FIFA / FM Thread

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Only big change I made this weekend is upgrading Richarlison to Aguero. His finishing has been clinical. I do want to upgrade Ziyech, but I'm not sure to who yet.

4-1 so far, feeling good. Working until 5p all weekend makes it a bit tough, but I'll get my games in. Extension to Monday is quite helpful though.

upgrade ziyech with one of Havertz or pogba

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
upgrade ziyech with one of Havertz or pogba

Yeah I'm considering both...or holding out a bit (week or 2) and putting in De Bruyne. I have Fabinho as my CDM and I really want a solid attacker.

I'm also considering moving Firmino back to CAM (I like having 5* skills in the middle of the pitch) and getting another striker.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well I went 14-5 in weekend league between yesterday and today. I definitely didn't think I was going to be playing as well as I was after I heard about how people were finishing last weekend. Maybe I'll play the remaining games later this weekend, but I think I'll be sticking with a lot of gold 3 finishes this year.

I actually packed Gabriel Jesus on Friday once the servers got back online and he's been incredible for me replacing Jimenez. Also replacing Fernandinho with Davinson Sanchez made a massive improvement to the defense.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Current team

Ibrah - Lukaku
Dybala
Savic - Nainggolan
Kessie
Theo - Manolas- Chieillini-Cudarado
Handanovic

Saving up for Gomez to pair with Lukaku.
Saving up for Koulibaly as well.

Manolas finally growing on me, I was going with Bonucci - Chiellini and I really enjoyed that partnership especially Bonucci’s passing.

I bring diMaria on as a striker between 46-70’ for Ibrah.

diMaria, Dybala and Allison (GK 90) all untradable.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Current team

Ibrah - Lukaku
Dybala
Savic - Nainggolan
Kessie
Theo - Manolas- Chieillini-Cudarado
Handanovic

Saving up for Gomez to pair with Lukaku.
Saving up for Koulibaly as well.

Manolas finally growing on me, I was going with Bonucci - Chiellini and I really enjoyed that partnership especially Bonucci’s passing.

I bring diMaria on as a striker between 46-70’ for Ibrah.

diMaria, Dybala and Allison (GK 90) all untradable.

That's some size up front!

Sep 19, 2008
I tried out another FIFA 21 game a few days ago, you can't change the sim speed? It seemed set at a certain pace. In NBA 2k you can make the sim go faster or slower so I usually set it to fast and see how the game plays out, then slow it down if it's getting close and I'm losing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I tried out another FIFA 21 game a few days ago, you can't change the sim speed? It seemed set at a certain pace. In NBA 2k you can make the sim go faster or slower so I usually set it to fast and see how the game plays out, then slow it down if it's getting close and I'm losing.
Can't change sim speed, it's hardcoded to a pace based of the game time you have in your settings. My guess is, it's related to the jump-in functionality, which is very smooth and is basically instantaneous with no loading. So they probably have the game processing in the background like it's being played with all the assets already loaded, so maybe adjusting speed of sim is just not possible. It is nice to jump in and out if need be. If I get out to an early lead in Career, I can just hop out to the sim.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
Can't change sim speed, it's hardcoded to a pace based of the game time you have in your settings. My guess is, it's related to the jump-in functionality, which is very smooth and is basically instantaneous with no loading. So they probably have the game processing in the background like it's being played with all the assets already loaded, so maybe adjusting speed of sim is just not possible. It is nice to jump in and out if need be. If I get out to an early lead in Career, I can just hop out to the sim.
I did notice that. I trailed 2-0 early in the European International Cup and then jumped right in.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well I idiotically and arrogantly thought I could get to Gold 1 needing only to go 6-5 to get there. Lost 3 games in a row and realized I was in over my head. Sticking with gold 3 for the 50k pack

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Doing the Mukiele objectives and just pulled TAA from my one player pack.

Considering running him and Joe Gomez (whom I packed last week) on the right instead of Carlos and Navas.

Would also mean getting Alba for the left side instead of Digne.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Switched my team around a bit..

—————————- Ben Yedder ————————-
Dembele ——————————————— Rashford
———————-—— Firmino (IF) ————————
— Renato Sanches (IF) - Benjamin Andre (RB) -
—————————————————————————
Mendy ———— Van Dijk - Gomez ———— Bissaka
—————————-— Alisson ——————————-

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Switched my team around a bit..

—————————- Ben Yedder ————————-
Dembele ——————————————— Rashford
———————-—— Firmino (IF) ————————
— Renato Sanches (IF) - Benjamin Andre (RB) -
—————————————————————————
Mendy ———— Van Dijk - Gomez ———— Bissaka
—————————-— Alisson ——————————-

That's what you call a stacked team! How is Yedder this year, my buddy did not like him.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
That's what you call a stacked team! How is Yedder this year, my buddy did not like him.

He’s still OP. Hard, deadly shot in the box and very agile. I agree he’s a bit less than the versions I tried of him last season, as his pace and strenght is lacking a bit and I am a sucker for 5*/5*.

Renato Sanches inform is the guy to go for, though. Best player on my squad. Took me a full afternoon to snipe him as he’s extinct for a while now. Could be worth looking into :)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Took coins for my Rivals rewards today. Nothing great from my WL Player Picks (I did get Ings as an option twice...but he's not going to replace anyone in my squad, and I hate Southampton, haha).

I did pack Rulebreakers Kamara which was a nice 55K, and used that and the coins from rivals to get De Bruyne. He's a freaking monster.

This is the current squad
Snapshot_20201029_144446.jpg

Feeling really good about it. Played a couple games of Rivals and made it to Division 2. Last year I only made it up to Division 4, and couldn't stay there.

Reactions: robertmac43

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gold 2 with 3 games to spare this weekend. Sadly couldn't make the run to Gold 1.

Pulled Lucas and Firmino untradeable so I was able to sell the two I had which is nice.

Edit: Do your Marquee Matchups boys! Just packed Untradeable Kante. :)

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Heh, so did I. He was in the same pack as rulebreaker van Aanholt. Not to mention I also packed Son, Sane, Allan from gold upgrades yesterday, which was nice for once.

I'm debating doing gold upgrades.

But I like having a healthy balance of cards for sbcs and whatnot.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Didn't play Weekend League this weekend, but playing a fair amount of rivals. I've somehow not only made it up to Division 2, but made it up around 1850 skill rating. Genuinely stunned at how I'm in this spot and how I'm actually holding my own. I've been really enjoying the 451 (2) recently using Rule Breakers Talisca, In form Paulinho and De Bruyne as the mid field trio that completely controls the game.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Anybody thinking of purchasing FM21? Haven't purchased a new one in years.. I felt like the whole morale and 'dynamics' system change in the past couple iterations weren't interesting to me to purchase

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Completely overhauled my team again:

Neymar ———-—- Son ————— Rashford
———————— Firmino —————————
————— Kante ————- Pogba —————-
Telles ——————————————- Semedo
—————-— Gomez - Aké ————————-
———————-— Alisson —————————-

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Didn't play Weekend League this weekend, but playing a fair amount of rivals. I've somehow not only made it up to Division 2, but made it up around 1850 skill rating. Genuinely stunned at how I'm in this spot and how I'm actually holding my own. I've been really enjoying the 451 (2) recently using Rule Breakers Talisca, In form Paulinho and De Bruyne as the mid field trio that completely controls the game.

I too am up past 1800 skill rating. Really want to get Div 1 for the bragging rights/coin boost.

I try and get 8ish games of Rivals in on Thursdays before WL, and lately it's been enough to get Rank 1.

I will say, the friendlies objectives are a ton of fun. Silver Lounge in particular. Good on EA. Rulebreakers Akinfenwa is so ridiculous, haha.

Sitting on about 450,000 coins at the moment. Not sure what to do...Salah would be an improvement over Moura, but I may actually hold out a bit and build up a good coin balance. I haven't done any trading the past few weeks since I've been off of work (I usually have some down time at work and can make 20K or so in an hour, lol).

Also held my packs until RTTF drops. Got 2 Objectives 100K packs too which is nice. Hopefully pull something decent.

Reactions: kingsboy11

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I too am up past 1800 skill rating. Really want to get Div 1 for the bragging rights/coin boost.

I try and get 8ish games of Rivals in on Thursdays before WL, and lately it's been enough to get Rank 1.

I will say, the friendlies objectives are a ton of fun. Silver Lounge in particular. Good on EA. Rulebreakers Akinfenwa is so ridiculous, haha.

Sitting on about 450,000 coins at the moment. Not sure what to do...Salah would be an improvement over Moura, but I may actually hold out a bit and build up a good coin balance. I haven't done any trading the past few weeks since I've been off of work (I usually have some down time at work and can make 20K or so in an hour, lol).

Also held my packs until RTTF drops. Got 2 Objectives 100K packs too which is nice. Hopefully pull something decent.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about the gameplay recently, but I think EA has absolutely knocked it out of the park with player objectives this year. The silver lounge is great, Akinfenwa is a fun card, Mollet was challenging but not absurdly hard same with Mukiele. Having specific requirements to complete the objectives is the best idea they've ever had.

I'm kind of in the same boat sitting around 300k. The only real improvement that I can for sure make is adding Rashford, but I'm hoping he'll drop a fair amount or just pack him myself.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Just sell your team and try to buy a Neymar or Mbappe as soon as possible. There are plenty of fun, low budget OP cards to fill out your squad (Carlos, Militao, Klostermann, Dembele, Saint Maximim, Sissoko, Mbabu, Llorente, Rodrigo, etc). I feel defending is harder than ever and even the likes of van Dijk don’t feel capable. Hence I am focussing on the difference makers up front.

Just bought myself Neymar. Now saving up for Mbappe. I held my own this week in division 3, got close to promoting due to him.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Packed RTTF Zakaria...not sure if he'll rise. He's 250K right now but with Gladbach top of their group...he may rise a bit. May just take the easy coin though.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad