, and a few Rare gold double upgrades. Plan on getting as many packs as possible for the Black Friday promo.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

p7xm4zv.jpg

Niiiice! Tradeable?

Base Icon SBC today...500K cost. Probably not worth it...I may see how much it costs with my fodder, but I don't want to spend a ton of coin.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Niiiice! Tradeable?

Base Icon SBC today...500K cost. Probably not worth it...I may see how much it costs with my fodder, but I don't want to spend a ton of coin.

Yep!! Just like my TOTS Neymar last year. Although this time I'm probably going to sell him after this weekend league to help round out the team.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Haven't decided if I'll do it yet... Gotta look at my fodder. If I can get it done for under 200K I'll do it.

Saved like 20 packs for today. Didn't get any best of TOTWs but I did get 4 current TOTWs which is good for SBCs.

Also pulled untradeable Lenglet and Aubameyang in the same Rare Mega Pack. Crazy pack luck this year man. Lost 45K selling the tradeable Aubameyang but that's fine.

My untradeable squad is looking pretty dang good...

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Haven't decided if I'll do it yet... Gotta look at my fodder. If I can get it done for under 200K I'll do it.

Saved like 20 packs for today. Didn't get any best of TOTWs but I did get 4 current TOTWs which is good for SBCs.

Also pulled untradeable Lenglet and Aubameyang in the same Rare Mega Pack. Crazy pack luck this year man. Lost 45K selling the tradeable Aubameyang but that's fine.

My untradeable squad is looking pretty dang good...

Congrats man. I've got 36 packs, I'm opening them all tomorrow for the Black Friday promo thing.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've been tempted multiple times. I've got a fair amount of high rated fodder, but probably not enough to do it without spending almost all of my coins. What's holding me back is the potential first owner icon swaps coming next month. I don't want to waste a bunch of my high rated fodder and be left with next to nothing to complete those objectives plus I'd rather work for an icon that I would want rather than gamble and get something that doesn't help me.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've been tempted multiple times. I've got a fair amount of high rated fodder, but probably not enough to do it without spending almost all of my coins. What's holding me back is the potential first owner icon swaps coming next month. I don't want to waste a bunch of my high rated fodder and be left with next to nothing to complete those objectives plus I'd rather work for an icon that I would want rather than gamble and get something that doesn't help me.

Yeah I went through and looked at my Top 5 First Owner squads tonight. Got decent ones for all 5, though striker is quite weak for a few leagues. If it's anything like last year though you only need 7 first owner players for Icon Swaps 1. So I'll make it work. Plus if they're in friendlies like they look like they're gonna be I can use some loans.

Even with them set aside I have a solid amount of fodder. Think I'll bite the bullet on the SBC tomorrow. Probably will cost me around 150K just at first glance. I could get it done for less if I used FUT Champs or Objective cards but I wanna save those this year.

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Did the Icon SBC. Cost me about 200K... Not bad. Got Zola. From a value standpoint that's pretty decent... He sells for like 800K.

Not the most exciting but he looks pretty good. May try him out instead of Firmino. His pace and shooting are great. Wish he had 5* skills but that's really the only drawback.

Been doing the Flash SBCs while at work today. Couple decent pulls (Havertz, Ricardo Pereira, Mendy). Mendy recouped 100K which is nice.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Horrible day playing Fifa. First opened one of the ultimate packs and got nothing, went 6-6 in weekend league today (which hasn't happened in like 7 months), got the 100K pack for 50 champs win, then proceeded to get Jesus Navas out of that pack. Very different from last weekend where even if I wasn't getting wins I was liking how I was playing. Not getting that at all. Probably my fault for deciding to play on a day where everyone is playing the game at the moment.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Horrible day playing Fifa. First opened one of the ultimate packs and got nothing, went 6-6 in weekend league today (which hasn't happened in like 7 months), got the 100K pack for 50 champs win, then proceeded to get Jesus Navas out of that pack. Very different from last weekend where even if I wasn't getting wins I was liking how I was playing. Not getting that at all. Probably my fault for deciding to play on a day where everyone is playing the game at the moment.

I hate those days.

Thought I was gonna have one myself, started 2-3 in Champs, including a game where I got SMOKED 8-1. But then I proceeded to win 7 straight, playing lights out.

Verdict on Zola...very, very good. Fun as hell to play with. He's so tiny and rapid. Great agility...God I wish he had 5 star skills. Still, he's a mainstay in the squad now, replacing Firmino.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Built my team. Nothing left in the bank or club. I do have Son, Mane, Hugo Sanches and such on the bank still. Saving for Varane now.

Attachments

• 8692547C-3D18-4E13-A1DD-02E542317BAC.jpeg
    8692547C-3D18-4E13-A1DD-02E542317BAC.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Really good weekend. Gold 2 with 5 games to spare. Sadly couldn't make the jump to Gold 1. I do decent on +6 ELO, but anything above that is really difficult.

Speaking of First Owner Squads, here's mine from the Top 5 leagues (once I finish Rodrygo and Deulofeu).

Screenshot_20201129-105707~2.png

May consider replacing Trent with Bellerin when I complete him. We'll see. Otherwise, this is a pretty damn good squad.

Screenshot_20201129-110408.png

Niane is solid but not amazing. Packing Ben Yedder a few days ago was nice. I had Di Maria on the right but used him in SBCs... But Bamba is good, even off Chem. Crazy how many Red Ligue 1 players I have.

Screenshot_20201129-110907.png

Probably my weakest attacking side, though Sabitzer is good, and Jeong Woo Yeong looks solid as well. Hwang Hee Chan is a cheap option, but I don't really like Kramaric. If I don't pack anything decent on the attack here soon I may do the Lewandowski POTM SBC.

Screenshot_20201129-111418.png

Off chem Dembele and Oyarzabal are better as Strikers than anything else I have. Pretty solid though overall.

Screenshot_20201129-112230.png

Decent attack and midfield, pretty woeful defense, especially the fullbacks. I do have De Vrij, and could consider a 3 at the back formation here... Maybe bring in Ilicic as a CAM.

Still a good set for Icon Swaps... Far better than last year when I didn't save anything except my main team.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Really good weekend. Gold 2 with 5 games to spare. Sadly couldn't make the jump to Gold 1. I do decent on +6 ELO, but anything above that is really difficult.

Speaking of First Owner Squads, here's mine from the Top 5 leagues (once I finish Rodrygo and Deulofeu).

View attachment 377623

May consider replacing Trent with Bellerin when I complete him. We'll see. Otherwise, this is a pretty damn good squad.

View attachment 377624

Niane is solid but not amazing. Packing Ben Yedder a few days ago was nice. I had Di Maria on the right but used him in SBCs... But Bamba is good, even off Chem. Crazy how many Red Ligue 1 players I have.

View attachment 377626

Probably my weakest attacking side, though Sabitzer is good, and Jeong Woo Yeong looks solid as well. Hwang Hee Chan is a cheap option, but I don't really like Kramaric. If I don't pack anything decent on the attack here soon I may do the Lewandowski POTM SBC.

View attachment 377627

Off chem Dembele and Oyarzabal are better as Strikers than anything else I have. Pretty solid though overall.

View attachment 377628

Decent attack and midfield, pretty woeful defense, especially the fullbacks. I do have De Vrij, and could consider a 3 at the back formation here... Maybe bring in Ilicic as a CAM.

Still a good set for Icon Swaps... Far better than last year when I didn't save anything except my main team.

Pretty incredible

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Packed Ben Yedder inform, finished the Alessandrini SBC. Now I'm super stuck on what to do with my squad.

Currently I'm running a 4-5-1 switching to 4-4-2 & 4-3-1-2 in game.

Correa (RTTF)
Dembele - Dybala - Gomez - Traore
Nainggolan
Mendy - Manolas - Koulibaly - Semedo
Handanovic

Bench - Alessandrini (Flashback), Talisca (Rule Breakers), IF Ben Yedder, Akinfenwa + 3 bronzes
Reserves - Vardy, Mertens, IF Watkins, IF Carrasco, POTM Calvert-Lewin,

How should I switch up my lineup to play Ben Yedder and Alessandrini? Have 100k or so to spend.​

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Packed Ben Yedder inform, finished the Alessandrini SBC. Now I'm super stuck on what to do with my squad.

Correa (RTTF)
Nainggolan
Handanovic

Bench - Alessandrini (Flashback), Talisca (Rule Breakers), IF Ben Yedder, Akinfenwa + 3 bronzes

How should I switch up my lineup to play Ben Yedder and Alessandrini? Have 100k or so to spend.​

That is really, really challenging... Would you prefer replacing your Serie A attack? Your CBs and Keeper are great so I would think you'd want to keep them.

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
That is really, really challenging... Would you prefer replacing your Serie A attack? Your CBs and Keeper are great so I would think you'd want to keep them.

Honestly I am willing to change anything in my lineup. It's just difficult finding ways, to incorporate both Alessandrini and Yedder.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I seriously can't remember the last time I got smacked around like this in weekend league. Just everything I was doing was wrong. Still managed to get to gold 3 with 2 games left and Neymar with 27 goals and Talisca with 22 goals and 20 assists. As much as I loved Neymar I do think I need to sell him to help the team. Either that or invest the coins to build up a bigger balance

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

Correa (RTTF)
Nainggolan
Handanovic

Screenshot_20201130-104407.png

This is the best I could do. Not the best by any means, but decent. The new Depay SBC looks crazy if you could swing that. Malcuit isn't great though... You could look at Mendy on the right off chem and get Jordi Alba perhaps, but that's only 4 Chem for Mendy.

Could also keep Nainggolan in instead of Gueye, which keeps your CBs on 10, but Fabregas and Nainggolan on 8 (with the right manager).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad